Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-15-2016, 07:21 PM   #1

Travel in southern Sweden

Any Swedes on the boards here who could recommend some nice places to see within a 2 hour radius of Malmo? Historical sites, gardens and parks would be our preferred places. It would be some time in July. I know that Denmark is right over the bridge...curious if there are any hassles crossing back and forth? Thanks in advance.

05-15-2016, 10:59 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'm not from Sweden, but I have been quite a many times at København, there is actually great place up at helsingborg, 'Hamlet's castle'. Also København is great and Malmö. I was visiting Malmö last autumn and we stayed in town called Lund, oldest town around there. Well there are great places all over, but just couple things that I found interesting. You could make round trip Lund, Helsingör-Helsinginborg ferry and down to Køpenhavn and back to Malmö. That bridge between Sweden and Denmarki is beautiful and you can have a great look of it from top of Rundetårn. There are lots of cool pleases also at Malmö.
05-16-2016, 07:36 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Malmö Eastern cemetary if you're into architecture and landscape. it's near the center. I also recommend malmö konsthall (art Gallery) by well regarded modernist architect Klas Anselm.
05-16-2016, 07:52 AM   #4
amp

Original Poster
Thanks for the suggestions. I'm doing a bit of research now. It looks as if there are quite a few things to do not far from Malmo airport, both in Sweden and Denmark.

06-21-2016, 02:41 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
If you are in the south and considering Denmark as well, may I suggest spending some time around Goteborg? the old district of Haga has great architecture and you should spend some time exploring the archipelago as well and Goteborg is a very quick ferry over to Denmark as well. Just know the weather in the south can change widely from hr to hr and even in summer expect rain as has been the case the past week

---------- Post added 06-21-16 at 02:54 PM ----------

oh also, Goteborg has a nice Botanical Garden and Slottskogen as well, and at the top of the avenue downtown ( main shopping street) is the museum and next door a great place to indulge yer photography geek is the Hasselblad Center with awesome exhibits
07-13-2016, 10:08 PM   #6

Photos: Gallery | Albums
We did a cruise out of Copenhagen (Baltic, including Russia) last year. We spent a few days in Copenhagen after the cruise before coming home.

A nice day trip for us was driving Copenhagen to Helsingor, (See Hamlet's castle), ferry over to Sweden. Drive down to Malmo, bridge over to Copenhagen.

Copenhagen is a lovely city and easy to get to from Malmo.