Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Class A Quote
I'd like to use this opportunity ....!
good numbers there Bro

04-07-2019, 05:11 PM - 1 Like   #15842
Pentaxian

I'd like to use this opportunity (post count) to thank the pentaxforums.com members who welcomed me when I just had acquired a K100D and was about to take the very first steps towards my photographic journey.

Their advice and willingness to share their knowledge have been invaluable to me. They are the reason why I nowadays try to do the same, pass on some of my knowledge so that others can make more informed decisions.

I'd also like to thank the contributors to this "Kiwi Pentaxians" thread. You guys make it an awesome community of which I'm proud to be a member of.

Last but not least, I'd like to thank @Adam for creating pentaxforums.com!
You're welcome!
04-07-2019, 05:47 PM - 1 Like   #15843
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I'd like to use this opportunity (post count) to thank the pentaxforums.com members who welcomed me when I just had acquired a K100D and was about to take the very first steps towards my photographic journey.

Their advice and willingness to share their knowledge have been invaluable to me. They are the reason why I nowadays try to do the same, pass on some of my knowledge so that others can make more informed decisions.

I'd also like to thank the contributors to this "Kiwi Pentaxians" thread. You guys make it an awesome community of which I'm proud to be a member of.

Last but not least, I'd like to thank @Adam for creating pentaxforums.com!
Congrats!

Like you, I seem to have hit 10,000 posts some time last week.

04-08-2019, 06:36 AM   #15844
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
Like you, I seem to have hit 10,000 posts some time last week.
Wow, you've been busy!

And look at those likes...

04-08-2019, 01:23 PM   #15845
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Wow, you've been busy!
It seems that way.

And look at those likes...
Must be for my pithy responses everytime some sap posts "I'm leaving Pentax"
04-08-2019, 02:43 PM - 2 Likes   #15846
GUB
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

It seems that way.

Must be for my pithy responses everytime some sap posts "I'm leaving Pentax"
Yeah you make Class A look a bit of a "Nigelnomates"
One like per 2.5 posts - maybe we just label you a "populist"!
04-08-2019, 04:31 PM   #15847
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by GUB Quote
maybe we just label you a "populist"!
I've been called worse!

04-09-2019, 03:29 AM - 2 Likes   #15848
Pentaxian

Original Poster
One like per 2.5 posts - maybe we just label you a "populist"!
Let's add "spammer" while we're at it.
04-09-2019, 03:30 AM - 1 Like   #15849
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Yeah you make Class A look a bit of a "Nigelnomates"
Accurate!
04-09-2019, 03:38 AM - 1 Like   #15850
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Let's add "spammer" while we're at it.
Hey!
04-09-2019, 02:27 PM   #15851
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Dumb question time. If I am carrying my camera frequently between hot, humid and air-conditioned, am I going to have condensation problems? My logic says if the camera is cool from an air-conditioned space and then I go outside, the moisture may then condense on it. Do the travellers here have any tips, experience? Location is Singapore — 32º and 90% outside.
04-09-2019, 02:54 PM   #15852
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by zkarj Quote
Dumb question time. If I am carrying my camera frequently between hot, humid and air-conditioned, am I going to have condensation problems? My logic says if the camera is cool from an air-conditioned space and then I go outside, the moisture may then condense on it. Do the travellers here have any tips, experience? Location is Singapore — 32º and 90% outside.
Not a dumb question at all, happened to me and I felt dumb!

Yes, put simply you will have this issue.

Advise is:

a) get the camera outside as early as possible before you need it, to give it time to acclimatise.

b) check if the bathroom of you accommodation is air conned. If it's not then keep your gear in there so it stays closer to the outside environment than in the main accommodation areas.

Basically depends on how soon you need it once you step outside. It took me about 30 + mins to come right when I did my early morning Vietnam photo tour for example.
04-09-2019, 03:09 PM   #15853
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by richandfleur Quote
Not a dumb question at all, happened to me and I felt dumb!

Yes, put simply you will have this issue.

Advise is:

a) get the camera outside as early as possible before you need it, to give it time to acclimatise.

b) check if the bathroom of you accommodation is air conned. If it's not then keep your gear in there so it stays closer to the outside environment than in the main accommodation areas.

Basically depends on how soon you need it once you step outside. It took me about 30 + mins to come right when I did my early morning Vietnam photo tour for example.
Can concur. Condensation will form on every cool surface of the camera, so it's not unusual to see condensation on the lens surfaces and to a lesser extent on the magnesium alloy body. Not sure what can be done to counter this, other than keeping the camera in the camera bag where, hopefully, it won't cool to 18 degrees, or whatever the room temperature is.
04-09-2019, 04:27 PM   #15854
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Not sure what can be done to counter this, ...
One needs to let the camera assume the same (warmer) temperature as the humid air before exposing it to the humid air. For instance, putting the camera into an airtight bag, and letting it acclimatise (i.e., reach the same temperature) before removing it from the bag will prevent condensation.

Some camera bags may sufficiently prevent moisture exchange to support the same idea. In that case, one could leave the camera in the bag for a while outside, until it had a chance to warm up.

BTW, taking a camera that has been exposed to warm humid air into a cold room can also cause condensation. Again, the recommendation is to at least leave the camera in the bag for a while so that it can assume room temperature in a gradual manner.

Last edited by Class A; 04-09-2019 at 04:58 PM.
04-09-2019, 06:54 PM   #15855
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks guys. Class A, I did wonder about the camera bag in the equation. I'm thinking if I don't expect to use the camera inside, then bagging it before I go in is probably the wise move, and I suppose the reverse. In fact... bag it before any transition to give it that acclimatisation buffer. Rich, I will use that 30 minute mark as a rough guide — mostly to temper my expectations.

With a sealed body (KP) and WR lens, will the condensation occur on inner elements? I know it is to prevent liquid water and dust ingress, but will it be "air tight" or sufficiently so? I suppose as soon as I need to change lens I'm letting it in anyway, but I suspect the 18-135WR will be on the camera most of the time.
« GR x GIN Social | - »