Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-21-2014, 03:59 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
One shot ...one opportunity ....in Atlanta

So despite my weak take on Eminem I will have one free day in Atlanta ,Georgia in early April to get out and about and shoot. I will have a car and am willing to travel a couple of hours if it's worth it. So far I see they have a nice Botanical Gardens and Aquarium in town what else ?

02-21-2014, 06:07 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
So despite my weak take on Eminem I will have one free day in Atlanta ,Georgia in early April to get out and about and shoot. I will have a car and am willing to travel a couple of hours if it's worth it. So far I see they have a nice Botanical Gardens and Aquarium in town what else ?
A few on top of my head
  • Coke museum (nearby)
  • CNN center (nearby)
  • Lake Sydney Lanier (Lake Lanier)
  • Amicalola Falls (Way North of Atlanta)
  • Anna Ruby falls (Way North of Atlanta)
02-21-2014, 06:33 PM   #3
Veteran Member

In Atlanta, a couple hours in a car will take you a quarter-mile.
02-21-2014, 07:22 PM   #4
Veteran Member

If you get hungry in Atlanta, make sure to stop at The Varsity (across the highway from Georgia Tech). It won't do your heart or waistline any good, but the food is good.

02-21-2014, 07:45 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Stone Mountain - the mountain, not so much the Theme Park unless that sort of thing interests you.
03-12-2014, 07:29 AM   #6
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
If you have never been to Atlanta, I would suggest staying to see Atlanta. I have not used this company, but this tour seems to have a lot of the neat places to visit in the downtown area...including The Varsity...
Hop On Hop Off City Bus Tour in Atlanta
03-13-2014, 08:21 AM   #7

Photos: Albums
Atlanta Botanical Garden is awesome and Piedmont Park (right beside the Garden) is pretty great as well, Centennial Olympic Park is close (Coke Museum and the Aquarium are right there). Downtown can actually be pretty decent, and like mentioned before driving outside the city can be really tedious.
Whatever you want to photograph you can find a few hours around Atlanta.

03-13-2014, 10:30 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Kartynas Quote
If you have never been to Atlanta, I would suggest staying to see Atlanta. I have not used this company, but this tour seems to have a lot of the neat places to visit in the downtown area...including The Varsity...
Hop On Hop Off City Bus Tour in Atlanta
+1 on that.

I did not know they had one but I always suggest and do the on off bus tours everywhere I go. They are a great way to get a quick overview most everywhere.
04-06-2014, 04:46 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks everyone - it's between the Bus tour and just drive down to the Atlanta Botanical Garden - leaving tomorrow and will have Thursday to myself - hope for good weather ;-)