Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-27-2015, 04:47 AM - 2 Likes   #76
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
Ad hominem and uncalled for - who is threatened and who said they were? Thanks for your thoughts.......

Well you did characterize the allusion to the Rainbow Flag as "unfortunate" which can be construed as disparaging. I don't know if that's what you intended or not, but "unfortunate" is not how I would characterize it. The color scheme was inspired by The Dark Side of the Moon EP, but I have absolutely no negative feelings toward the LBGT community or being associated with them in any case.

02-27-2015, 06:59 AM   #77
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Buy t-shirt

Where can I buy some of them ??
02-27-2015, 08:16 AM - 1 Like   #78
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by konraDarnok Quote
Well you did characterize the allusion to the Rainbow Flag as "unfortunate" which can be construed as disparaging. I don't know if that's what you intended or not, but "unfortunate" is not how I would characterize it. The color scheme was inspired by The Dark Side of the Moon EP, but I have absolutely no negative feelings toward the LBGT community or being associated with them in any case.
Unfortunate because its a great image but it comes with heavy connotations. Sorry, but in Atlanta anything rainbow is IMMEDIATELY seen as related to that community.
02-27-2015, 08:55 AM - 2 Likes   #79
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
My only suggestion, if not mentioned yet, is to have them made of microfiber.

02-27-2015, 09:37 AM - 1 Like   #80

Here's an updated version of mine with a fixed mount (it now has the right number of contacts and the screws have been removed). I really like the Dark Side of the Moon inspired shirt and would happily wear one; I honestly don't care what people think of me for doing so, neither do I think it will have much effect in the UK apart from 'That looks a bit like a Pink Floyd album cover doesn't it?'

Some of the other shirt designs are really nice as well, I think this one could be tight.
Attached Images

02-27-2015, 09:39 AM - 1 Like   #81
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If anyone is curious about the designs from the 2013 contest you can see them here https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/14-general-talk/218752-voting-pentax-shir...gn-2013-a.html

Maybe some will inspire a new version.
02-27-2015, 10:01 AM   #82
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by crewl1 Quote
If anyone is curious about the designs from the 2013 contest you can see them here https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/14-general-talk/218752-voting-pentax-shir...gn-2013-a.html

Thanks for the link Larry - I have the winning shirt and its nice but I still would like shirts of #47 & #98

02-27-2015, 10:10 AM   #83
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by crewl1 Quote

Thanks Larry. I had forgotten some the other non-winning entries. J
02-27-2015, 10:34 AM   #84
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
Unfortunate because its a great image but it comes with heavy connotations. Sorry, but in Atlanta anything rainbow is IMMEDIATELY seen as related to that community.
Well, that's not necessarily a negative to all comers, even as such: maybe not so safe to wear down here, I suppose: a good question would be if there'd be much hassle about different colors of printing: if different colors are no big deal, monochrome versions might be in order just generally cause we can be a fussy bunch about these things.

I think the rainbow looks pretty sharp, actually, but I tend to shy away from bright colors, myself. (It doesn't take much to make me feel like a flashing billboard or something. )
02-27-2015, 10:48 AM   #85
Pentaxian

I think shirts are limited to 3 colors.. maybe Adam can clarify?
02-27-2015, 12:25 PM   #86

some of the entries from last time are very good indeed...how many tshirt designs will be printed out ?
02-27-2015, 01:54 PM   #87
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

T shirt desgin with rainbow colors

take a look I thought I'd incorporate the colors of the rainbow.. by wavelength
We all need light...
Attached Images

02-27-2015, 03:14 PM   #88
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Amegalo Quote
take a look I thought I'd incorporate the colors of the rainbow.. by wavelength
We all need light...
I think in 2013 we were limited to two colors.. not sure if colors are still limited.
02-27-2015, 04:28 PM   #89
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Colors

QuoteOriginally posted by Tesla Quote
I think in 2013 we were limited to two colors.. not sure if colors are still limited.
Tesla: thank you. I present a special situation since the colors of the rainbow together make one. Lol
02-27-2015, 05:54 PM   #90
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Tesla Quote

on the first page:

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Any color is fine, including multiple colors.
Closed Thread