Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-31-2018, 06:24 AM   #31
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
now for the rest of the story as Paul Harvey would say:

my flight from MCI to O'Hare on 5/14 was delayed due to weather in Chicago

the United gate attendant refused to look for alternative routing to Bozeman International Air Port without going to O'Hare

and I was told my connecting flight was also grounded in Tennessee and I would arrive in O'Hare with hours to spare

it left O'Hare 40 minutes before I arrived.

long story -- -

I ended up being rerouted from O'Hare to Salt Lake City

while eating at a café near the United gates, I got a text message indicating my checked baggage would arrive 2 hours in Salt Lake, after my connecting flight had left for Bozeman,
see a United gate attendant

( I had my camera back pack, another over the shoulder bag with camera gear and my cpap machine plus a bum leg, I was getting aid moving around the air ports )

I asked café manager to walk down to the United gates and request someone come see me

they refused. I then asked the manager to watch my stuff and I hobbled to the United gates

asked politely to speak to a supervisor

when supervisor wanted to know who was asking for him and why

I said:

" tell him it is a very irate attorney and I want to speak to him now "

he showed up within 5 minutes

told supervisor about text and was told my check baggage wasn't going to Salt Lake but would be late into Bozeman

complained no one would come to me

he said no one had made the request

I didn't believe him but didn't say so

I lost an afternoon and a morning at YNP - had to cancel a night there and move a guided tour - luckily they agreed not to charge me

upon arriving back in Topeka, I, [ surprise ], picked up the phone and started complaining about the gate attendant failing to even try to reroute me

and the stuff that happened in Salt Lake

Yesterday, I received an electronic voucher good for $150.00 on a ticket on United if purchased prior to 5/21/19

______________________________________________________________________________________

had a great time in YNP

travel to and from - not so great

bison stampede

pronghorn testing each other

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3 II  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3 II  Photo 

Last edited by aslyfox; 05-31-2018 at 07:14 AM.