Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-13-2019, 10:37 AM   #1
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
looking for assistance -WDW Annual Flower & Garden Festival and other info

has any one attended Disney World's Annual Flower and Garden Festival at Epcot held in March

looking for hints and suggestions

especially about whether the opportunity exists for taking photos

last time I was at WDW was in 2014 or 2015

10-13-2019, 11:02 AM   #2
BWG
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I’ve been twice. The DIS Unplugged crew call it the “Flower & Garden & Food & Wine Festival.“ In other words, it’s not much different than the food and wine festival (not that it’s a bad thing, it just doesn’t really feature flowers or gardens). They have flowers, but not really in a way to display them for photography. The butterfly exhibit is fun to photograph, you’ll need something moderately long. Last March I used the 55-300 PLM and it was perfect, but you could get away with 100mm or so and still get close enough to get good shots. I’d most pictures, but I’ve exceeded my quota.
02-12-2020, 09:07 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I know this is an old post, but it's not March yet so I'm guessing you haven't gone yet. There are many topiaries featuring Disney characters throughout Epcot, but mostly in the World Showcase (the back of the park with 11 pavilions featuring different countries around the lake). The topiaries are nicely done and can make excellent subjects, unless they have a PhotoPass photographer set up in front of them. Then you have to fight to get a good shot. There are also several gardens set between World Showcase and Future World (the front of the park with most of the rides). These gardens are set up on the smaller paths between World Showcase and Future World (as opposed to the main bridge connecting the two). The main thing you should know about Epcot right now it that it is undergoing it's largest renovation and construction since the park was opened in 1982, so be prepared for the possibility of closed attractions. Also be prepared for huge crowds, especially if you're going mid to late March, as that's Spring Break season. There's been a steady increase in park attendance in the last decade and an exponential increase since Galaxy's Edge opened last year. I've been to WDW on more than 20 different trips since 2008, most recently in December 2019, and these are the biggest crowds ever. You can still have a great time, though! The great thing about Epcot is that it's so big, plenty of room, and if you watch along the periphery of the wide paths you can find some interesting photo ops.
02-12-2020, 09:48 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Just stumbled upon this video by fellow pentaxian Hazephoto:

And here's a few examples I took:

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 

Last edited by tncowdaddy; 02-12-2020 at 10:03 AM.