Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-19-2016, 08:10 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Eastern Shore Maryland: Pentaxians?

Just seeing if there are any Pentaxians that live/shoot near me.

There are great places to explore on the Eastern Shore, but I'd love to see who else is familiar with the area!
Finding a group to shoot with would be cool as well; if you live in the area of visit from time to time, let me know!

I like to go to Assateague Island, though the rangers get weird about you walking off the trail... I've never been to Blackwater, but it's on my list this year when I can find time.
Otherwise, Berlin is a great little town (where I live) and the outskirts are full of interesting subjects.

I've never met another Pentaxian on the Shore...
Looking forward to the possibility!

02-19-2016, 08:43 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I always loved Oxford and St. Michaels. Great scenery (and great food!). A great place to have a photo workshop, wouldn't you say?

Michael
02-19-2016, 08:51 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MJSfoto1956 Quote
I always loved Oxford and St. Michaels. Great scenery (and great food!). A great place to have a photo workshop, wouldn't you say?

Michael
Photo Workshop on a Saturday evening in St. Michael's followed by a trip to Blackwater early Sunday morning... I think this would be the making for a great weekend!

Only problem, I certainly am not qualified to host said workshop... Any volunteers?!
02-21-2016, 06:14 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well, I spent my summers in Hack's Point on the Bohemia and later my wife and I had a condo in St. Michaels. I spent a lot of time on the water there. Ah, but that was many, many years ago, and you mean now. I'm sorry, I am a Texas Pentaxian now.

02-21-2016, 07:16 PM   #5
Pentaxian

I've stayed in Chestertown.......good luck
04-07-2016, 07:29 AM   #6

Smith Island is a great spot and well worthwhile to visit.
Check out Old Trinity Church in Dorchester County (right on the road to Blackwater)
04-07-2016, 08:51 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by EnglishBob Quote
Smith Island is a great spot and well worthwhile to visit.
Check out Old Trinity Church in Dorchester County (right on the road to Blackwater)
Thanks for the tip!

I've been here 8 years now and still yet to visit Blackwater... I know, shame on me.

I just never have anyone to go with, looks like I'll be making the trip solo this spring before the mosquitoes become unbearable!

04-12-2016, 07:13 PM   #8
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Northern Virginian checking in! New to photography and going to my first photography meet up this weekend, though I'm doubtful I'd see any pentaxians there... I'll let you know if I run across more of us in the area