Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-17-2016, 04:59 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Photo Location Advice Wanted for Northeast US Coastal Trip

In a few weeks I'll be exploring the Northeast coast from southern Massachusetts to Acadia National Park by car. I'm looking for suggestions for photo ops and the driving route. I plan to take a coastal route mostly, but I'm looking for great scenery shots wherever they may be so I'll go inland if there's a good area for photos. I'll have about 6 days for the trip and I expect to spend at least one day at Acadia. I'm generally not very interested in urban settings or architecture, my main focus (pun intended) is natural scenery. I'll have lenses that range from 16 mm to 250 mm and a tripod so I'll have decent capability from a technical perspective. Thanks in advance for advice!

07-17-2016, 06:33 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by dave2k Quote
In a few weeks I'll be exploring the Northeast coast from southern Massachusetts to Acadia National Park by car. I'm looking for suggestions for photo ops and the driving route. I plan to take a coastal route mostly, but I'm looking for great scenery shots wherever they may be so I'll go inland if there's a good area for photos. I'll have about 6 days for the trip and I expect to spend at least one day at Acadia. I'm generally not very interested in urban settings or architecture, my main focus (pun intended) is natural scenery. I'll have lenses that range from 16 mm to 250 mm and a tripod so I'll have decent capability from a technical perspective. Thanks in advance for advice!
If you are starting out in Southern Massachusetts you would really enjoy visiting Sturbridge Village. Here the inhabitants dress and live as the Pilgrims did in the 1620s, etc.,. The village is not on the coast, but it is photographically worthy of your time. You may want to stop in and see Boston Harbor. There resides the actual USS Constitution, (Old Ironsides) and that is worth the visit. You cannot visit Boston without seeing Paul Revere's House. It depends on what route and how much time you want to travel. I would recommend Old Cape Cod. There are many quaint villages along the way, not to mention some wonderful seafood restaurants. Then on the way back, you could visit Plymouth Rock, where the first Pilgrims landed in 1620. There is a restaurant in or near Worcester, Mass., called The White Cliffs. Here is an eatery where they just continue to bring more food to your table until you plead with them to stop. (No additional charge). It is an old converted Smith & Wesson weapons manufacturing facility and still retains a lot of the Old World Charm.

Then heading North you can visit Hampton Beach, New Hampshire which has some very pretty, white, sandy beaches. You can follow this road up to Maine and visit some places such as, Old Orchard Beach, Maine and also York Beach, Maine. Another one along the way is called Ogonquit Beach (not sure of the spelling) and also very pretty coastline and some beautiful mansions. This is where former President George Bush and former First Lady Barbra are now residing. If you do not have reservations for lodging, there are some very nice, clean Bed and Breakfast places you will enjoy staying. Well, that is it for now, if I think of anything else, I wil get back to you. I believe you will have a very enjoyable experience there.

Best of Luck,

Antonio
07-18-2016, 05:20 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Thanks for the advice. It's clear you know the area well.