Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-07-2013, 06:28 AM   #46
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Ash - I, too, am currently looking at buying the K5IIs. My local camera store, one of two in Hobart, will match DCW's price, plus postage, total of $1,200. I am seriously tempted by DWI's price as well, particularly as it's free shipping. As there seem to be a few of us on this forum wanting the same product, maybe this could help in bringing the price more in line with DWI, etc.
Cheers

04-07-2013, 06:46 AM   #47
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

DWI quoted me $15 for shipping, saying that orders over $50 are shipped nationally at this rate. Below $50, and remote locations are charged $50 for shipping. That's a little odd. There was no mention of free shipping from them:

Thank you for contacting us regarding the K-5 IIs.

For Remote area shipping orders over $50 in AU
Standard shipping is $15
Express shipping is $20

Thank you for shopping with DWI. Please email us for any further inquiries.

Best regards,

Geoff
Digital World International

digital cameras, digital slr cameras, video cameras - DWI australia online store. Digital World International
http://www.facebook.com/DWIAUS
---------------------------------
K-5 IIs:
The shipping fee is $15 for the standard shipping to postcode 4390. There will be a payment surcharge as well. PayPal is 2% and AMEX is 3%.
Total cost is $988.38 if the ordered shipped with standard shipping and is paid by PayPal.

If you have any other questions please let us know.

Many thanks
Isabel
Digital World International

Phone:
NSW: (02) 8005 6499
ACT: (02) 6100 3950
VIC: (03) 9015 7714
QLD: (07) 3102 3599
WA: (08) 9467 7950
SA: (08) 8121 5714

Email: sales@dwinternational.net
WWW: digital cameras, digital slr cameras, video cameras - DWI australia online store. Digital World International
04-07-2013, 06:49 AM   #48
Veteran Member

Original Poster
It's seeing is DCW will match DWI is the interesting one
04-07-2013, 04:20 PM   #49
Forum Member

According to DWI's web site free shipping is to metropolitan areas, it excludes remote areas and PO boxes, hence the $15 standard shipping fee to post code 4390. Hopefully DCW will match DWI's price or come close to it

04-07-2013, 05:55 PM   #50
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Random thought - perhaps we should request a whole sub-forum here:
International Pentax Forums - PentaxForums.com
After all, half the time the Yanks dont know what we're saying anyways - HEHE
04-07-2013, 06:15 PM   #51
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I'll wait to see what they say. So far DWI has got my attention. Plus they say at the moment that warranty is contracted to a Sydney company. That's different to what's been said so far...

-----------
Thank you for your email. You will receive a 12 month Australian warranty through our contracted service agent in Sydney CBD called Atech Distribution. You have send back the parcel to our service agent if it is under warranty.
04-07-2013, 06:18 PM   #52
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Response from DCW is:

Thanks for the enquiry. We offer our best price upfront and are therefore unable to go any lower. All of our products are Australian stock with proper warranty though.

I am unable to comment on individual stores but many are not selling Australian stock. I advise looking at a the FAQ section on the site.

Here are some advantages of buying Australian stock:

• You are supporting companies in Australia
• You know that you are getting good quality (no ex-demo, repaired or seconds stock)
• You are covered by Australian consumer law
• You get the proper plug adapters and accessories
• Goods are made to the Australian power and safety standards
• Genuine Australian Warranty
• You do not have to post back to Hong Kong or similar to get the camera repaired

Also, as an extra, extra bonus, our staff are excellent and we offer a very high level of after sales service and advice.

Many stores appear to have Australian stock but will import from overseas as opposed to sourcing their cameras through the proper channels.

To place an order call 1300 365 220 or go to our website. If you have any more questions please let me know.

Kind regards,

Rosette

-----------
Worth a shot, but I take the points being made. DWI is quite a good deal.

04-07-2013, 06:22 PM   #53
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Perhaps try and contact this A-Tech mob and try and get a feel for them?
Also; ask DWI for any kind of Extended Warranty?
04-07-2013, 06:30 PM   #54
Veteran Member

I'd factor any warranties offered by Hong Kong companies as basically worthless. I've read a lot of bad stories about getting service from those companies as it is at their discretion, not yours, as to whether there is a fault with your camera at all, and if it is whether it was caused by you or by a manufacturing defect. Unless it's super cut and dried (like a DOA camera) they tend to say the camera is fine, or that it is faulty but caused by the user. It's not like you can turn up in the shop demanding to see the manager. Emails are easy to ignor.
04-07-2013, 07:45 PM   #55
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Agreed, twitch, which is why I'm leaning towards DWI if indeed their servicing is done domestically.
I'll reserve judgement until I get word from Atech regarding their service, but even that isn't a guarantee until I see what work they do on servicing cameras - if I ever need to use them.

Their website suggests the following:
Please note that warranty repair claims are only valid for manufacturer defects.

ATECH Distribution is a contracted service agent to Digital World International Limited for warranty repair work locally. ATECH Distribution will perform tests on warranty claimed products and report to either the Manufacturer. DWI or both the findings of such tests. ATECH Distribution will not perform any repair tasks unless the job is approved by either the Manufacturer or DWI.

ATECH Distribution has the right to refuse service. in such an event Digital World International Limited will deal with your warranty claim directly.
____
That in itself isn't greatly reassuring. But I certainly hope that they at least do a reasonable job.
ATECH do not have telephone contacts. Just an email address from which I'm waiting to hear a reply from regarding their service.
04-07-2013, 08:31 PM   #56
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Atech Distribution Pty Ltd - Computer Equipment--Repairs, Service & Upgrades - Silverwater, NSW - Yellow Pagesฎ
04-07-2013, 10:41 PM   #57
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Ah, thanks mate. I've just bitten the bullet.
Bought via DWI: Pentax K5 IIs Body Only K-5 IIs Digital SLR Cameras Digital World International
Much cheaper than I got the K-5 classic for second hand...
04-07-2013, 11:17 PM   #58
Veteran Member

Original Poster
*Like*
04-07-2013, 11:21 PM   #59
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Me too. when it arrives even more so...
04-07-2013, 11:33 PM   #60
Veteran Member

When I bought my 1st K-5 my local store offered me an extended warranty, which I decided to bypass until my genuine warranty was almost done. When I eventually approached them to buy the extended warranty, they told me that the provider had gone belly up - there's no guarantees.

You can buy a K-5IIs for $1249 via CRK and that gets you pretty decent warranty service. I think it's worth paying that little bit extra frankly - I can just walk into my local CRK office and tell them to send my stuff to Melbourne for assessment, because of this and that reason, and they'll generally do that and I've already paid ALL repair costs and shipping up front.

Last edited by bossa; 04-07-2013 at 11:41 PM.