Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 369 Likes Search this Thread
02-26-2015, 03:13 PM - 3 Likes   #61
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Uluru Quote
FF + 31Ltd.
Two themes: Proudly Pentaxian and Photographer's Nirvana.

Which basically means: no one else has an FF like Pentax, nor the lens like 31 Ltd, nor the forum for photographers like Pentax Forums.
I think a design designating FF and 31 Ltd does not reflect the majority of Pentax owners. Just my feeling, but the design should reflect Pentax itself, and of course the Pentax Forums. Just my 2cents worth.

02-26-2015, 03:39 PM - 2 Likes   #62
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by H. Sapiens Quote
Apparently people in the deep south of USA as well as the dark forests of Sweden feels threaten in their masculinity by the effect on light by a prism? I suggest we rub it in further by alluding to "alternative", "proud", "minority" (so forth) as much as possible [some smiley goes here but I am not sure which one to go for]
Ad hominem and uncalled for - who is threatened and who said they were? Thanks for your thoughts.......
02-26-2015, 05:17 PM - 3 Likes   #63

Here's my first go at this.

Last edited by cgchang; 12-31-2015 at 12:17 PM.
02-26-2015, 05:31 PM   #64
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Screen Printing?

I like this design - simple and not too many colors. I don't know if the methods of screen-printing have changed since the last time I ordered anything, but the more colors, the more complex the screening (artwork, registration, etc.) and more expensive. Is this still valid in today's t-shirt printing world? Some of the designs above are works of art, but I don't know if they would print well either - like grey scale printing... Anyway, some nice work here.

02-26-2015, 06:11 PM   #65
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by H. Sapiens Quote
Apparently people in the deep south of USA as well as the dark forests of Sweden feels threaten in their masculinity by the effect on light by a prism? I suggest we rub it in further by alluding to "alternative", "proud", "minority" (so forth) as much as possible [some smiley goes here but I am not sure which one to go for]
Apparently, you're wrong, but we do get offended at stereotypical comments about us.
02-26-2015, 06:12 PM   #66
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by r0ckstarr Quote
Apparently, you're wrong, but we do get offended at stereotypical comments about us.
Texas is in the Deep South? And here I thought it was its own country Venturing to San Antonio in a couple of weeks and looking forward to it.
02-26-2015, 06:24 PM   #67
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
Texas is in the Deep South?
Depends on what part of Texas you're thinking of.

QuoteQuote:
However, there are certain parts of these states, such as East Texas, the Florida Panhandle, the First Coast and other parts of North Florida that retain cultural characteristics of the Deep South.
Deep South - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

02-26-2015, 06:26 PM - 1 Like   #68
Veteran Member

Depends on what part of Texas you're thinking of.

Deep South - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I was kidding but the link was interesting, thanks.
02-26-2015, 07:29 PM   #69
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by csa Quote
I think a design designating FF and 31 Ltd does not reflect the majority of Pentax owners. Just my feeling, but the design should reflect Pentax itself, and of course the Pentax Forums. Just my 2cents worth.
Agree. Gumby is already trademarked and uses a GR anyway.
02-26-2015, 08:02 PM - 1 Like   #70
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by csa Quote
I agree too.. plus I find the statements below each are really immature and, more so, purposefully hostile. I wouldn't willingly wear that.

The pentaprism design is kind of interesting to me, relates to a big part of the Pentax theme of big viewfinders using Pentaprisms.. but I think there needs to include the reflex mirror in the design instead of a beam of light bending at 90 degrees, seemingly, without any aid. The rainbow design looks a little.. not my thing.. too.
02-26-2015, 08:28 PM - 1 Like   #71
Pentaxian

You mean you're not slow and stupid and talk with a "drawl"? They make fun of us MidWestern "hicks" ALL the time......
02-26-2015, 09:06 PM   #72
Veteran Member

I admit, I haven't read the comment posts, (EDIT: OK, now I've read 'em all. :-P) only looked at the pictures, but I love the pentaprism with the prism of colors. Very nice!

Also, I would love to buy a PF shirt, but I will never wear a white t-shirt. :-/ Can we get it a women's fitted style?

Last edited by severalsnakes; 02-26-2015 at 09:12 PM.
02-26-2015, 09:09 PM   #73
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by severalsnakes Quote
Also, I would love to buy a PF shirt, but I will never wear a white t-shirt. :-/ Can we get it a women's fitted style?
Yup to both. We'll most likely have two shirt color options and two or more different shirt types.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
02-26-2015, 11:24 PM   #74
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by konraDarnok Quote
here's my submissions
Really like this design. If you can allow me, I have some suggestions.

Instead of all the colors of the rainbow, use just five, (Pentax = five sides, five color). In this way there will be no social connotation for people who care about this.

You can ad some pale color to some of the lens elements, like what is usually done when they want to show different type of glass.

The lenses a little bigger, 10-15%, for volume balance with the right side of the drawing.
02-27-2015, 01:29 AM - 2 Likes   #75

My First go

Didn't come as well as expected, but here's my first attempt, with a front and back combination

---------- Post added 02-27-15 at 02:50 AM ----------

And just one for the front.. Took the back one and put it on the front..

Last edited by donpjt; 02-27-2015 at 01:36 AM.
Closed Thread