Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-05-2008, 06:56 AM   #121
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by BrendanPK Quote
I am so sorry I have been super bogged with work this past week, hosting a 4th party at my house today (plus working a parade in the morn) 2 jobs tomorrow and summercamp (acting as a grown-up... Assistant scoutmaster) for the next week.
I will post as soon as i can
-b
QuoteOriginally posted by mel Quote
Well gee Brendan you make it sound as though you have a life outside the forum or something. What's up with that?

I hope you are able to pull something out of the meadow group shots.
Yeah, Brendan, a party at your house more important that posting - and you didn't even invite us??? Tsk Tsk

Seriously, have fun at the scout camp!

07-05-2008, 08:06 AM   #122
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by rt22306 Quote
Looks like I missed a great time! I was aware of it from the posts on dpreview, but couldn't commit due to a new job that began June 9 (half of the office was already scheduled to be out the days of the gathering when I got there as well). New job is swell, I should have more time to make it next year!

In the meantime, I need to work on this site a bit. Signed up some months ago, and never really visited much. With a bit more free time, I hope to take part more.
Welcome to PF rt22306. There appears to be a growing NoVA Pentaxian community. Keep in touch!

Mike
07-05-2008, 11:57 AM   #123
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Ok, I got a few up real quick, More coming when I have time
A K1000, What, Mel, come on your not that old. lol

And a sunrise
07-05-2008, 12:01 PM   #124
mel
Veteran Member

Ok, I got a few up real quick, More coming when I have time
A K1000, What, Mel, come on your not that old. lol
Um, yeah. I am. But in my mind I'm still 19. Well maybe 26 at the oldest.

07-05-2008, 12:33 PM   #125
Veteran Member

Original Poster
(really reched and scrachy sounding with a croked finger...) Back in my day...
07-05-2008, 12:36 PM   #126
mel
Veteran Member

(really reched and scrachy sounding with a croked finger...) Back in my day...

that is soooooo not funny

(just teasing back )

Last edited by mel; 07-05-2008 at 12:49 PM.
07-08-2008, 09:09 AM   #127
Inactive Account

Boy, I had some reading up to do when I returned. Funny stuff.

I've been working on my action photography in so. ca with the surfers. I wish I had had a certain someone's BIGMA . . . ;-)

Tracy, sorry about the no-name thing. Just pure laziness on my part. And, wanted to let you know that I was using the 100 macro as a portrait lens this past weekend. Was using my friend as a guinea pig at the rose garden in san diego. let's see how they turn out. :-)

Kim

08-02-2008, 09:01 PM   #128
Veteran Member

Original Poster

Finaly, the big official group photo I am sorry I have been under alot of work lately and trips.
Pentax Rock: (who took it??)

Thanks to the Sponsors:

SB800 tree, heck Pentax Flashes are free-roam

Last edited by BrendanPK; 08-02-2008 at 09:30 PM.
08-02-2008, 09:26 PM   #129
Veteran Member

Original Poster
The new Face of Pentax

More Butts from the weekend

Chimping

And the "white lenses" run from the Black and Red Pack of Pentaxians
08-04-2008, 03:40 AM   #130
Veteran Member

Thanks for posting the banner shots.
08-06-2008, 07:28 PM   #131
mel
Veteran Member

Hey Brendan, do you have any more of the shots from the, er, shoot on stonyman? I'm really curious as to how some of the others turned out (please tell me that wasn't the best one).

oh and don't feel the need to post them here.
08-07-2008, 08:10 AM   #132
Inactive Account

Hey All -
Got this email from NVPS if anyone is interested. Field trip to Wolf Sanctuary Sept 13th
Kim

Sept 13, 2008 NVPS Fieldtrip: The Wolf Sanctuary of PA
Saturday, Sept 13, 2008
Departure Time: 11:00 a.m. (car pooling from Dunn Loring)
Photo shoot: 2:00 until 5:30 p.m.
Sanctuary Donation: $35 per person (normal price is $75 pp)
The Wolf Sanctuary of PA
The Wolf Sanctuary of PA

Mark your calendars now for the next NVPS Fieldtrip which be held on Saturday, September 13th. The club will be visiting The Wolf Sanctuary of Pennsylvania for a private photo shoot of the wolves in their sanctuary home. The sanctuary will collect a $35 fee per person upon arrival and their staff will be on-hand to provide information and answer your questions.

The sanctuary is located at 465 Speedwell Forge Rd. Lititz, PA 17543. Lititz is a small town just north of Lancaster in the heart of the Pennsylvania Dutch country. Car pools will be formed and depart from Dunn Loring Fire Station at 11:00a.m. (please park on the street). It would also be possible to meet us at the sanctuary in case you wanted to spend the morning in the Amish country of Lancaster county.

Sanctuary parking is near the photo shoot location so walking should be kept to a minimal. We will be outside throughout the afternoon (2:00 to 5:30) so please dress for the weather. Also, consider bringing snacks/drinks since food and beverages may not be available.

Please email me at gerry.abbott@cox.net to sign up for the trip. For those signing up, please let me know if you would be willing to drive. I can provide the drivers with detailed driving instructions.

Sanctuary photographic considerations: As you might expect, the wolves are fenced in and this will pose some challenges for your photographic technique. Generally, the use of wider apertures, longer lens and manual focus will permit you to capture good images. Camera position needs to be relatively close to the fence (but not too close as there are wolves in there!). As the wolves will not be far away, you will have the opportunity to capture close-up images of the wolves as well as some interaction among themselves. In some cases, you will need to take care to have your subject (the wolf) be sufficiently away from the fence in order to focus. Tripod are permitted but you may find that hand holding the camera to be more practical. I was told that ladders would also be permitted but you would need something like an 8 ft. ladder to gain any height advantage (step stools would not offer much benefit). As a reference, here is a link to another wolf sanctuary in New Jersey
Serious Photography Sessions at Lakota Wolf Preserve
01-09-2009, 01:02 AM   #133
Veteran Member

Original Poster
The Seccond Gathering is Up, Join us for 2009 for a adventure of more learning and LBA'ing
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/gatherings-events/46308-planning-2nd-annu...-open-all.html