Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 54 Likes Search this Thread
02-23-2014, 11:33 AM   #61
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Cool. So we are going to be online for 24 hours ;-)

02-23-2014, 11:34 AM   #62

good luck everyone....
02-23-2014, 11:46 AM   #63
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

Would be even better with more emphasis on likes, but this definitely drives up the activity. Not just post padding, either. Will be interesting to see how it holds up when we enter next month

Me, I'm running out of post worthy pictures. How about a contest with a nice safari as the prize?
02-23-2014, 12:10 PM   #64
MSL
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Here's what I'd like to see happen tomorrow. Rather than people worrying about how many posts or likes they receive the focus should be on how many likes and valuable comments you give out. Sure you could pad your numbers by giving them out willy nilly and with comments that don't add much to the original poster or to some side track that has developed in a thread, but everyone will see those likes and posts for what they are. The goal is that at the end of the day, anybody who has posted an image or interesting question or solution to a problem has received some sort of thank you from another user acknowledging their efforts.

02-23-2014, 12:12 PM   #65
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
Me, I'm running out of post worthy pictures.
I'm suspecting that for March the contest will involve photographs.

02-23-2014, 12:14 PM   #66
Veteran Member

Seriously, what about a give-away or prize/contest for those of us who just left Nikon FOREVER because of this forum and the great Pentax products?
Isn't there some way to gear a contest for someone other than the "usual suspects" that every forum has?
God knows I have reaped the benefits of their genius, especially with the lens reviews but it would be nice to feel like a part of this community by having
even half a chance at a lens like the one above.

And yes, I would like a little cheese with my whine~blimey!
02-23-2014, 12:17 PM - 2 Likes   #67
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
I'm suspecting that for March the contest will involve photographs.

Oh, I have lots and lots of bad pictures still...

02-23-2014, 12:25 PM   #68
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Wolfeye Quote
Why even have such a contest? Just give prizes to your top posters. You can't create quality content on demand. There has to be something to write about.
lol, I just wrote three posts about this contest....so it is definitely working!
02-23-2014, 12:33 PM - 1 Like   #69
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by CeciProAm Quote
Seriously, what about a give-away or prize/contest for those of us who just left Nikon FOREVER because of this forum and the great Pentax products?
Isn't there some way to gear a contest for someone other than the "usual suspects" that every forum has?
God knows I have reaped the benefits of their genius, especially with the lens reviews but it would be nice to feel like a part of this community by having
even half a chance at a lens like the one above.

And yes, I would like a little cheese with my whine~blimey!
We've tried a bunch of contests, some with intricate submission requirements and others with a simpler, raffle-style format. Generally, the fact that there's only one winner is really discouraging in giveaways where a big effort is requirement, which is why this month's giveaway is doing so much better. Still, I wish everyone could be a winner, but that's not how it works

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
02-23-2014, 12:41 PM - 2 Likes   #70
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
We've tried a bunch of contests, some with intricate submission requirements and others with a simpler, raffle-style format. Generally, the fact that there's only one winner is really discouraging in giveaways where a big effort is requirement, which is why this month's giveaway is doing so much better. Still, I wish everyone could be a winner, but that's not how it works
Of course we are all winners! We're here because we shoot Pentax, and we have the friendliest and most helpful community here on the forums. How's that not winning?

Keep up the good work!
02-23-2014, 12:51 PM - 1 Like   #71
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by chickentender Quote
Everyone who likes this post may or may not win a free CORNDOG!
New or used?
02-23-2014, 01:07 PM - 2 Likes   #72
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
Of course we are all winners! We're here because we shoot Pentax, and we have the friendliest and most helpful community here on the forums. How's that not winning?

Keep up the good work!
Adam, all kidding and joking around aside (and lord knows that I am one of the biggest sinners here), your efforts are greatly appreciated and I think that we all realize that it must be very challenging and demanding to run an international forum and a "prize contest" within it, no matter how it's done. Nothing can be "perfect" and one does the best possible within the given context and constraints ... Sorry for high-jacking your thread, but it's all in good fun and we have addressed a few pertinent matters here. The key is what savoche said, "Keep up the good work!" Me, I say, "Ditto!"

Enough of my seemingly gratuitous boot shining and let the contest begin ... Again, good luck to one and all, J
02-23-2014, 01:20 PM - 1 Like   #73
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
QuoteOriginally posted by CeciProAm Quote
Here.

Best I could do. Certainly you deserve much more given you have forsaken the Mighty N. If it were within my means there would me something way better than some silly star shamelessly stolen off the interwebs.

But it is all I have to offer.

Take joy in knowing your peers hold you in very high regard for your allegiance to the best cameras available.
02-23-2014, 01:59 PM   #74
Inactive Account

This has been one of those lenses that I have always wanted but have never gotten yet. I'm sure my fellow pentaxians would love me to win this so I would stop having to borrow theirs!
02-23-2014, 02:08 PM   #75
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by MSL Quote
If I win, I'll sell it to you cheap. )
Gotta feed the LBA somehow.
Oh ok, thanks, ok everyone, MSL can win!!
Closed Thread