Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 369 Likes Search this Thread
03-01-2015, 12:04 AM   #106
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Considering that a FF is finally in the pipeline, how about using one of the most well known slogans for beer?

"Pentax, worth waiting for!"

Unless Carlsberg might sue us....

03-01-2015, 05:55 AM - 2 Likes   #107
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Contribution to the contest is attached below:
Attached Images

03-01-2015, 08:10 AM   #108

I still really like the black pentax on the rainbow spectrum. It shows the basic use of how dslr's Work and it looks like a classy design.
03-01-2015, 08:31 AM   #109
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by cxdoo Quote
I like konraDarnok design, but I still pine for this. If anyone knows how to get it, I'd be grateful if they'd let me know.

On the Pentax Imaging USA Community blog I asked they get them or do something similar. The community manager responded they are looking in to it.

03-01-2015, 08:34 AM   #110
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by cgchang Quote
Second iteration based on some feedback.
I want this even if it doesn't win. Where did you design this? Or do you have the image file? My dad makes shirts so I'll have him make it.
03-01-2015, 08:51 AM - 1 Like   #111
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by new2digital Quote
I still really like the black pentax on the rainbow spectrum. It shows the basic use of how dslr's Work and it looks like a classy design.
I do too; but there was such a flap over the rainbow colors, that I like this one, (1st design with Red Pentax); to keep peace with everyone.
Attached Images

03-01-2015, 08:55 AM - 7 Likes   #112
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Keep the rainbow if it can be printed without an up-charge. I'm an adult. I understand the distinction.

And I don't care what some *&^%$#@ infers when I wear a rainbow.

03-01-2015, 09:09 AM - 1 Like   #113
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by csa Quote
I do too; but there was such a flap over the rainbow colors, that I like this one, (1st design with Red Pentax); to keep peace with everyone.
I think that the prism spectrum colors are quite nice. I really do not see it as a "rainbow" nor with any social connotations implied.

Two suggestion, though.

(1.) Please align the light path existing the Pentaprism with the prism spectrum colors.They are not aligned and to not "flow" from one to the other in my eye.

(2.) A second "creative suggestion" would be to flair outward the prism color spectrum, thus getting rid of those possibly troublesome parallel lines likely to possibly imply a "raindow" type banner.

Maybe something like this (best image I could find quickly)

Take these for what they are worth, as positive suggestions ... please do not attack. Life's too short ...
03-01-2015, 09:13 AM   #114
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Keep the rainbow if it can be printed without an up-charge. I'm an adult. I understand the distinction.

And I don't care what some *&^%$#@ infers when I wear a rainbow.
Agreed. Anyone who doesn't know what the spectrum of visible colors produced by light looks like doesn't get to play with our toys.

---------- Post added 03-01-15 at 10:16 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
I think that the prism spectrum colors are quite nice. I really do not see it as a "rainbow" nor with any social connotations implied.

Two suggestion, though.

(1.) Please align the light path existing the Pentaprism with the prism spectrum colors.They are not aligned and to not "flow" from one to the other in my eye.

(2.) A second "creative suggestion" would be to flair outward the prism color spectrum, thus getting rid of those possibly troublesome parallel lines likely to possibly imply a "raindow" type banner.

Take these for what they are worth, as positive suggestions ... please do not attack. Life's too short ...
I agree with aligning the spectrum with the path that is already insinuated by the "light" bouncing around in the pentaprism in the design, BUT, design is design and I think the spectrum looks better with parallel lines. (Also, looks like somebody forgot "indigo", if we're gonna be sticklers.)
03-01-2015, 09:22 AM - 2 Likes   #115
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

"Originally posted by monochrome Keep the rainbow if it can be printed without an up-charge. I'm an adult. I understand the distinction.

And I don't care what some *&^%$#@ infers when I wear a rainbow."

"Agreed. Anyone who doesn't know what the spectrum of visible colors produced by light looks like doesn't get to play with our toys."

On that note, I would agree going with the rainbow, it is absolutely stunning! I simply did not want to rock the boat; but I do think we should be able to wear whatever we want, without all the innuendos.
03-01-2015, 09:26 AM - 1 Like   #116
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by severalsnakes Quote
... I agree with aligning the spectrum with the path that is already insinuated by the "light" bouncing around in the pentaprism in the design, BUT, design is design and I think the spectrum looks better with parallel lines. (Also, looks like somebody forgot "indigo", if we're gonna be sticklers.)
Yeah, I have a like for the parallel lines, but maybe if the colors were inverted and indigo added. (Like in my "stolen" image)

Inversion removes a direct resemblance to any "rainbow" socio-politico banner, etc. I will take it either way and just trying to help out ...
03-01-2015, 02:53 PM   #117
PJ1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I have a like for the parallel lines, but maybe if the colors were inverted and indigo added.

I agree. It is a great design. I took the "rainbow socio-political" comments as being a bit of humour. A particular group may use it but I do not think the logo suggests any association there. Anyway, you can walk down the toy aisle in any department store and count the rainbows on different products. I doubt anyone will think I have a toy camera either because I wear a very classy Pentax tee-shirt. The colours of the spectrum are used for various purposes and this is one where it is entirely appropriate.

Last edited by PJ1; 03-01-2015 at 02:58 PM. Reason: Clarity
03-01-2015, 02:53 PM - 1 Like   #118
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Two suggestion, though.

I also like the designs with with colors of the rainbow coming out of a prism.
As suggested by Jean Poitiers, it's best to better align the split light with the prism.
I'm not upset or confused by the use of a rainbow (and I'm American.) It's fine. Anyone who gets this confused with anything political should be pointed to an elementary physics text book.
By the way, my neighbor, Roy G. Biv, suggests using the rainbow colors: Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo and Violet.
03-01-2015, 03:27 PM   #119
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Nothing against rainbows, but I would consider buying the black prism shirt with the red Pentax logo. What's the estimate on the price of these?
03-01-2015, 03:48 PM   #120
Pentaxian

incorporate the photo of the year or collage of monthly winner's of the previous year? that being forum specific
I like the prism deal nice spin off of Pink Floyd's most recognized album in the world........other Pink Floyd spin offs.....kaleidoscope featuring various or all model bodies (piper at the gates of dawn).......the mirror like effect from umma gumma featuring again various bodies etc......
Closed Thread