Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 54 Likes Search this Thread
02-22-2014, 03:36 PM - 3 Likes   #1
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Monday 2/24 - win a Pentax 50mm lens!

Want to win a 50mm lens on Monday?

The user with the most forum activity* on Monday (midnight to midnight GMT-6 on Feb. 24, 2014) will win the lens. It's that simple! Even though this giveaway is completely separate from the February giveaway which is still live, I will still go by the standings on this page to determine the winner. That page includes the official contest time so you can see when the giveaway will begin in your region.

Our February giveaway has been a big success so far, as I've seen more positive comments/results from it than just about any other giveaway we've had to date. Therefore, feeling extra-generous, I've decided to launch this as a separate 1-day giveaway featuring the Pentax DA 50mm F1.8 lens as a grand prize (brand-new, boxed lens).

Like all our giveaways, this contest is open to users worldwide. Good luck!

*Your activity score = L + P, where L is the number of users who have liked your posts on 2/24, and P is the number of forum posts you made on 2/24 (contest time). L cannot exceed P. P cannot exceed 20 + 5L. Certain forums are excluded (Welcomes and Introductions, For sale, Wanted, Marketplace archives, Ask B&H, Pentax Full-Frame, Monthly Photo Contests, General Talk, Site Suggestions, International Forums). This thread is excluded.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
02-22-2014, 04:05 PM - 2 Likes   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
My masterplan is to buy a 50/1.8 to put up as a price for a giveaway so get loads of activity and likes.
That should get me to the top and win me a 50/1.8!
02-22-2014, 04:07 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Go look at the daily winners. There are repeats. It will be one of them.
02-22-2014, 05:19 PM   #4

Looking forward to the win.

02-22-2014, 06:05 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I don't stand a chance so I will just keep on as always. Good luck to all of you
02-22-2014, 06:34 PM   #6

Me I don't stand a chance against the guys that visit the site way more than me.
02-22-2014, 08:28 PM - 4 Likes   #7
Veteran Member

Everyone who likes this post may or may not win a free CORNDOG!

02-22-2014, 08:40 PM   #8

Bummer. That irritating thing they call a job is standing in my way again. O the fun I could have had.....
02-22-2014, 09:13 PM   #9
MSL
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well maybe it will deter traffic to the site tomorrow, so there is a chance to be top of the leaderboard... such ambitions!
02-22-2014, 09:26 PM - 1 Like   #10
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Is the forum really lacking in posting activity that it needs posting/likes contests like these?
02-22-2014, 09:29 PM - 1 Like   #11
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by 6BQ5 Quote
Is the forum really lacking in posting activity that it needs posting/likes contests like these?
No, we're just trying to be nice to our users Free stuff is always good!

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
02-22-2014, 09:35 PM - 2 Likes   #12
Veteran Member

I would like to see a contest based only on "likes". Anybody can churn out posts, but you really have to earn "likes", usually by being especially helpful and/or funny. It is perhaps the best indication of how much an individual contributes to the community here.

So maybe a nice prize for someone with the most "likes" over a month period. Or honors to the person with the most likes at the end of the year. To me that would be a much more interesting contest.
02-22-2014, 09:41 PM   #13

Wow a 50mm f1.8 giveaway.
This is why Pentax Forums is the best forums online!
02-22-2014, 09:42 PM   #14
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Edgar_in_Indy Quote
I would like to see a contest based only on "likes". Anybody can churn out posts, but you really have to earn "likes", usually by being especially helpful and/or funny. It is perhaps the best indication of how much an individual contributes to the community here.

So maybe a nice prize for someone with the most "likes" over a month period. Or honors to the person with the most likes at the end of the year. To me that would be a much more interesting contest.
This contest is based on likes. Posting a lot without getting likes won't get you anywhere (see the formula in the first post and/or the score calculations on the standings page).

Adam

02-22-2014, 09:44 PM   #15
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by VoiceOfReason Quote
Go look at the daily winners. There are repeats. It will be one of them.
Won't be me! Monday is school.

---------- Post added 02-22-14 at 10:51 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Free stuff is always good!
Yes, it is!
Closed Thread