Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
09-24-2016, 02:31 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
KelbyOne Worldwide Photowalk

This year marks the third time I have attended a photowalk in Vancouver, BC as part of the Scott Kelby's Worldwide Photowalk. There are hundreds of groups all around the world participating in this event on Oct 1, 2016 and it would be awesome to se some Pentaxians representing this year. So far my son and I have been the only ones, other than the odd Canikon who mentioned flirting with Pentax in their film years. The first year, I brought my oldest son, and last year and this year will be a father-son outing with my thirteen-year-old who will again be using his brother's K10. It's always been a great time. In fact, the first year I won a one year subscription to the full KelbyOne site and learned a ton of great stuff.
If you are participating somewhere in the world, let's make this thread a meeting place as well as a photo gallery from the walks we participate in. It'll be like the second coming of the World Pentax Day in the guise of an invasion into the Canikon horde.
I look forward to hearing your stories.
Cheers

09-24-2016, 06:10 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I will be trying it this year.

Downtown Concord : Scott Kelby’s Worldwide Photo Walk 2016
09-24-2016, 06:32 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Thank you for posting because I forgot about this and I just joined a walk. I tried last year but we had a very cold and rainy weather, so I decided not to go. There was a very bad flood in the town near me and the walk leader said he will try use to photos to raise money for recovery efforts.
09-24-2016, 06:58 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

The closest one to me is too far away to be worth the trip

09-24-2016, 06:59 AM   #5

QuoteOriginally posted by keruili Quote
This year marks the third time I have attended a photowalk in Vancouver, BC as part of the Scott Kelby's Worldwide Photowalk. There are hundreds of groups all around the world participating in this event on Oct 1, 2016 and it would be awesome to se some Pentaxians representing this year. So far my son and I have been the only ones, other than the odd Canikon who mentioned flirting with Pentax in their film years. The first year, I brought my oldest son, and last year and this year will be a father-son outing with my thirteen-year-old who will again be using his brother's K10. It's always been a great time. In fact, the first year I won a one year subscription to the full KelbyOne site and learned a ton of great stuff.
If you are participating somewhere in the world, let's make this thread a meeting place as well as a photo gallery from the walks we participate in. It'll be like the second coming of the World Pentax Day in the guise of an invasion into the Canikon horde.
I look forward to hearing your stories.
Cheers
Looking forward to next Saturday, joining 49 others in Lichfield, Staffs, UK. Glyn Dewis a great photographer/retoucher is leading the walk. Its about an hour drive from my home. I'm not expecting anyone else to be shooting Pentax........ but you never know!
09-24-2016, 09:22 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I had to pull out. My wife is hosting an event at the same time and I am needed.
09-25-2016, 06:02 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
@Uncle Vanya - You would have loved it! The group atmosphere makes it so fun, and if you have a shooting partner along it even better. Hope to see your shots up here next year then. I don't this posting stuff that often, but there's gotta be a way we can make a gallery for forum folks who are participating.

---------- Post added 09-25-16 at 06:08 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Rayand Quote
Looking forward to next Saturday, joining 49 others in Lichfield, Staffs, UK. Glyn Dewis a great photographer/retoucher is leading the walk. Its about an hour drive from my home. I'm not expecting anyone else to be shooting Pentax........ but you never know!
It should be awesome to go with a guy like Glyn! If I remember correctly, Scott Kelby actually said he did a walk one year in the UK with Glyn and it was a blast. We'll be looking for your shots as you represent for Pentax there. Have a great walk!

---------- Post added 09-25-16 at 06:11 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
The closest one to me is too far away to be worth the trip
If you live in a large enough centre, you could even lead one. A little late I guess, but I'm thinking of doing it next year. I live in a small community, but there may be people that want to gather here instead of the usual urban centre. Who knows, right?

09-25-2016, 07:08 PM - 1 Like   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

If you live in a large enough centre, you could even lead one. A little late I guess, but I'm thinking of doing it next year. I live in a small community, but there may be people that want to gather here instead of the usual urban centre. Who knows, right?
Syracuse is a mid-sized city, but the closest walk in is Geneva, NY (about 55 miles away). Being time constrained I can't make an 3 hour round trip plus time for the shoot. Plus, there might be some fall color by next weekend. It isn't going to last that long this year in much of the state. I might take a trip into the Adirondacks during the week instead.
09-25-2016, 08:38 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Their 3 in Montreal, I am surprised, but will meet with my friend wood workers in the morning and play golf in the afternoon.
09-25-2016, 09:24 PM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

@Uncle Vanya - You would have loved it! The group atmosphere makes it so fun, and if you have a shooting partner along it even better. Hope to see your shots up here next year then. I don't this posting stuff that often, but there's gotta be a way we can make a gallery for forum folks who are participating.
One option would be Flickr, but I think you mean on the forum? I guess we can ask @adam what he suggests.
09-25-2016, 11:38 PM   #11
Administrator
Site Webmaster

I think this thread would be a good spot to share. We could also set up a social group or even a gallery category if there's enough interest.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
10-03-2016, 05:05 PM - 1 Like   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
I think this thread would be a good spot to share. We could also set up a social group or even a gallery category if there's enough interest.
@adam - Thanks for looking in here. I'm just getting to my photos tonight so perhaps by tomorrow there'll be some from the Vancouver walk up here. As you said, we'll see where it goes from there.
10-04-2016, 05:01 AM - 1 Like   #13
Veteran Member

Ours was cancelled due to thunder and rain and then it slip my mind when it was rescheduled for the next day 😞 Maybe next year
10-04-2016, 05:57 AM   #14
smf
Pentaxian

I enjoyed an excellent walk in Bay City, Michigan. It was organized by the only other Pentaxian -- an excellent photographer -- in the Midland Camera Club.
So far I have posted eight of my images in my Flickr photostream, but more recently I added some bird photography which was not done during the Kelby photo walk.
Best wishes to all, and I would enjoy seeing your images.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/stumfrohm2011/29476022894/in/dateposted/

Last edited by smf; 10-04-2016 at 08:46 AM. Reason: Add link and fix typo