Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-07-2018, 01:57 AM   #15466
Pentaxian
Class A's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Wellington, New Zealand
Posts: 9,781
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by GUB Quote
Do you get the same result if you set the same settings as I did?
With one browser, I get the same horizontal line in the magenta/pink area as you do, but not the differently coloured areas in the cyan/blue patch.

With another browser (Firefox), I don't get any artefacts at all.

Interestingly, the two different browsers render the noise differently as well. My first guess would have been different scaling approaches, but with these images, there shouldn't be any scaling involved. Perhaps there is (see below). My next guess would be a difference in colour management. The artefacts in the K-1 samples are very weird, though. I very much doubt they have anything to do with the camera.

If you right-click on the K-1 patches with artefacts and select "View Image" you'll probably see an artefact-free version of the patch. The resulting framing doesn't quite make sense to me, but the patches seem clean then.

11-07-2018, 02:48 AM   #15467
GUB
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
GUB's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Wanganui
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,955
QuoteOriginally posted by Class A Quote
With one browser, I get the same horizontal line in the magenta/pink area as you do, but not the differently coloured areas in the cyan/blue patch.

With another browser (Firefox), I don't get any artefacts at all.

Interestingly, the two different browsers render the noise differently as well. My first guess would have been different scaling approaches, but with these images, there shouldn't be any scaling involved. Perhaps there is (see below). My next guess would be a difference in colour management. The artefacts in the K-1 samples are very weird, though. I very much doubt they have anything to do with the camera.

If you right-click on the K-1 patches with artefacts and select "View Image" you'll probably see an artefact-free version of the patch. The resulting framing doesn't quite make sense to me, but the patches seem clean then.
Good not just me then. Save some screenshots too- could be an interesting archive if someone starts start querying. I can't see how it is a browser or colour space issue coz it doesn't show in the +2EV or less samples.
11-08-2018, 04:44 PM - 1 Like   #15468
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
zkarj's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Wellington
Posts: 668
QuoteOriginally posted by GUB Quote
Good not just me then. Save some screenshots too- could be an interesting archive if someone starts start querying. I can't see how it is a browser or colour space issue coz it doesn't show in the +2EV or less samples.
The browser viewport size might have an influence. I've built sites that have had interesting bugs only at very specific size ranges. Try grabbing the corner of the browser and changing the size while observing the issue.
11-08-2018, 09:52 PM   #15469
GUB
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
GUB's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Wanganui
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,955
QuoteOriginally posted by zkarj Quote
The browser viewport size might have an influence. I've built sites that have had interesting bugs only at very specific size ranges. Try grabbing the corner of the browser and changing the size while observing the issue.
Naa good idea tho. tried chanzing the size of the window and also zoomed in and the artifact stayed there rock solid. I have played around with it a few times now and got it to appear on the d810, d850, k1 and k1mkii but never on the shiny new z7.

11-09-2018, 02:13 AM   #15470
Pentaxian
Class A's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Wellington, New Zealand
Posts: 9,781
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by GUB Quote
I have played around with it a few times now and got it to appear on the d810, d850, k1 and k1mkii but never on the shiny new z7.
The "mirrorless difference"!
11-09-2018, 03:50 AM   #15471
GUB
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
GUB's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Wanganui
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,955
Yeah. And given the way I use my K1 with the LCD viewfinder on LV I should be rushing off to get one. But what an uninspiring result in the Dynamic Range and Iso Invariance. I am sorry Richard but I suspect the Z7 is proof that good video has the potential to compromise still IQ.
6 Days Ago - 3 Likes   #15472
Pentaxian
richandfleur's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Palmerston North, New Zealand
Photos: Albums
Posts: 1,472
6am in Wanganui on Sunday, as pipers played Battle's O'er to mark the 100th anniversary of the First World War ending.
They joined Armistice day commemorations with bagpipes being played at more than 2,000 locations worldwide.

6 Days Ago   #15473
GUB
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
GUB's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Wanganui
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,955
Stunning Richard. The lights are not yellow so I presume you have desaturated it. A really fitting result. The Sargent Gallery and those steps are one of the few bits of vision in this city. Lets hope they don't ruin it in the upgrede.

6 Days Ago   #15474
Pentaxian
richandfleur's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Palmerston North, New Zealand
Photos: Albums
Posts: 1,472
QuoteOriginally posted by GUB Quote
Stunning Richard. The lights are not yellow so I presume you have desaturated it. A really fitting result. The Sargent Gallery and those steps are one of the few bits of vision in this city. Lets hope they don't ruin it in the upgrede.
Got caught up with the hall seismic upgrade work and safety fencing on the forecourt, so couldn’t get exactly square on.

Was a fitting location for the event for sure.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
aperture, bit, bobd, camera, display, ear, flickr, jun, k1, k5, kiwi, lens, lenses, new zealand, nz, pentax, pentaxians, photos, pig, pm, post, results, ross, saturation, sharpness, theatre, time, weeks, whanganui, yesterday
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Kiwi Newbie :) Heidi Welcomes and Introductions 15 01-13-2011 09:04 PM
Another Kiwi has landed zk-cessnaguy Welcomes and Introductions 5 11-22-2010 05:00 AM
Another G'Day from an Oz Kiwi Tonto Welcomes and Introductions 4 04-26-2010 12:44 AM
Hi From yet another Kiwi Scott NZ Welcomes and Introductions 4 06-14-2009 07:24 PM
Kiwi sharp shooter (aspirations...) K-xx-500-user Welcomes and Introductions 11 10-07-2008 09:26 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:27 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top