Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-25-2015, 05:18 PM   #1

Travel to Brazil, where to go?

Hello, I'm planing a mouth trip to Brazil in July to see my wife's family. The family is in Sao Paulo, but we will have plenty of time to go around... So far the only point of interest that we have chosen is Machu Picchu, Peru (on the return back to the states...)
My question to you guys and gals is where else in brazil is worth going to? My bucket list has the following: Iguasu falls, Amazon river, Rio(a little concerned about Rio's hight crime as I don't speak the language), southern part of Brazil beaches- S.C.
So far besides Sao Paulo I have two and a half weeks to fill in the blanks...
Also a recomendations about what gear to take with me ? I have the k-7 and the k-5iis lens wise zenitar 16mm and the kit 18-55/55-300. I would like to purchase another lens but I'm torn between the tam/sigma 17-50 or 2x-7x mm of tamron, sigma or tokina.
I would appreciate any advices or recomendations about places or lenses about the trip.
Thank you all
Nikolov.

03-25-2015, 06:50 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Take me with you and I will be your caddy to carry anything you like.
03-25-2015, 07:58 PM   #3
Pentaxian

There are a whole ton of places in Brazil. You might as well have asked 'what should I eat for dinner'

It all depends on what you like and all that stuff.

I am a beach guy and there is no shortage of that. Inland there is a lot of stuff too. The place is huge. It all depends on what interests you and what your budget is.
03-25-2015, 10:45 PM   #4

Original Poster
I suppose I should've been more detailed, my apologies.
I'm into photographing mostly landscapes and cityscapes... Not much about people, and I'm looking for ideas such as Iguasu falls, the statue of Christ in Rio, and some advices in and around Sao Paulo such as MASP building cathedral do Pe, Petra Grande.
That's all I can come up so far on my own I'm looking around Sao Paulo and Rio for now, as those two cities will be on the list. I would like to stick to the eastern side between RJ and just south of SP.
I have a link to my Flickr account for general idea of what I like to shoot I suppose I should've been more detailed, my apologies.
I'm into photographing mostly landscapes and cityscapes... Not much about people, and I'm looking for ideas such as Iguasu falls, the statue of Christ in Rio, and some advices in and around Sao Paulo such as MASP building cathedral do Pe, Petra Grande.
That's all I can come up so far on my own I'm looking around Sao Paulo and Rio for now, as those two cities will be on the list. I would like to stick to the eastern side between RJ and just south of SP.
I have a link to my Flickr account for general idea of what I like to shoot
https://www.flickr.com/photos/53729693@N03/