Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
03-11-2019, 05:41 AM   #1

Photos: Albums
Lisbon, Portugal, where to...?

Dear friends!
I'm up to Lisbon soon. Naturally I've done some research already. However, I would like to hear your suggestions:

- Is there any good stores or flea market to search for vintage lenses?
- A local Pentax dealer in case of sudden need to buy a new battery or anything else?
- Something that is a must to take a tourist photo of?
- Something else to keep in mind?

I'm taking either my K-1ii or K-3 with me. The weight nor the size are not issues. But I need to figure out the lens and the focal length problem. Obviously I should have at least relatively wide lens with me. Any opinions? Thanks in advance!

- Risto

03-11-2019, 06:15 AM - 1 Like   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Supakatti Quote
Dear friends!

I'm up to Lisbon soon. Naturally I've done some research already. However, I would like to hear your suggestions:

- Is there any good stores or flea market to search for vintage lenses?

- A local Pentax dealer in case of sudden need to buy a new battery or anything else?

- Something that is a must to take a tourist photo of?

- Something else to keep in mind?

I'm taking either my K-1ii or K-3 with me. The weight nor the size are not issues. But I need to figure out the lens and the focal length problem. Obviously I should have at least relatively wide lens with me. Any opinions? Thanks in advance!

- Risto
well in ff terms my most used were 21 35 85. but the wide end 21/35 by far the most useful. i also shot some fisheye and defished. disnt see a lot of camera stuff at the market but check fiera de ladra... photpgenic spot even if you find nothing and lx factory a great spot (particularly on sunday)
cant help on camera store end. i never worry about a body going down because i always have a backup. eat at the time out at the main market. at one end (by the self serve beer) the booths all occupied by some of lisbons best chefs. day trip to sintra definitely worth it on the tourist end
make sure you get to all rhe miradouros the views are great.. the 18 tram takes you most places get a pass for the time you are staying. on the 28 be aware as it is target of pickpockets . (def at least once in 2 weeks i saw a pockpocket gang waiting to get on the 28 )

03-12-2019, 05:35 PM - 1 Like   #3
bxf
Veteran Member

I've lived in Lisbon for years (and busy packing now to go elsewhere), and I've never encountered anything worthwhile in any flea market. I wouldn't waste my time in such places if camera gear was what I was hoping to find.

Sadly, you're not likely to find any Pentax dealer. Mediamarkt is a chain that has carried some Pentax gear in past years, but there has never been an abundant choice, and I don't think there is any now. Also, I'm not aware of a Mediamarkt store anywhere a tourist is likely to be. And for what it's worth, Portugal is hardly a place for bargains in such products. You're much more likely to do better by shopping online.

If you have something like a 16-85mm, you'd find it very useful, but that's nothing unique to Lisbon. Not many things come to mind that would require a long tele, but different minds see things differently. Enjoy!