Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-08-2015, 01:14 PM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Camera stores in Chicago??

We plan to visit in the next few weeks our children in Naperville,Il, near Chicago. They are thinking of buying a DSLR; can anyone suggest shops in that area which carry a good selection of DSLRs, Pentax, Sony, etc, in addition to Canon and Nikon. I think their best shopping strategy is to handle the various makes; I will of course be on hand to extol the virtues of my Mighty K 5.

I really don't want them hitting Best Buy or other big box stores which usually have uninformed personnel!

08-08-2015, 03:28 PM   #2
Forum Member

For three decades, I've been going to Central Camera on Wabash Ave. They're jam packed with anything and everything you would need. Salespeople are very knowledgeable.
08-08-2015, 03:38 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Mojoni Quote
For three decades, I've been going to Central Camera on Wabash Ave. They're jam packed with anything and everything you would need. Salespeople are very knowledgeable.
Sounds good! Maybe they have some lovely used Pentax or Bronica gear more my "sickness." I presume they carry Pentax DSLRs?? I really don't want the kids falling into the Canikon trap. Gotta exercise some parental responsibility!