Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 7 Likes Search this Thread
09-26-2018, 03:14 PM   #46
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
I've avoided the 35, partially because I've got too many lenses nearly that focal length. 31, 35 f2, 40... But also as a macro missed focus can be painfully slow when used as a normal lens.
True.
It's my only lens around that focal length... But I particular love the long focus throw for manual focusing.
And I found in good light it's pretty snappy at focusing; though if you miss you will hear it buzz and wurrr around until it finds your subject.

09-26-2018, 09:19 PM   #47
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by UserAccessDenied Quote
True.
It's my only lens around that focal length... But I particular love the long focus throw for manual focusing.
And I found in good light it's pretty snappy at focusing; though if you miss you will hear it buzz and wurrr around until it finds your subject.
That's great to hear, thanks.
09-27-2018, 08:01 AM   #48
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by UserAccessDenied Quote
Am I bringing too much gear?
IMHO you took way too much lens wise... me I always travel light, just primes, usually nowadays "Good Lady” (Pentax-A 20mm F2.8), "Special Lady” (Pentax-A 50mm F1.2), “Sweetheart” (Pentax-A* 85mm F1.4) and “Gorgeous Lady” (Pentax-A* 200mm F2.8 ED) which I find more than enough to lug aboot.

I hope you really enjoyed the Italian leg of your trip, good food/wine, chilling and watching the world go by.

For me Rome and Florence are two of my top World locations, only to be pipped by Venice.
04-28-2019, 09:56 PM   #49

I'd just take the 16-85 and possibly the 35mm if you need a fast lens after dark. On my recent trip to Japan I virtually only used my 18-55 WR on my K3 used my sigma 18-200 once . The larger lens added weight to what I carried. Im off to europe in July and seriously only considering my 18-55 WR and my "nifty 50"