Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-05-2018, 04:35 PM - 1 Like   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Maine Pentax Shooters! This weekend?

Trying to get together with any of the Maine Shooters in Central/Eastern Maine this weekend, say the Fort Knox area, the bridge tower, Bucksport, Fort Point Lighthouse.
Paging @pancakeflipper; , @Sagitta; @Pentax Mainer; , @Kkennally; , @forensicscientist; And if you repost or PM anyone in the area I missed, and I know I missed a bunch.

I was thinking Either Saturday afternoon/evening or Sunday AM and afternoon, Shoot the bridge, go up in the observation tower, wander Bucksport and or the Park and Fort Knox.
Anyone free and willing, post here or PM me.

09-05-2018, 04:46 PM   #2

Sadly I am in southern Maine....but I sure wish you a good time!!
09-05-2018, 05:05 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Hi. I would love to meet up. Depends on my schedule and the exact time and location. Keep us all posted!
09-05-2018, 06:10 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by candgpics Quote
Hi. I would love to meet up. Depends on my schedule and the exact time and location. Keep us all posted!
Any Preferences for Saturday or Sunday? Sunday early looks to be cool and clear. Saturday afternoon is ok with me but the AM is when SWMBO and I hit the Farmer's Market for produce, Dairy and Meat.
State a preference and we can figure where to meet up.
To do the Fort and the Observatory it is 6.00 each with Maine ID, I am checking on Fort Point State Park since there is a lot of wildlife visible from the pier or sandbar (depending on tides and weather.)

Last edited by SSGGeezer; 09-05-2018 at 06:26 PM.
09-05-2018, 06:25 PM - 1 Like   #5
Veteran Member

I am in Augusta. Saturday is easiest, but it all depends on where given work I have. I'd love to meet up with Pentax folk, though.

I was in Portland this weekend and ate at The Lobster Co. on Commercial Street with visiting family. While eating I saw a Pentax shooter. I think it might have been the first Pentax other than mine that I have ever seen. I said hello and expressed my surprise. He seemed a bit reticent. Perhaps he is not a member of this forum! I don't think I was scary.
09-05-2018, 06:28 PM   #6

Photos: Albums
OH NO, I'm not free this weekend, but I'll be shooting - 2 senior portraits. I would love this and I'd drive the 3 hours. I'm not free until November though, unless it's a weekday
09-05-2018, 10:13 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by PancakeFlipper Quote
OH NO, I'm not free this weekend, but I'll be shooting - 2 senior portraits. I would love this and I'd drive the 3 hours. I'm not free until November though, unless it's a weekday
You pick a weekday upcoming and We can do smaller get togethers also. In October I plan on helping build some railbed. See my thread on the WW and F in the post your photos thread.

---------- Post added 09-05-18 at 10:16 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by candgpics Quote
I am in Augusta. Saturday is easiest, but it all depends on where given work I have. I'd love to meet up with Pentax folk, though.

I was in Portland this weekend and ate at The Lobster Co. on Commercial Street with visiting family. While eating I saw a Pentax shooter. I think it might have been the first Pentax other than mine that I have ever seen. I said hello and expressed my surprise. He seemed a bit reticent. Perhaps he is not a member of this forum! I don't think I was scary.
Say 11 or 12 at the upper parking lot overlooking the bridge, hit Fort Knox, then late lunch in Bucksport, if time allows decide on Fort Point Park (optional) and do the observatory nearer to closing about 5;15-5;45. They close at 6. I am open to suggestions, we can borrow lenses if there are differences in equipment and try anything you were considering buying!

09-06-2018, 05:45 AM   #8
Pentaxian

Ohhhh....I'd love to visit the observation area...been wanting to do that for a while now, but sadly, I'm in Texas for a few more days right now, and won't be back to Maine in time to make this.

Great idea though....hopefully the event is a great success, and we can do it again.

Mark
09-06-2018, 08:13 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by forensicscientist Quote
Ohhhh....I'd love to visit the observation area...been wanting to do that for a while now, but sadly, I'm in Texas for a few more days right now, and won't be back to Maine in time to make this.

Great idea though....hopefully the event is a great success, and we can do it again.

Mark
Event may be a strong word for something that appears to be happening on short notice!

Anyone who can make even a part of the meet up, please PM me and I will give my number so you can text us (hopefully us,) and meet up. I am going to be at the upper bridge (Overlook area,) parking lot that is just North of the Stoplight at the Western end. I plan on bringing too many lenses since this is a car trip so I am willing to share if you want to try my Bower 8mm Fisheye or the PLM, or anything I have along that you are curious about.

I am not a party organizer but I think we can have a good afternoon and early evening shooting some images of a very pretty area.
09-06-2018, 04:51 PM - 1 Like   #10

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by SSGGeezer Quote
Event may be a strong word for something that appears to be happening on short notice!

Anyone who can make even a part of the meet up, please PM me and I will give my number so you can text us (hopefully us,) and meet up. I am going to be at the upper bridge (Overlook area,) parking lot that is just North of the Stoplight at the Western end. I plan on bringing too many lenses since this is a car trip so I am willing to share if you want to try my Bower 8mm Fisheye or the PLM, or anything I have along that you are curious about.

I am not a party organizer but I think we can have a good afternoon and early evening shooting some images of a very pretty area.
I could do the Wednesday the 26th or Saturday the 29th. Anytime on either date. I too can bring lenses for others to try out. I have the 15mm laowa macro shift that others might not have.

If anyone can make it, let me know. I can also drive anyone from southern Maine. Meet at the Saco park and ride
09-06-2018, 07:40 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Hi. I think I can make it, but I would only be able to stay for perhaps part of the afternoon. I'm hopeful that I can convince one of our children to come with me. I think it would be fun. I don't remember the last time I was at the suspension bridge. I can bring my K1 and my K3 or k5ii. I also have the new DFA 50 and a bunch of lenses that I'd be happy to share. Not exactly sure how long I can stay, but it would be fun to meet up. My sense is that one of my children may hasten my departure, but it is also possible that I may end up coming alone if I can't convince one of them to come with me!

Noon sounds good. Let me know if this works and we can PM each other and exchange cell phone numbers.
09-07-2018, 12:36 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Saturday 8 September at noon at the overlook parking lot just after turning at the light to the observatory and Fort Knox. PM me if you think you may make it even if later in the afternoon and I will give you phone number so you can meet up.