Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
04-17-2014, 06:27 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
1st time in Cincinnati, last week of May, where to go, what to do?

Hi!

I'll be going on a business trip to Cincinnati, Ohio, the last week of May. I expect a lot of work there, but if there's an opportunity to see the city through a camera perspective, where to go and what to do?

/zantaphia

04-17-2014, 06:58 AM - 1 Like   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
My favorite things in Cincinnati are (1) The Riverfront (both Ohio and Northern Kentucky sides) (2) Museum Center (3) Zoo (a really nice zoo and one of my favorites).
04-17-2014, 10:54 AM - 1 Like   #3
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
My favorite things in Cincinnati are (1) The Riverfront (both Ohio and Northern Kentucky sides) (2) Museum Center (3) Zoo (a really nice zoo and one of my favorites).
My daughter participated in the US National Rowing Championships near Cincinnati for 2 years. They are held at Harsha Lake State Park in early June which is an interesting place with lots of landscape photo possibilities. We stayed in Newport, KY which has the shopping and touristy shops. You can get marvelous photos along the river at the Newport Levee and especially at night with the Purple Bridge and amusement rides along the river. If the Reds have a home game, you can get great views of the stadium from the Levee. It was always one of the most enjoyable places to visit. We rarely had time to take in all that the area offered as the kids would be up at 5 AM and in the case of scullers, they were on the water by 6:30.

Another thing to be aware of. You are still in the eastern time zone but very close to central time and with daylight savings time, it doesn't get dark until very late, like after 10PM. For whatever reason, it's a lot cheaper to stay on the Kentucky side.
05-12-2014, 05:05 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Mt Adams area. Beautiful little clapboard houses and cafes. A bit like San Francisco. Also if you're into flora the Krohn Conservatory nearby is gorgeous.

05-12-2014, 05:18 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thank you all!

I'll arrive Cincinnati May 26th!