Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

View Poll Results: When would you be free to meet up with PF?
Tuesday 426.67%
Wednesday 533.33%
Thursday 746.67%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-07-2012, 06:07 PM   #1
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Official PF Photokina Meetup

I have been meaning to post this thread for a while, but things have been so busy that I'm just now getting to all of the Photokina stuff that I had planned! As you may have learned from recent homepage postings, PF will be at Photokina this year to report on what's there (hopefully there will be more than what's currently been rumored!).

I would very much like to meet up with as many members as possible who will also be attending the show (after the press day of course). I'm thinking to maybe meet near the Pentax booth for a Q&A session, and then go out for dinner- but I'm open to suggestions! We'll have lots of PF gear with us (shirts, mousepads, etc) to give away, so don't miss out!

Please post in this thread if you-re going to be at the show, and we'll take it from there!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
09-08-2012, 12:23 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
So you don't have your own monter on the exhibition
09-08-2012, 09:53 AM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Not this time

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
09-08-2012, 10:39 AM   #4
Veteran Member

I'll be going on the last day with one or two friends (Oly users). One of them works in retail, so Sunday is the only day we can make it. We're driving from Belgium and heading back home the same day, so dinner will unfortunately not be possible, lunch on the other hand...

Wim

09-08-2012, 10:50 AM   #5
Pentaxian

I'll be there from Thursday to Saturday. Great, we already have conflicts
OTOH, does it have do be a single meeting? From my experience, there's enough Kolsch in town for two or three
09-08-2012, 02:37 PM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
I would very much like to meet up with as many members as possible who will also be attending the show (after the press day of course).
Hi Adam,

don't you plan to attend at the press day? I am accredited press and we may meet in the press center if you like, monday morning before the tour starts (the German tour is much more fun than the intn'l one in the afternoon ...) ...
09-08-2012, 02:55 PM   #7
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Yup, I'd be happy to meet up there- I don't speak any German (though I understand a lot, knowing Danish and English), but could still tag along for the tour

I've added a poll to this thread to see what day would work best for the general meet-up; we might do more than one, also!

Adam

09-08-2012, 05:03 PM   #8
Banned

Yes nice to meet. Not yet around wich day I'm going. Maybe Pentax could offer a meeting space in their boot?
09-09-2012, 10:33 AM   #9

Photos: Albums
I'll be going on Wednesday (if everything works out as it's supposed to …). You'll recognize me: the (one and only??) guy with a K5, hanging around at the Pentax booth and trying to lay his hands on the K5's successor
09-09-2012, 10:51 AM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Yup, I'd be happy to meet up there- I don't speak any German (though I understand a lot, knowing Danish and English), but could still tag along for the tour

I've added a poll to this thread to see what day would work best for the general meet-up; we might do more than one, also!
I know a small amount of German and am a native speaker of English.

One day I saw a sentence in Dutch and I understood every word. Surprising.
09-09-2012, 10:52 AM   #11

I'll go on Wednesday,
09-09-2012, 11:40 AM   #12
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ElJamoquio Quote
Dutch and
Deutsch?
09-11-2012, 04:18 PM   #13
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Wednesday is starting to sound like the day most will be there- we'll be sure to be near the Pentax booth so you can find us

Adam

09-11-2012, 08:07 PM   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Unfortunately I cannot join you. Tough work deadlines here with a PhD student finishing up her thesis among other things. But there is one thing I'm curious about, and I'm wondering if some of you who get there could test this if you are allowed to play around with a K-5 II. Could it be that the improvements in autofocus could also be turning the tables regarding Pentax AF performance with converters on? In case you have some 1.4/1.5/2x screw drive or SDM converters in your collections, please pack them with you to photokina and see if you get a chance to try it on the K-5 II with whatever lens they have there. You know the problem: so far there is only one 1.4x and one 1.5x converter that work with SDM, both out of production. Simple screwdrive A contact converters may work even for a 2x, but sluggish. Limiting factor seams to be be the lens speed, with <=1.5x and <=f2.8 what has been really necessary for some sort of OK performance. But what if the AF improvements suddenly means that it can work with a slower lens and/or with a 2x converter? There are a pile of 2x converters out there with SDM contacts (old power zoom contacts) of little value so far (I actually took out the glass of my own Kenko 2x SDM converter and got an all automatic extension tube that works with SDM since the tube steals less light than the 2x glass). It could be an interesting experiment if you have the chance to try it. Or to ask about it.
09-12-2012, 12:54 PM   #15
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Who is paying??