Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-01-2008, 05:36 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Northampton Ma. USA meet up May 17th

So I posted a call to anyone in the Western Massachusetts area or beyond that would be interested in a meet up https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/gatherings-events/23245-western-massachus...april-may.html Now that it is a few weeks away I wanted to say we are a go for Saturday May 17th. This will not be specific to Pentax as I have put a call out to other photo forums and have got a few people showing interested. Of course I would be happier if more Pentax folks could make it .

City of Northampton: Home is a great little artsy town. Lots of things to shoot and we should have no problem having fun. I want to say I am not offering any prizes or free give away. Just a fun few hours and a chance to meet the folks we chat with here and maybe learn something new.

The plan is to meet in front of the Calvin Theater at around 9am

The Calvin Theatre and Performing Arts Center
19 King Street
Northampton, MA 01060
(413) 586-8686

From the East or West
* Take the Mass Pike (I-90) to Exit 4 (I-91), following signs towards Holyoke.
* Take I-91 North to Exit 18 (Northampton Center Exit).
* At the end of the ramp, you will take a left onto Pleasant Street (a.k.a. Route 5 North).
* Take Pleasant Street approximately one mile to the stoplight at the intersection with Main Street in the center of town.
* Continue straight through the light. (Here Pleasant Street becomes King Street.) Calvin Theatre is on immediate right at 19 King Street.
From the North
* Take I-91 South to Exit 20 (Northampton/Hadley Exit).
* Follow the ramp onto King Street.
* Take King Street approximately one mile to the light in the center of town at the intersection with Main Street.
* The Calvin Theatre is directly on your left just before the intersection.
From the South
* Take I-91 North to Exit 18 (Northampton Center Exit).
* At the end of the ramp, you will take a left onto Pleasant Street (a.k.a. Route 5 North).
* Take Pleasant Street approximately one mile to the stoplight at the intersection with Main Street in the center of town.
* Continue straight through the light. (Here Pleasant Street becomes King Street.) Calvin Theatre is on the immediate right at 19 King Street.

I am really looking forward to this even if it is just me and my Nikon buddy. If you have any questions post here or send me an email or PM.

Thanks and look forward to seeing you.

05-01-2008, 10:17 PM   #2
Veteran Member

ugg, would so be ther if I was not shooting Preakness.
Ugg
Have fun yall
-b
05-01-2008, 11:29 PM   #3

sounds like fun......... unfortunately I'll be in VA that weekend
05-02-2008, 03:45 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Pat, I am still interested in coming out

Tim

05-02-2008, 05:05 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Brandan - bummer but I am sure you will have much more fun shooting there.

JC - if you change your mind let me know.

Tim - Cool Look forward to seeing you.
05-02-2008, 08:33 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Well its a toss up where i will have more fun honestly. And its different types of fun.
dont forget about my gathering if you can make it https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/gatherings-events/21324-spring-summer-eas...gathering.html
-b
05-04-2008, 08:51 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Photography group gathering. at Streets of Northampton (Saturday, May 17, 2008) - Upcoming I heard this is a good place to track events. I will try it fo our gathering. Brendan really wish I could make the trek. But juts got back from the cruise and now heading to SC to play golf and covert with the boys. So for now it is a no. Sorry

05-15-2008, 06:34 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Just a quick update, We are still on for this photo walk this weekend. Looks like just you TIM from this site. I still have a handfull of folks from other photo forums that will be there. I think maybe 3-6 folks.

If still interested just show up

I will post photos.

I hope to do this again and maybe even make it an evening shoot.
05-15-2008, 06:46 AM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by vievetrick Quote
Just a quick update, We are still on for this photo walk this weekend. Looks like just you TIM from this site. I still have a handfull of folks from other photo forums that will be there. I think maybe 3-6 folks.

If still interested just show up
I'm still planning on being there! looking forward to it

Tim
05-18-2008, 05:35 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
The weather cleared and the gathering went well. Timbo13 and I and 5 other NIKON shooters got together for a walking tour of Northampton. I will post shots in the Post your photos section soon. Thanks for making the drive Tim and hope you had fun. Look forward to doing this again with more folks.