Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3680 Likes Search this Thread
03-31-2020, 08:41 PM   #16726
Kiwi Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
Speaking of Japan. My K-1ii is still there! And who knows how much longer with limited flights and so forth.
Might be a while yet

04-01-2020, 05:35 PM   #16727
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by NZ_Ross Quote
Might be a while yet
I know. It's like a bad April Fools joke. It's fixed, but now they can't send it due to Covid-19.
04-12-2020, 01:52 AM   #16728
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
That's odd... I've plenty of parcels arriving from overseas....(electronics) put them all in date labelled bags and quarantine them for 14 days....

Seems only local courier pickups are limited to essentials but anything that makes it into the system from elsewhere is delivered...
04-12-2020, 02:32 AM   #16729
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by bobD Quote
Seems only local courier pickups are limited to essentials but anything that makes it into the system from elsewhere is delivered...

I had a delivery last week of 2 jars of Jenny's Kitchen Tamarind Chutney, extra hot. They are classed as essential.

All good.

04-12-2020, 02:58 AM   #16730
GUB
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

put them all in date labelled bags and quarantine them for 14 days....
Whaaaaat!! Not like they are going to get the disease! It is like leaving your chrissy presents till your birthday!
04-12-2020, 05:42 AM   #16731
GUB
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Hey Bob you have helped me with command line stuff in Linux in the past. How do I get this to run easily. It is command line focus stacking using enfuse. I need to cut/paste the file names onto the command but the "dir" function doesn't bring them up in alphabetical order and if I paste them like that the command doesn't complete the run. My current hack solution is to rename them like I have (short) and stretch the terminal right across the screen so I end up with a single line. That cut/pastes and runs fine.
Is there a view way for them to come up in the terminal in text order?
Attached Images

04-12-2020, 02:21 PM - 1 Like   #16732
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by GUB Quote
Is there a view way for them to come up in the terminal in text order?
The usual way of passing a list of all similar files is with a wildcard. What happens if you specify *.tif as the filename?

04-12-2020, 03:07 PM   #16733
GUB
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Thanks zkarj that nailed it. I knew there had to be a simple way !
I found that one on google a while back but it didn't seem to work.
Is the * above the 8 the same as the * on the digit pad?
I am not smarted up enough with the terminal and find the online advice often confusing. For instance the video showing this stacking procedure cut/pastes them to a text file then pastes the full command.
p { margin-bottom: 0.25cm; line-height: 115% } a:link { so-language: zxx }
Attached Images

04-12-2020, 04:14 PM   #16734
Pentaxian

Hi chaps.
I just downloaded RT yet again and a 90 day trial of something called Affinity which has local adjustment and looks rather good and under $50 full price for goodness sake
04-12-2020, 04:21 PM   #16735
GUB
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Transit Quote
Hi chaps.
I just downloaded RT yet again and a 90 day trial of something called Affinity which has local adjustment and looks rather good and under $50 full price for goodness sake
Good luck with them - it is just a case of finding a programme that you click with.
04-12-2020, 05:20 PM   #16736
Kiwi Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

I have Affinity, but haven't used it that much. It is a Photoshop alternative, and takes a bit of learning. Seems to be able to do everything needed.

Part of my actions to not be paying Adobe a monthly rental for the foreseeable future
04-12-2020, 07:16 PM   #16737
Pentaxian

Good luck with them - it is just a case of finding a programme that you click with.
Thanks Mate I'm still really happy with little old faststone but sadly the raw processing is still broken for Pentax

---------- Post added 13th Apr 2020 at 02:18 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by NZ_Ross Quote
I have Affinity, but haven't used it that much. It is a Photoshop alternative, and takes a bit of learning. Seems to be able to do everything needed.

Part of my actions to not be paying Adobe a monthly rental for the foreseeable future
I seem to have some Scottish genetic thing about not wanting to pay for anything :-)
04-12-2020, 08:22 PM - 3 Likes   #16738
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Is the * above the 8 the same as the * on the digit pad?
Shouldn't matter which. If it looks like a * it's a *.

QuoteOriginally posted by Transit Quote
Affinity is most definitely a Photoshop competitor. Sure it doesn't have everything PS has, but it has most of what most people need and it is fast. It has two sister products which are equally good. Affinity Designer is an Illustrator competitor, not much cop for photographers but excellent at what it does which is vector graphics. Affinity Publisher is a very decent competitor to InDesign. If you want to lay out any document it is a real joy to use. But... where this suite shines is when they're all used together. All three of these applications share the same file format. All three apps, on three different platforms — macOS, Windows, iPadOS — the same file format. You can build something in Designer and open it in Photo, for example. But that's not the best bit. If you're using Publisher, and have Photo and Designer installed, you can instantly switch between the toolsets of each application with a single click. They call it StudioLink and it's incredible.

Photo versus Photoshop, Designer versus Illustrator, and Publisher versus InDesign — they all stack up well. But together, they put Adobe to shame. If I sound like a cheerleader, it's because I am a huge fan of the Affinity software and own all three. It's bloody good software for a very fair price. Adobe are getting a lot of press for slowly bringing true Photoshop to the iPad this year, but Affinity Photo has been there for ages with full parity to the desktop version. Designer too, and Publisher for iPad is coming.
04-12-2020, 11:59 PM   #16739
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteQuote:
Shouldn't matter which. If it looks like a * it's a *.
Quack

---------- Post added 13th Apr 2020 at 07:16 PM ----------

sorry baz....don't have an answer for you but....
The terminal sort you show is alphabetical...only in columns...
If you stretch the terminal to make your line fit ..it's still the same line...or squash the xterm window to show one column only or pull it down then it will show the line in single column form, again contiguous alpahbetical.

Not sure why the stack does not complete ...should be the same line diced either way...perhaps there is a enfuse/hugin setting that configures this ??
The sorting seems to be the xterm default formatting...

You might want to look at ...
xterm(1): terminal emulator for X - Linux man page
Viewing Linux output in columns | Network World
awk - Rows to column conversion of file - Unix & Linux Stack Exchange

QuoteQuote:
For instance the video showing this stacking procedure cut/pastes them to a text file then pastes the full command
That seems useful..

Last edited by bobD; 04-13-2020 at 01:07 AM.
04-13-2020, 02:19 AM   #16740
GUB
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

If you stretch the terminal to make your line fit ..it's still the same line...or squash the xterm window to show one column only or pull it down then it will show the line in single column form, again contiguous alpahbetical.
Yeah that was my hack and why I renamed files with a short name. But it looks like zkarj has solved it for me.
« GR x GIN Social | - »