Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-11-2012, 11:01 PM   #811
Forum Member

Pleasant surprise to find a size-able bunch of Pentaxians in Pune !! I use a K-x with a number of M FA and DA primes and zooms. If time permits, why not get together on the World Pentax Day ?

06-13-2012, 11:30 PM   #812

Hello from Kolkata.

K20D
90mm f2.8 KAF (Tamron) 1:1 macro lens
50mm f1.4 KA lens
16-45 f4.0 DA lens
etc.
06-14-2012, 07:39 AM   #813

QuoteOriginally posted by achn Quote
Hello from Kolkata.

K20D
90mm f2.8 KAF (Tamron) 1:1 macro lens
50mm f1.4 KA lens
16-45 f4.0 DA lens
etc.
Hi achn,
Good to hear a fellow pentaxian in kolkata, though i am not an indian but currently located in kolkata for work..i'm not a pro but a proud K-r user.

Cheers.
06-16-2012, 12:05 AM   #814
Pentaxian

I am from Denmark but currently in India. I just posted elsewhere that my FA77mm seems to need service ASAP. Any advice where that could be done? I am currently in Kerala and going north. Perhaps it could be Cochin or Bangalore? Mumbai or Delhi is getting a bit far.

Where do you go for service?

Full story

Another thing is. If any pentaxian would like to meet up for some shooting it could be fun. My plan is so go Munnar - Bangalore - Hampi - Goa - Mumbai ... and further north.

Edit: Just read some posts back. Everybody is from Pune?! That is the place of the famous 'Sex Guru' isn't ... so what's the connection LOL

06-16-2012, 10:22 AM   #815
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by H. Sapiens Quote
Another thing is. If any pentaxian would like to meet up for some shooting it could be fun. My plan is so go Munnar - Bangalore - Hampi - Goa - Mumbai ... and further north.

If you could add Pune to your itinerary, it indeed could be fun !

Edit: Just read some posts back. Everybody is from Pune?! That is the place of the famous 'Sex Guru' isn't ... so what's the connection LOL
Well, reason good enough to consider Pune and find out the connection yourself
06-16-2012, 10:27 AM   #816
Veteran Member

So many Pentaxians from India...make a photo thread for India.
06-17-2012, 05:31 AM - 1 Like   #817

Photos: Albums
I recently bought a SMC Pentax 55mm F2 off eBay and there appears to be a bit of dust on the inside. Anyone know where I can get the lens disassembled and cleaned in Bangalore?

Update: To answer my own question, I found a contact in one of the previous posts that was highly recommended . Have given my prime and should receive it in two to three days.

Here's the gentleman's details:
Mr. Thomas,
Camera and lens repairs,
2nd Cross, Cambridge Layout,
Ulsoor, Bangalore - 560 008
Contact between 4-6 pm only on Mon-Sat
Ph: 080-25553787

Last edited by adises; 06-18-2012 at 05:15 AM. Reason: Found a solution
06-17-2012, 11:10 PM   #818

@vswamina, @Abhir

We could certainly meet on the World Pentax day this Saturday. I stay on Senapati Bapat road, Since Abhir is also from the same area we could meet at Hotel Raviraj on Bhandarkar road. Less crowded and noisy. vswamina, you will have to travel across the city though ;-(. How about 5:30 PM. Please confirm.
06-18-2012, 07:56 AM   #819
Pentaxian

Hey. Thanks for replies. I have a look around Cochi, where I should be in a few days from now. If no luck, I go to Bangalore.

Pune is not unrealistic ... but I am not really into this guru-stuff. I will drop a note later ... if I don't drown before I get that far - it sure rains a lot where I am now and it is bitterly cold!!
06-18-2012, 10:54 PM   #820
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by slackercruster Quote
So many Pentaxians from India...make a photo thread for India.
Yep...sure seems to be a worthwhile effort with a whole lot of Pentaxians from this part of the world
QuoteOriginally posted by adises Quote
Update: To answer my own question, I found a contact in one of the previous posts that was highly recommended . Have given my prime and should receive it in two to three days.

Here's the gentleman's details:
Mr. Thomas,
Camera and lens repairs,
2nd Cross, Cambridge Layout,
Ulsoor, Bangalore - 560 008
Contact between 4-6 pm only on Mon-Sat
Ph: 080-25553787
Thanks Adises...a valuable piece of info !!
QuoteOriginally posted by mmjoshi Quote
@vswamina, @Abhir

We could certainly meet on the World Pentax day this Saturday. I stay on Senapati Bapat road, Since Abhir is also from the same area we could meet at Hotel Raviraj on Bhandarkar road. Less crowded and noisy. vswamina, you will have to travel across the city though ;-(. How about 5:30 PM. Please confirm.
Saturday evening seems a little distant possibility for me at the moment...could we reschedule it for the early morning slot...We might get the golden hour advantage as well, if the weather permits though !
Pune is not unrealistic ... but I am not really into this guru-stuff. I will drop a note later ... if I don't drown before I get that far - it sure rains a lot where I am now and it is bitterly cold!!
Sure Sapiens, you surely won't be disappointed with a visit to Pune.
06-19-2012, 12:00 AM   #821

@Abhir, @vswamina

Saturday morning is not feasible for me. How about Sunday morning? Looking at the weather golden hour seems unpredictable. However, we could meet for coffee say at 10:30 AM. That should be more convenient for vswamina if he wants to travel from Magarpatta. Alternately, we could meet at 9 AM on Sunday too.
06-20-2012, 01:23 AM   #822
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mmjoshi Quote
@Abhir, @vswamina

Saturday morning is not feasible for me. How about Sunday morning? Looking at the weather golden hour seems unpredictable. However, we could meet for coffee say at 10:30 AM. That should be more convenient for vswamina if he wants to travel from Magarpatta. Alternately, we could meet at 9 AM on Sunday too.
Sunday over coffee seems to be a better option...a little earlier, say 8ish...?
06-20-2012, 03:04 AM   #823

@Abhir

I go for a jog in the morning. By the time I come back and freshen up it will be 9 AM :-( Hope you can make it.
06-25-2012, 09:34 PM   #824

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hello all i just found few Tamron lens with Indian warranty for Pentax mount !!!

http://stores.ebay.in/tkmarketingonline/_i.html?_nkw=pentax&submit=Search&_sid=1094701158
06-28-2012, 10:15 PM   #825
Pentaxian

Sorry, but I would like to bother you fine Indians with one more question on all things Indian. I would like to buy a new 10 stop filter in replacement of one that broke (before I ever got to use it!!). It is a square type filter in 85mm - I already have the holder. I could have it sent from UK but what happens when it reach India - will it be hit with heavy taxes? And it is even likely it ever arrives - is Indian postal system reliable? It is a Hitech/Formatt filter I am looking to buy and it cost around 50 pound, so not exactly super cheap. Or am I better off looking for something in Bangalore. Where do you shop for bits and pieces?

On Pune: It is definitely possible I show up sooner or later. I have some places on my to go-list around Mumbai anyway.