Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-08-2008, 11:04 PM   #1
Inactive Account

San Diego Pentaxians

There's a new group created for San Diego members.

PentaxForums.com - San Diego Pentaxians

Sign up with the group if you want to be informed of events and happenings here in San Diego.

If there's enough people signing up, then some type of get together could be planned.

I spent the summer in Toronto, and in that time span there were (3) meetups. Is Pentax more popular in Toronto than San Diego? I'm curious to find out. I made it to two of these events, and it was a good way to try out different lenses and share info on various Pentax related issues, etc..

10-11-2008, 10:50 PM   #2
Veteran Member

looks like you'll have to come back to toronto to have another meet :P
10-13-2008, 10:49 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by k100d Quote
looks like you'll have to come back to toronto to have another meet :P
Well, if my wife is on another show (they keep getting canceled) then I might be up in Toronto again next Summer!

Looks like more of a Nikon crowd here... I switched from Canon to Pentax shortly before heading to Toronto in Spring, so, anyway, I'm having fun photographing everything I've photographed a billion times before but now with Pentax and the FA Limiteds! Getting some use out of the 55-300 here as well.

FA77 in Surf

DA55-300 at Zoo (standard zebra test, note slight green CA toward hindquarters)

Take care!
10-31-2008, 04:10 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Time to start hunting down Californians and inviting them by PM one by one? For a state with roughly the population of Canada in a much smaller area you'd think it would be easy to find other Pentax shooters willing to get together and hang out.

01-22-2009, 01:47 PM   #5
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
San Diego Gathering

I would like to be a San Diego Pentaxian!

I live in Carlsbad. I'm not sure if this is where I sign up. I tried to click on the link in your original post, but it didn't work for me. Please add me to the list.

Thanks!

Susan
01-29-2009, 12:27 PM   #6
Veteran Member

me too! I want inn!
01-31-2009, 04:10 PM   #7
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Hey! finally some local San Diego interest! I am presently in Toronto until the end of April. I have a zoo membership, so I head out to either the Zoo or Wild Animal Park every month, and even more frequently head to Balboa Park. Actually, the only problem with shooting in San Diego is trying to decide where to shoot, as the options are numerous.

If you wanted to organize a get together before I return, just see who has so far replied to this thread, and make a new post with a suggested outing or for a poll to vote when and where to go. There's also a few other members in the San Diego area who haven't read this thread yet, so clicking on their profiles and sending them PM's is also a good start..

In addition to the usual places to go. It might be fun to plan a street-shoot outing to the gaslamp district downtown, something I may not think of doing by myself with my gear, but in a group, might be a little safer.

Brian

04-04-2009, 08:22 AM   #8
Inactive Account

I signed up but didn't see any activity in the group at all - any actual plans or GTGs yet? I can show up with the mighty K1000 and my fiance would probably tag along too (with her Canon rig - though she is starting to eyeball old Pentax film rigs like me). We are in a rental condo over in the Mira Mesa area while we shop around for a good deal on a house. Usually available on some weekends. Sometimes we like to go out to places in the parks or the desert to shoot pictures (later this morning for example).

Is this going to be a casual thing or an official feeling thing with rules and drama?

If anybody wants to go, we were thinking about taking my old VW (even though I have some of the carpet and the rear seats out right now) and the cameras down to "Breakfast at Balboa" this month (the key is for parking, get there super early - over 300 cars showed up last time). I think it is the 26th this month... (googling...) Yup 26th:

Breakfast at Balboa

It isn't really a car show, it is just a huge meet of about every car you can imagine (Muscle, Euros, Ricers, Vintage, etc...) and it seems to be getting bigger every month. Any of you people interested in meeting down there?

We are also trying to put together a Joshua Tree photo trip with some of our friends to shoot desert pictures and hook the cameras up to our telescope for some deep space type shots.
04-06-2009, 08:11 PM   #9
Inactive Account

Just found out the same day as the "Breakfast at Balboa" car meet this month, there is a Bonsai Exhibit too - great time to get some macro action in after the car shoot!