Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3680 Likes Search this Thread
10-03-2021, 01:47 PM   #18196
GUB
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by NZ_Ross Quote
Our one is connected to the internet. I would have to check with my staff member who set it all up, and he is on leave this week. We have our panel set to 1080p and it is fine for everything we are doing, but that is more presentations and video conferencing, rather than specifically viewing photos
I can check this at home - I have several old copper line wireless modems sitting around. The toughest thing is to nick the missuses smart phone to communicate the setup - my neat little el cheapo flip phone doesn't do the app thing.

EDIT naaaa just tried and the chromecast wouldn't log on. Next thing will be to connect the router to a valid connection and try again. Can't do that here - I am on 4G brodband.

Last edited by GUB; 10-03-2021 at 05:11 PM.
10-03-2021, 09:59 PM   #18197
Kiwi Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by GUB Quote
EDIT naaaa just tried and the chromecast wouldn't log on. Next thing will be to connect the router to a valid connection and try again. Can't do that here - I am on 4G brodband.
Just thinking about the chromecast, we brought the 4K one to future proof, and give us 4K if we needed it, but basically at the moment we use it on 1080p.
10-03-2021, 10:49 PM   #18198
GUB
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Just thinking about the chromecast, we brought the 4K one to future proof, and give us 4K if we needed it, but basically at the moment we use it on 1080p.
Had a friend with a standard connection test her chromecast and it cut off as soon as the internet was disconnected from the router. So it doesn't appear to be an option for a hall setting - apparently a work around is to utilise a hotspot phone. A step too far. Damn.
10-03-2021, 11:57 PM   #18199
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

An Apple-only option, but the Apple TV box can do peer-to-peer wifi with other Apple devices. It's a common conference room solution.

10-04-2021, 04:14 PM   #18200
Pentaxian

Android phones, well Samsung at least, can cast directly to a Samsung TV can't they?

On a different note - these look like some cheap Pentax cameras - OffTheBack.co.nz - NZ's daily deals at mates rates! Kids Digital Video Shockproof Camera
10-04-2021, 05:53 PM   #18201
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Arpe Quote
Android phones, well Samsung at least, can cast directly to a Samsung TV can't they?

On a different note - these look like some cheap Pentax cameras - OffTheBack.co.nz - NZ's daily deals at mates rates! Kids Digital Video Shockproof Camera
How *ist D series do they look
10-05-2021, 11:58 PM - 1 Like   #18202
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Kiwi645hauler Quote
How *ist D series do they look
Nah, can't be *ist D series... it does video.

10-07-2021, 11:55 AM   #18203
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

DxO PureRaw now supports the K3 iii in version 1.5.

I'm expecting PhotoLab 5 to appear soon (likely this month on past evidence) with support also (they share the optic modules).
10-07-2021, 03:34 PM   #18204
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by zkarj Quote
Nah, can't be *ist D series... it does video.
haha true.. still..
10-09-2021, 02:22 PM   #18205
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm having the weirdest problem with my KP. Yesterday I was shooting in the back garden and noticed my battery was almost depleted. I went to my camera bag and grabbed, blindly, one of my three other batteries and put it in. The camera would not turn on. Odd, I thought. All my spares should be fully charged. So I tried another one. Same problem. And the third and final one. Same problem! I put the original, depleted battery in and it started up fine. I tried all three other batteries again and none of them would let the camera start!! I put the depleted battery in again and it started fine.

At this point it seemed logical to conclude I have 3 dead batteries, which I could not fathom. So I put one of them on the charger and went off and did something else. I came back not too much later to see the light off — it was fully charged already. Hmmm. I inserted the battery into the camera and it would not turn on!

At this point I lose the plot on the exact sequence of events, but over many trials, a lot of the time the camera simply won't turn on. Two of the batteries are genuine Pentax and two are third party. Whether a battery was first or third party seemed to have no bearing. When I finally got the just-topped-up battery to work, I put the depleted one on the charger overnight.

This morning I went through all four batteries again and found the same problem. Much of the time the camera won't turn on. But, as of 5 minutes ago, I have managed to insert all four batteries and have the camera turn on with each.

What the heck is going on?? Note that yesterday when I had the known depleted battery (a third party one), the camera would always start with that battery installed. The others would either work or not depending on... I don't know... the number of star neutrinos making it to the camera.
10-09-2021, 03:14 PM   #18206
Kiwi Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

What the heck is going on??
Maybe battery contacts in the camera need a clean?
10-09-2021, 03:55 PM   #18207
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Maybe battery contacts in the camera need a clean?
That did cross my mind, but the shutter count is only at 7,152 which is something like a dozen battery changes, so I would have thought wear and soiling to be unlikely? I did get it second hand, but I'm responsible for over 90% of those shots and the only moist conditions it has been in were in Singapore over 2 years ago.

The bit I find most perplexing is that the depleted third party battery was 100% reliable even when the other three were not.
10-09-2021, 05:28 PM   #18208
Kiwi Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Kiwi645hauler Quote
haha true.. still..
Hayden, on a slightly different topic - where would you recommend getting film processed and scanned these days.

I haven't picked my film camera's up for a while, so planning to make some use of them over the next month and shoot some rolls of film
10-09-2021, 05:47 PM - 1 Like   #18209
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
That did cross my mind, but the shutter count is only at 7,152 which is something like a dozen battery changes, so I would have thought wear and soiling to be unlikely? I did get it second hand, but I'm responsible for over 90% of those shots and the only moist conditions it has been in were in Singapore over 2 years ago.

The bit I find most perplexing is that the depleted third party battery was 100% reliable even when the other three were not.
zkarj,

I was wondering if the batteries were too full of juice. And if they were run down just a bit then the KP would accept them. I seem to recall something happening many years ago with people's K-5s, I think.

Just an idea.

Regards

Chris
10-09-2021, 06:45 PM   #18210
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by GUB Quote
Had a friend with a standard connection test her chromecast and it cut off as soon as the internet was disconnected from the router. So it doesn't appear to be an option for a hall setting - apparently a work around is to utilise a hotspot phone. A step too far. Damn.
I have not done this (but use VLC to connect iphones to my linux gear via web browser on a direct VLC server connection). Have you considered using VLC multicast? This looks promising.
« GR x GIN Social | - »