Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 15 Likes Search this Thread
10-20-2009, 05:42 AM   #211

Hi all Indian Pentaxians, now I'm in New Delhi and come to work at Noida everyday. This weekend I'm visiting Taj Mahal ^^. Are there any rules that I have to obey to take photos in Taj Mahal ? Thank you beforehand for your response.
P/S : Until now I only see 1 girl with D40 kit on New Delhi street last Sunday. So where all you stay? And I want to go to some luxury centers of New Delhi to take some photos. Please show me ^^

10-20-2009, 06:44 AM   #212

Photos: Gallery | Albums
@XEBITBUNG. Being historic place, tripods will not be allowed there. Normal security checks have to be gone. At some places, you may have to remove your footware (you can identify as everybody will be doing that). Other than that no restrictions on photography angle. If you are staying there for more than a day or so, try to capture it from other side of the Yamunar river bank. -- my 2 cents
10-20-2009, 10:35 PM   #213
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
@Madhur,
Great shots of Brahminy Kite and Black kite in flight.

Atindra
10-20-2009, 10:37 PM   #214
Veteran Member

I dont think so

QuoteOriginally posted by jhaji Quote
Is the K7 available in India? I'm thinking of taking one on my trip there.
I have not seen K-7 being sold in India. One online source showed K-7 just for 53000/- (body only) but that was supposed to be shipped from Newzealand. I doubt that source.

Atindra

10-20-2009, 10:58 PM   #215

Another Dilliwala..

I have been in US for 5 years or so. I have been a Delhiite most of my life and none of my friends ever had a Pentax. I myself hooked on to Pentax a couple of years ago- when I picked up my K100D.
10-21-2009, 06:42 AM   #216
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks Atindra for the name of the birds.
I didnt knew it
QuoteOriginally posted by Atindra Quote
@Madhur,
Great shots of Brahminy Kite and Black kite in flight.

Atindra
10-25-2009, 04:58 AM   #217

Photos: Albums
Pentax user from India?

Hello,

I had posted the following introduction in the Introductions forum. I came to know this thread through Sudhakar. I thought this will be the right thread to introduce myself. Hence I am posting it in this thread. As mentioned in my post below, I am interested in interacting with people from India and especially from Pune where I live.

mj

Hi everybody,

Just joined the group and thought I will introduce myself. I have been an avid Pentax fan for almost 35 years. Started with an S2 (does any one remember this beauty ;-)) with a screw mount lens. Moved to K1000 and finally to SF1N. Also own bunch of lenses, tripod et al. Though I confess for the last 5 years or so been totally away from my gear. Moved to Pune from the US few years back. I thought of picking up photography once again and was on the look out for a good Pentax DSLR. Was shocked to see a total lack of awareness of Pentax gear in Pune and nowhere to buy Pentax cameras. At least not that I know of. Are there any Pentax users from Pune? Would love to exchange notes and take some tips about buying Pentax in Pune.

Look forward to interacting with you all in the future.

mj

10-25-2009, 06:22 AM   #218
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Hi mj,

Welcome to the forum.
There are few members from pune if you go through the thread.
For purchasing a Pentax DSLR if you can get it from US that would be better.
10-25-2009, 11:06 PM   #219
Veteran Member

@Joshiji

Namaste Joshiji

Here is the link might interest you.
jjmehta's Photography Forum - Pentax K100D -Like new (mint) + 2 pentax lenses
Seller is selling used K100D and is residing in Tamilnadu. 24000+ he is asking with two lenses. I would say its abit higher. However it seems he has not used the camera much. Still used K100D in USA market goes for 300 USD +150 USD for 18-55mm and 50-200mm lenses. He describes camera having dust reduction mechanism, which it doesnt have unless the model is K100D super. If the camera is K100D super, price which is asked is fair.

Atindra
10-26-2009, 11:49 PM   #220

Pentax user from India?

Thanks for the responses. It's good to know that the Pentax users' community in India though small is active.

I will look up users in Pune and try to connect with them. Hopefully that will give me useful tips.

Madhur: Getting the camera from the US is a possible option. My niece will be visiting India in late November. However, I am confused about the model now. Any tips considering that I will be mostly doing outdoor photography (nature, architectural buildings etc.). Very little protraits or studio photography. My budget is about USD 500. The lenses Iinclude Pentax, 50/2 "normal", Vivitar 28 mm, Pentax 35-200 zoom , Vivitar 200 mm. Though none of them are for specifically DSLRs.

Atindra: Thanks for the information. However, I am always wary of buying something without first checking it out physically, unless it is standard accessories like filters, tripod heads, film etc. and that too from a reputed mail order store. Does anybody have experience of buying from through mail in India.

Once again thanks a lot.

mj
10-27-2009, 03:55 AM   #221
Veteran Member

@mmjoshi

Getting Pentax camera from USA is the best option. Inf 500 USD you can get Pentax K-m (K2000) or K10D with standard kit lens. Other lenses you mentioned are not easy to find in stores, you have to rely on used lens sellers like on this site or ebay.

Atindra
10-27-2009, 08:40 AM   #222
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Hi mj,

I would say go for K20D though little expensive but better body.
You can get some better deals on the forum marketplace if you lookout.
10-28-2009, 05:25 AM   #223

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I too recommend K20D
10-29-2009, 11:34 PM   #224

Pentax k20d

Thanks for your suggestion about K20D. I was trying to figure out how to get this from the US. When I checked the B&H site, they have mentioned that this camera has been discontinued. On the official Pentax site the price is way too expensive. I will try to see if I can get this from Dubai.

Any suggestions?

mj
11-04-2009, 07:38 AM   #225
Veteran Member

@mmjoshi

Yes K20D is not in production now but it is still easily available in USA both used and new.

Best place is to get it from USA. From Dubai you may try but I guess it would be more easily available in Singapore, Hongkong (Southeast asian cities.)

Atindra