Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

View Poll Results: what ever shall we do?
Nature/wildlife/great outdoors 650.00%
Urban environs/cityscapes/street photography 650.00%
Keep it in the studio   00%
Other   00%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-19-2008, 08:55 PM   #1
Veteran Member

New England/north east meetup!

i've been tempted by the VA meet, but it's just too far of a drive, so let's try to get something going here in the north east! let's show them that we can do things, too!

so, as a start, i'm going to have a poll on basic ideas of what we could focus our outing on. any other suggestions will be welcome, and we'll work on things from here!

Nature/wildlife/great outdoors - We have plenty of beautiful state and national parks in the North East, as well as some wonderful wildlife. take a day and focus on these!

Urban environs/cityscapes/street photography - cement surrounds us in large cities, and has many stories to share, as well as provide many opportunities for candid photography.

Keep it in the studio - high fashion photography? posing people for perfect portraits? understanding studio lighting and working in a studio environment.

Other - you tell me what we should do!

06-20-2008, 03:24 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I had a great time shooting with Pat B (from this forum) in Northampton so I'd be interested. I picked "outdoors" on your poll because I couldn't pick more than one thing, I'd be interested in city stuff too.
06-20-2008, 03:51 AM   #3
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Depending on location and dates, you guys are close enough that I might be able to join in. Would Boston or somewhere near there make any sense?
06-20-2008, 04:36 AM   #4
Veteran Member

I would be interested as well. I chose city urban but open to anything really.

06-20-2008, 08:28 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Picked the great outdoors!

Between the beautifull Adirondacks of NYS, Green Mountains of Vermont and Whites in NH (and all the other beautifull stuff to see) it's hard to pick anything but the outdoors!

Pat
06-21-2008, 05:53 AM   #6
Pentaxian

As an Adirondack resident for 30 years I have to vote for outdoors. I can't get enough.
06-21-2008, 07:58 AM   #7
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by OniFactor Quote
i've been tempted by the VA meet, but it's just too far of a drive, so let's try to get something going here in the north east! let's show them that we can do things, too!
Voted outdoors... I'd love to do some work in a studio environment.... been cutting my teeth on a new setup here and would love the benefit of the knowledge. Still, out of doors is where I like to be best of all.

When is this meet going to be?

woof!

06-21-2008, 10:02 AM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by woof Quote
When is this meet going to be?
I dunno, but if it's upper NYS, VT or NH (and I'm not working) there is a pretty good chance I'll be there!

Pat
06-21-2008, 10:16 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
perhaps middle to late august, to give us all time to arrange things. as far as where, that is going to depend on what the biggest choice is, lol. also, if we really want to, if this works out well, we could schedule things for whatever else people like. i will say that the studio one will probably have to cost money, unless we can find something to do
06-21-2008, 10:19 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Too many nature shots already on the forums. My vote went to Urban environs/cityscapes/street photography. Please don't kill me because I'm not from/in New England.
06-21-2008, 11:32 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Well, if it goes towards urban/street photo I hope we'll keep it to small scenic backcountry towns and villages.

Pat
06-21-2008, 12:49 PM   #12
Veteran Member

doesnt fall into the offered catergories but was on the vermont tourism webpage and came across this event in august
Vermont Travel Planner - Item Details

its held in stowe so you can would be able to do architecture, landscapes and take pics of cars. hope it helps
06-21-2008, 01:30 PM   #13
Veteran Member

Interesting... and about as central a location as possible too. About a 3h drive for me from Montreal.

Pat
06-23-2008, 08:02 AM   #14
Pentaxian

The Saratoga area would offer a lot to either the urban/street or the nature photographer. It can get very expensive though, especially during racing season in august. For old car lovers the Adirondack Nationals car show in Lake George the first weekend in sept. is one of the best there is.
06-23-2008, 08:19 AM   #15
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by ve2vfd Quote
Well, if it goes towards urban/street photo I hope we'll keep it to small scenic backcountry towns and villages.
Pat
I agree with Pat. Cities per se do not typify New England. There ** is ** some great shooting in Burlington VT. Church Street and environs have a lot to offer in terms of street photos, There are a lot of really beautiful old Victorian mansions up on the hill, and it's situated on the 6th Great Lake (Champlain) with Red Rocks and/or Colchester Point a stone's throw from Burlington. Without thinking too hard street, architecture, nature are all covered. Might be able to get in a little of everything there... BTW... the sunsets on the lake are ... the rival of... anywhere I've been, and I've been to some pretty magical places. Colchester Point, August 2006:

Just a suggestion. I'll be summering there in July. Frankly it would probably count me out in August so soon on the heels of vacation, but I'd think it would definitely be doable for our neighbors to the north.

If you'd like I'll take and post some shots when I'm up there - sort of scout the opportunity.

woof!

Last edited by woof; 06-23-2008 at 06:54 PM.