Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-07-2012, 06:13 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Seattle area landscape photogs

I've been in Seattle for about a year and a half now, but have seldom made it out of the city to photograph our various beautiful landscapes, scenic pastural regions, or anything along the coast. This is a general reach out for anyone in the city who's looking for a weekend photo partner to chase the light with and share costs of gas and roadside motels. And amiable company, of course!

I'm all for burning out of the city on a Friday afternoon to be somewhere awesome for dusk; or camping deep in the mountains to be on scene for star trails or the morning light. If you're looking for a partner, or are part of a small group that loves being outside right when the light gets good, give me a shout!

12-04-2012, 06:13 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi Chris,
I am a new Pentax user and just came across your post. I took a look at your web site and really impressed with the quality of your photos. I live in the Spanaway area and don't get into Seattle too much because of the traffic, but you have given me lots of location ideals.
I like the ideal of getting out early for sunrise photos. At the present time I mostly go to Tacoma or Mt Rainier area. My regular photographer buddy does not like getting up hours before sunrise, so usually when I want to do that it's by myself traveling on my sidecar outfit (We only have one car, so I don't like taking that if gone all day).

Anyway, I don't know if we can get together, but would be willing to try some shoots.

Will Edwards Wingincamera@hotmail.com
12-31-2012, 01:15 PM   #3
Pentaxian

I'm a new forum member, but a 13 year Seattlite. Don't actually own a Pentax, but have plans. Would love a pub gathering with some Seattle shooters some time.

I'm carrying around a vintage film slr and a compact digital Canon. Interested in a Pentax DSLR for the weather seal because...well it is Seattle. As you know, no one here sells them though, so there is some leap of faith.
01-17-2013, 11:37 PM   #4
Forum Member

I've been on the forum for a little while, and also live in the Puget Sound area. I've hiked a number of places from the Olympic Peninsula to the North Cascades and often head out for a paddle or hike with my camera. I enjoy landscape, wildlife, and macro photography. Let me know if you want to meet. I'll try to PM with some notice when I next head out.

01-19-2013, 02:05 AM   #5
Forum Member

I'm in Puyallup and shoot with a K-5 and medium format film. I have a strange work schedule, but would like to do a group shoot or even a meetup!
01-19-2013, 04:00 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hey DJSponge,
I am the Spanaway area and retired so I might be able to accommodate a strange work schedule. Maybe get together locally. I mostly shoot landscape or city scape.

Will