Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
The eagle shots are great!

08-05-2015, 05:55 PM   #62
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by JimS_256 Quote
Here are a few shots from a couple of days ago. Light wasn't that good with lots of smoke in the air but having the lake's resident eagles visit our bay was hard to pass up. All of these were taken from the kayak.

Jim..these are amazing! Super cool. We saw some bald eagles the other day when we were out but I didnt have my camera with me. I'm still learning the handling of my kayak, named Eagle Eye, and hesitate to bring a DSLR when out on the river. Lakes yes, River, not yet..lots of boat traffic, current and wakes. Thanks for the compliment on my kayak...I love it..its much more stable than my old sea kayak but still easy to paddle and keep up with my husband in his 17' sea kayak.
08-05-2015, 09:50 PM   #63
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Definitely some nice pictures there. Though I have to ask... which lens were you using for that first image? It has some rather interesting grain going on in the background.
08-06-2015, 10:43 AM   #64
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Auzzie-Phoenix Quote
Definitely some nice pictures there. Though I have to ask... which lens were you using for that first image? It has some rather interesting grain going on in the background.
I think the first one was cropped a little more, other than that they were all taken with the DA*300 + DA 1.4 TC. I would blame the grain on the high ISO and extra cropping.

I wish I'd taken a picture looking across the lake so you could see how poor the visibility was. There was so much smoke in the air that I almost didn't bother going out but the eagles were close enough that I thought I'd be able to get some decent shots.

Here are a few from the next day, with much better visibility.

08-12-2015, 12:31 AM   #65
Veteran Member

Original Poster

Taken 8/11/2015 @ who knows whatever time it was, handheld from kayak.
08-14-2015, 03:32 PM   #66
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Pretty quiet in here lately... I think I hear.... [crickets]...
10-18-2015, 06:21 PM   #67
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Congratulations all, for a stellar first group season for all of us in the northern hemisphere. With the appearance of snow, I would have to say the kayak season is pretty much at a close, and now it's time for the pentaxians in the southern hemisphere and equatorial regions to get their turn. Looking forward to seeing everyone's pics.

10-18-2015, 08:12 PM   #68
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Seein' as how I just bought an Ocean Kayak Caper, I'll sign on to this thread. It'll be a while before I get any photos out of it--it's getting cold here and I really need to wait for warmer weather to figure out and shake down the set-up. There's really not much room for gear so it'll take some thought. I'd have preferred something a bit roomier but, at my age and with my ripped rotator cuff, I just wouldn't be able to car-top anything heavier.
03-16-2017, 08:32 AM   #69

Photos: Gallery
Hello, all. I'm giving this old thread a bump, and hoping to maybe draw out a few more canoe and kayak enthused Pentaxians Here's a link to the photo thread of our recent canoe float, posted in the Paddlin' Pentaxians social group: Canoeing the upper Tangipahoa. Chatawa to Osyka. - Paddlin' Pentaxians - PentaxForums.com