Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
01-17-2017, 09:33 PM   #1

Cityscape photography in the Great Lakes

Hi,

I am going on a family trip to the Great Lakes. I am planning on utilizing this opportunity to capture the lake front view of the cities. This adventurous trip is a 16 day journey through the cities around the Great Lakes. 2017 Great American Waterways Cruise | Blount Small Ship Adventures

I would appreciate some suggestions on the best landmarks in the cities. Any other advice on the photography techniques is also welcome. I will be taking my Canon and Pentax cameras as well.

Thank you

01-18-2017, 05:07 PM - 1 Like   #2
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Looks like a lengthy trip. I've been in and out of that region a dozen times or more, some places more than others. There is plenty of history there, everywhere. Lots of industrial revolution stuff, European exploration, Native American, and then just the natural beauty.

I would suggest using Bing maps, zoom in and get names of places you will be passing through, and then web search them. That should pull up lots of local history and attractions for each place.

Have a nice trip!