Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 369 Likes Search this Thread
03-30-2015, 02:25 PM   #346
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Joris Quote
Okay, now I did want to see how that would look too ;-)
now we are talkin' nicer colour

03-30-2015, 04:39 PM   #347
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My design

Very simple. All logos in center chest area.
I love simple.
Attached Images

03-30-2015, 04:39 PM - 1 Like   #348
Pentaxian

I actually have to agree with dcshooter, that we have to look at this purely legal, and often what we think is highly logical/right is not the same as legal. Big businesses are indeed not the same as human beings, they and their lawyers are often beyond reasoning, and actually in their right to not be.

Most likely we'll stay under the radar, and even if we get detected, there may be no actions at all. But still, better safe then sorry.

I do wonder, how much of a change to the P shape would be necessary? I'm thinking of altering this one, instead of using a generic other font for it.
Actually, I spoke to someone at Pentax a couple of weeks ago about another group wanting to use their logo (no one from the appropriate department ever responded), but this guy did specifically mention the PF shirts, so Pentax is aware and if they are upset they had not communicated it to this customer service person.
03-31-2015, 06:20 AM   #349

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by csa Quote
I agree, I want a shirt that has the Pentax Forums logo on it!

Adam clarified this: (Post #329)

"Also, I wanted to add that any design not featuring a PentaxForums.com logo or the site name will not be considered this time around, though we might print other designs later on if there is sufficient demand."
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
I see a lot of good designs that say nothing about PentaxForums.....just about Pentax? I thought this was a shirt about PentaxForums? Of course, I thought it was about squirrels too...so what do I know?

Regards!
I put all pentax forum logo on all my design just it on back or little on front because i guess right now t-shirt design love something simple and not to crowd with many picture just need essential in my country today is 31 of march that means almost over time up to submit

03-31-2015, 06:27 AM   #350
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by fs999 Quote
A new one and some variations...

I like these, aside from the logo on the front. Eliminate the front logo and just have it just on the back would suit me fine.
03-31-2015, 06:54 AM   #351

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
The time has come for us to revive the yearly PentaxForums.com T-shirt design contest & sale! We didn't have any official shirts last year, so let's come back with a big splash

2013 PF T-Shirt Designs

In the past, the T-shirts were printed and sold by a very helpful fellow forum member. Unfortunately, there were a few problems with this approach, including significant production overhead and high shipping costs. This year, the forum management will be handling the sale, with the ultimate goal of:
  • Greatly reducing individual shirt prices (without sacrificing quality)
  • No premiums for larger shirt sizes
  • Reduced US & international shipping costs
  • Delivery within weeks, not months
  • More payment options: any major credit card, or paypal
So, let's kick things off with the T-Shirt design contest. We'll have two winners: one front-and-back design, and one front-only design. Both winning designs will be printed. Please make your submissions in this thread. (using the attachment system is preferred; please have larger versions of your design available if you win)

Each winner will each receive two free shirts and a Site Supporter forum account upgrade.

Submission deadline: March 31st. Once we've closed to submissions, we'll have members vote to select the winning design.

I'm very excited to see what you guys will come up with, and I'm sure many other forum members are, too. Attached is a ZIP file containing our current logo, which you're welcome to integrate into the shirt design. Good luck and have fun!
I like white T-shirt.
03-31-2015, 12:26 PM - 2 Likes   #352

So, it's all about communication! Only two colors and it's 100% vector of course.

Attached Images

03-31-2015, 06:37 PM - 1 Like   #353

Hi, everyone -- I often read but never post, but when I was looking through everyone's designs I saw no Ricoh love and I wanted to add a little. (Sorry if I missed someone's work -- maybe it's somewhere in Jorin's P collage?) So, here's my t-shirt. I thought to do something with the GR, which I love, but ended up with little GXR Martians/robots/amoebas instead. Patent drawing with modifications.

There have been so many incredible Pentax/Ricoh/Ricoh-Pentax weirdos over the years -- I mean, for a while Pentax was manufacturing the smallest-ever-SLR Auto-110 and the superjumbo-SLR 6x7 at the same time. The Ricoh GXR with its modules/units and the little GRs are in the same spirit, I think -- not to do things differently or the same as others, but just to do them however you think is right, forgetting about all the rules and received wisdom. Of course, I based the design on the rules in the first post and finished long before I read the new rule about the logo, but here it is anyhow. I wanted to make the name part of the drawing, as if it were all an old photocopy (Pentax-Ricoh = cameras/photocopiers, after all).

So many great designs so far, but my favourite I think is willdmo's "pentax or be eaten in the rain" (#46).

---------- Post added 2015-03-31 at 10:00 PM ----------

(I don't know how to edit. I meant to say that it occurred to me while I was working on this t-shirt/blueprint thing that my first proper camera was a Pentax K1000 -- eventually traded in towards a KX -- and now, many cameras and formats later, my only camera is a Ricoh GR. So full-circle in an odd way, and enjoying photography again as much as back then.)
Attached Images

03-31-2015, 07:59 PM   #354

My entry is a two-sided vector design promoting the PentaxForums.com with some of those distinct Pentax stylings:

Front: Features the PF logo, reworked (5") with some scaling, repositioning and a dynamic perspective.

Back: Features the proclamations of 'Proud to be a Pentax K-ist,' un:Limited, the pentaxforums.com and its slogan of 'We've Got You Covered' against a 10" front view of the Pentax DA 20-40 zoom.

The PENTAX name is in a similar font but the 'K and *ist' are traced branding elements. Although envisioned as 3-colors on black and white tees, the green line can easily be made white to become a more economical 2-color design.

Last edited by ClickMe!; 03-31-2015 at 08:49 PM.
03-31-2015, 08:40 PM   #355
Veteran Member

Altered the P :-)
I totally love this. I'm not much for wearing branded items, but this is nice.
04-01-2015, 09:04 AM   #356
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ClickMe! Quote
My entry is a two-sided vector design promoting the PentaxForums.com with some of those distinct Pentax stylings:

Front: Features the PF logo, reworked (5") with some scaling, repositioning and a dynamic perspective.

Back: Features the proclamations of 'Proud to be a Pentax K-ist,' un:Limited, the pentaxforums.com and its slogan of 'We've Got You Covered' against a 10" front view of the Pentax DA 20-40 zoom.

The PENTAX name is in a similar font but the 'K and *ist' are traced branding elements. Although envisioned as 3-colors on black and white tees, the green line can easily be made white to become a more economical 2-color design.

ClickMe; I like your design!
04-01-2015, 09:09 AM - 1 Like   #357
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

How about a camo t-shirt that says I shoot everything! with two arrows pointing to the back and the back says with a Pentax
04-01-2015, 04:15 PM   #358
Forum Member

Lots of great designs. Whichever ones win I'm buyin' 'em!
04-01-2015, 10:03 PM   #359
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

So where is the voting thread?
04-02-2015, 01:01 AM   #360
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
See:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/16-pentax-news-rumors/292163-2015-pf-t-shirt-voting.html

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
Closed Thread