Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 369 Likes Search this Thread
02-24-2015, 01:59 AM - 1 Like   #1
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
2015 Pentax Forums T-Shirt Design Contest

Edit: voting has now started here

The time has come for us to revive the yearly PentaxForums.com T-shirt design contest & sale! We didn't have any official shirts last year, so let's come back with a big splash

2013 PF T-Shirt Designs

In the past, the T-shirts were printed and sold by a very helpful fellow forum member. Unfortunately, there were a few problems with this approach, including significant production overhead and high shipping costs. This year, the forum management will be handling the sale, with the ultimate goal of:
  • Greatly reducing individual shirt prices (without sacrificing quality)
  • No premiums for larger shirt sizes
  • Reduced US & international shipping costs
  • Delivery within weeks, not months
  • More payment options: any major credit card, or paypal
So, let's kick things off with the T-Shirt design contest. We'll have two winners: one front-and-back design, and one front-only design. Both winning designs will be printed. Please make your submissions in this thread. (using the attachment system is preferred; please have larger versions of your design available if you win)

Each winner will each receive two free shirts and a Site Supporter forum account upgrade.

Submission deadline: March 31st. Once we've closed to submissions, we'll have members vote to select the winning design.

I'm very excited to see what you guys will come up with, and I'm sure many other forum members are, too. Attached is a ZIP file containing our current logo, which you're welcome to integrate into the shirt design. Good luck and have fun!

Note that only the central portion of each side of the shirt will be printable. We can't print on the sides, above the neckline, or on the sleeves.

Attached Files
File Type: zip pf_logos.zip (129.0 KB, 1796 views)

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
02-24-2015, 06:09 AM   #2

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
The time has come for us to revive the yearly PentaxForums.com T-shirt design contest & sale! We didn't have any official shirts last year, so let's come back with a big splash

2013 PF T-Shirt Designs

In the past, the T-shirts were printed and sold by a very helpful fellow forum member. Unfortunately, there were a few problems with this approach, including significant production overhead and high shipping costs. This year, the forum management will be handling the sale, with the ultimate goal of:
  • Greatly reducing individual shirt prices (without sacrificing quality)
  • No premiums for larger shirt sizes
  • Reduced US & international shipping costs
  • Delivery within weeks, not months
  • More payment options: any major credit card, or paypal
So, let's kick things off with the T-Shirt design contest. We'll have two winners: one front-and-back design, and one front-only design. Both winning designs will be printed. Please make your submissions in this thread. (using the attachment system is preferred; please have larger versions of your design available if you win)

Each winner will each receive two free shirts and a Site Supporter forum account upgrade.

In 2-3 weeks (depending on the number of submissions), we'll have members vote to select the winning design.

I'm very excited to see what you guys will come up with, and I'm sure many other forum members are, too. Attached is a ZIP file containing our current logo, which you're welcome to integrate into the shirt design. Good luck and have fun!
Very Good Idea. I need new T-shirts for Summertime anyway. - Hope shipment to Europe is fast.
02-24-2015, 07:57 AM   #3

One thing, is the color of the shirts just black or white? Or can we introduce other color options like red and blues? I know black and white shirts are economical compared to color, but some design choices would look better with color.

Just checking.
02-24-2015, 08:18 AM   #4
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

This is exciting, as I wasn't a member when shirts were available! Looking forward to getting one or more!

Thanks management for doing this!

02-24-2015, 08:38 AM - 38 Likes   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
here's my submissions
Attached Images

Last edited by konraDarnok; 03-18-2015 at 08:27 AM.
02-24-2015, 09:31 AM - 5 Likes   #6

Hello everybody, this is my 1st attempt

Do we need to make it and keep it simple or we can go "a bit" further?
Attached Images

Last edited by 4lights; 02-24-2015 at 10:28 AM.
02-24-2015, 01:19 PM - 5 Likes   #7
Veteran Member

My submission.
I would love this as a T-Shirt.....

Attached Images

02-24-2015, 01:23 PM - 8 Likes   #8
StupidDuck

Hi pentax-people - here is my first submission. Maybe there will follow a few.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
 Photo 
02-24-2015, 01:41 PM   #9
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by DarCam Quote
One thing, is the color of the shirts just black or white? Or can we introduce other color options like red and blues? I know black and white shirts are economical compared to color, but some design choices would look better with color.

Just checking.
Any color is fine, including multiple colors. We'll also be able to choose different shirt colors this time around.

Designs that go off to the side, however, won't be printable. We can only place designs on the front and back surface of the shirt, not the sides or the sleeves.

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
02-24-2015, 02:07 PM - 3 Likes   #10
StupidDuck

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Any color is fine, including multiple colors. We'll also be able to choose different shirt colors this time around.

Designs that go off to the side, however, won't be printable. We can only place designs on the front and back surface of the shirt, not the sides or the sleeves.
*sniff* Okay, here is the edited version, which fits completely at the front. If it is not possible to end the red line at the bottom of the shirt, I have a solution.
Attached Images

02-24-2015, 04:06 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by konraDarnok Quote
here's my submissions
I love the second one! (Black letters on rainbow backdrop)

I would proudly wear that.
02-24-2015, 04:09 PM   #12
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by konraDarnok Quote
here's my submissions
These are really decent. My only gripe is that the 'Forums.com' seems like an after thought...kind of like it's a Pentax shirt re-directing you to forums.com for something...
02-24-2015, 04:20 PM   #13
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by StupidDuck Quote
*sniff* Okay, here is the edited version, which fits completely at the front. If it is not possible to end the red line at the bottom of the shirt, I have a solution.
The print area ends a few inches from the bottom of the shirt.

Adam

02-24-2015, 04:58 PM - 6 Likes   #14
Veteran Member

What all the Pentax (D)SLR cameras have in common for 40 years? Pentax K mount, created in 1975.
Bringing us all together to hang out on PF
Attached Images

02-24-2015, 07:22 PM   #15
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by DarCam Quote

Just checking.
Yes, autumn colours are best for me

minimalist design works best

Last edited by beachgardener; 02-24-2015 at 07:24 PM. Reason: and words
Closed Thread