Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-28-2014, 04:09 PM   #1

Connecticut Pentaxians?

Im a Pentax user in Manchester, CT. I was wondering if there are any other Pentax users near me.

05-28-2014, 05:36 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Stratford, CT, here - about an hour away.
05-28-2014, 05:52 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Daniel North II Quote
Im a Pentax user in Manchester, CT. I was wondering if there are any other Pentax users near me.
waterford...used to live in Bolton
05-29-2014, 07:54 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Essex. Used to live in Hebron.

05-29-2014, 12:02 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Seems like we are from some of the same "necks of the woods".

BTW, I find the Pentax Forum really useful. Hopefully you do as well.

Regards,
Michael
05-29-2014, 02:24 PM   #6

Original Poster
Thanx for the reply Michael. I think Pentax Forums is an amazing and extremely helpful site.I have learned a lot and am very grateful.
Resources like the lens database and Pentax news is awesome. I never realized how many lenses are compatible with Pentax especially screw mount ones too.
05-29-2014, 06:10 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Daniel North II Quote
Thanx for the reply Michael. I think Pentax Forums is an amazing and extremely helpful site.I have learned a lot and am very grateful.
Resources like the lens database and Pentax news is awesome. I never realized how many lenses are compatible with Pentax especially screw mount ones too.
I was spending quite a bit of time in the lens database today....found a Takumar 135 mm lens on e-Bay and was able to learn about it on the Forum.

FYI, there is a photo contest (I'm pretty sure) for the land trusts of Lyme, Haddam and some of the other towns in your neighborhood. I'll try to remember to pass the details on when I find them.

What is some of the favorite equipment you have??? I am trying to recover from my lens buying addiction . Take care, Daniel. Maybe we'll bump into each other in SE CT one of these days.

05-30-2014, 11:09 AM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mwilky55 Quote
waterford...used to live in Bolton
I take a lot of my photographs out by you...some of the places we like to go to include Mystic, Stonington, Avery Point, Fort Griswold, Fort Trumbull, Bluff Point and Harkness along with western RI.

If you folks want to have fun, participate in the Monthly Single In...challenge here in the forum. You select one of your lenses and take and post a photo each day. You see and can comment on others' photos as well. Lots of fun and you learn a lot.

Here's a link to the challenge for June...

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/26-mini-challenges-games-photo-stories/26...ne-2014-a.html

And if you're interested, you can see my work this month in Flickr under Single in May album. I'm sure you'll recognize some of the locations.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/pbkelley/sets
05-30-2014, 11:53 AM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Great to see your note. I will check out the links. The one lens concept sounds pretty cool and I'm sure I'd learn a lot.

I will also check out your Flickr collection when I get a chance. I don't have an online presence, but I have boatloads of photos of Harkness and quite a few from Bluff and Avery Points.

My name is Michael, btw, and yours?
05-30-2014, 12:39 PM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm Pam and I'd love to see you participate in the Singles challenge! It's a great learning experience.
05-30-2014, 03:28 PM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nice to "meet" you....I'll look into the Singles challenge. One other place I go often that you might like (if you don't already know it) is St Edmunds Retreat on Enders Island....you get to it through Mason's Island in Mystic.
06-26-2014, 09:11 AM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pbancr Quote
I take a lot of my photographs out by you...some of the places we like to go to include Mystic, Stonington, Avery Point, Fort Griswold, Fort Trumbull, Bluff Point and Harkness along with western RI.

If you folks want to have fun, participate in the Monthly Single In...challenge here in the forum. You select one of your lenses and take and post a photo each day. You see and can comment on others' photos as well. Lots of fun and you learn a lot.

Here's a link to the challenge for June...

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/26-mini-challenges-games-photo-stories/26...ne-2014-a.html

And if you're interested, you can see my work this month in Flickr under Single in May album. I'm sure you'll recognize some of the locations.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/pbkelley/sets
Hi Pam,
Not sure if you remember but we struck up a "conversation" about Connecticut Pentaxians a while ago. A couple of things:
1. I had a chance to look at your work on Flickr...some wonderful images...you do very nice work.
2. I also remembered you saying you like manual lenses. I'll be putting an M135 f/3.5 up for sale shortly. I was fortunate to come across a copy of the F135 and I don't need both. No idea if you have any interest, but thought I'd check with you first. Keep things local, if possible.
Anyway, give me a note if you are interested. Either way, hope all is well.
Michael
09-26-2014, 10:07 PM   #13

Hey Folks,

Jeff here - I'm in Norwalk.

I think a local group here in Connecticut would be great - perhaps a monthly meet-up, photo hike, etc.
One of my favorite spots to shoot is Devil's Den, the Nature Conservancy Preserve in Weston, where I took these:
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II s  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-7  Photo 
09-27-2014, 06:43 AM   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pentax Fans in Connecticut

Hi Jeff,
Thanks for chiming in on this thread. Speaking for myself, I'd be game for some type of monthly hike/shoot or similar gathering, virtual or actual.

We're at opposite ends of the state, but it is a small state and there are things in your neighborhood (Bush-Holley, Sherwood Island, Glass House, Stepping Stones, Mianus Preserve) that are on my list of visits.

So perhaps we can keep the conversation going and see what comes of it.

At the risk of sounding parochial, I'm in a very photogenic part of the state up here in the SE corner, so I'd also be happy to share some spots up this way....

Finally, really like your waterfall shot! Nicely done.
Michael
Attached Images

09-27-2014, 08:17 AM   #15

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your reply (I didn't expect anyone to answer so quickly, but I did set my alerts to email notification).

Yes, I've been to Sherwood Island (also the lighthouse) and the Glass House).

Today I'm off to Greenwich Audubon for their annual Hawk Watch (a great photo op !).

It's on today until 5pm, and also tomorrow, if you want to check it out: 16th Annual "Hawk Watch Festival & Green Bazaar" | Greenwich

Yes, let's keep in touch.

Jeff