Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3679 Likes Search this Thread
12-29-2022, 01:20 AM   #19321
Kiwi Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by zkarj Quote
I'd missed putting my watermark on two of the images, so re-did all of them with full ©.
I see that, nice and discrete too so doesn't detract from the image.

With regard to ISO, I have the upper limit at 25,600 on the K-3 III but I generally try to keep it to 6,400 or lower as the images still get a lot more noise higher ISO than that. But I think the K-3 III sensor should have a bit more ISO headroom than the KP

12-29-2022, 01:51 PM   #19322
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by NZ_Ross Quote
nice and discrete too so doesn't detract from the image.
Because I can't leave well enough alone, I've re-done them again.

I've always made my watermarks subtle, and it's one of the "extra" features of PhotoLab that I really like — you can set your watermarks, per image, in the editor. I simply use a preset and then tweak the opacity (default 50%) to suit the image and occasionally move it to a different corner if required. One reason for my latest change is to move to a single mark which is a bit easier to handle, and it's an image so I built in the padding. PhotoLab has an annoying feature where moving the mark to a different corner zeroes out the padding values.
12-29-2022, 02:00 PM   #19323
GUB
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Because I can't leave well enough alone, I've re-done them again.

I've always made my watermarks subtle, and it's one of the "extra" features of PhotoLab that I really like — you can set your watermarks, per image, in the editor. I simply use a preset and then tweak the opacity (default 50%) to suit the image and occasionally move it to a different corner if required. One reason for my latest change is to move to a single mark which is a bit easier to handle, and it's an image so I built in the padding. PhotoLab has an annoying feature where moving the mark to a different corner zeroes out the padding values.
I have always felt that it is the lens and camera that deserves the credit! Word function in Gimp does it effortlessly.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
12-30-2022, 02:41 PM - 1 Like   #19324
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by GUB Quote
I have always felt that it is the lens and camera that deserves the credit!
In a forum like this, perhaps, but the world at large mostly don't care beyond "that looks nice". The EXIF is there in Flickr for anyone who does care.

Also... KP HD PENTAX-DA 55-300mm F4.5-6.3 ED PLM WR RE @ f8 is a bit of a mess, frankly.

01-01-2023, 02:28 AM - 3 Likes   #19325
GUB
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Happy new years day from Arthur's pass. Courtesy of the FA400mm on the K-1 cropped a lot
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
01-01-2023, 07:31 AM   #19326
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Happy New Year, folks. May it be a good one for all. Cheers!
01-01-2023, 05:52 PM   #19327
Kiwi Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Clarkey Quote
Happy New Year, folks. May it be a good one for all. Cheers!
Thank you Clarkey. May I also echo those sentiments

01-03-2023, 12:28 AM - 3 Likes   #19328
Kiwi Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

One of the advantages of living in Timaru is it is only 2.5 hours to Aoraki/Mt Cook which makes it a day trip from home.

It was a stunning day in the Mackenzie and up at Aoraki/Mt Cook. The 55-300PLM at f11 doesn't disappoint.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3 Mark III  Photo 
01-03-2023, 12:53 AM - 2 Likes   #19329
Pentaxian

Here's my contribution from New Year's Day.
Also in Canterbury, up near Ashley Gorge, but instead of using a long lens, I've gone for the other extreme. DA 12-24 at f/7.1 here, exported straight out of Lightroom with no adjustments.
01-03-2023, 11:57 AM   #19330
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The 55-300PLM at f11 doesn't disappoint.
And you even have the copyright year correct.

I'm about to head into Zealandia for my first visit of the year. I just hope the cloud clears or there will be NO light under the trees. But I know my copyright (and file naming) is correct! (I amended my 1st Jan reminder to say "Update KP filename and copyright".)
01-03-2023, 12:44 PM   #19331
Kiwi Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

And you even have the copyright year correct.
Having spotted yours, I thought I had better check mine and update it. Otherwise it wouldn't be correct for sure

I really enjoy Zealandia, my son who lives in Wellington has a season pass, so when I am in Wellington with a bit of time to spare we go there - perhaps once or twice a year. One of the advantages of living in Wellington is you have Zealandia to visit any time you want.
01-03-2023, 05:26 PM - 4 Likes   #19332
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

One of the advantages of living in Wellington is you have Zealandia to visit any time you want.
I'm also a member. I managed 9 visits last year. This year I want to fit in more. It's ridiculously good value at a little over 2.5 regular entries. I took my wife along today (making her entry half price) and we did one of the longer and less used tracks. It's great exercise as well. In fact, I purchased the membership last year as a replacement for my gym which closed down in 2021 (only 8 months after I joined!)

I notched up my first 13 frames of the year and number 0001 was a keeper...

01-03-2023, 05:29 PM - 2 Likes   #19333
Pentaxian

I notched up my first 13 frames of the year and number 0001 was a keeper...
Maybe you should participate in the weekly caption contest here on PF... Looking at that one, I'm thinking, 'When you're a Pentaxian you've just got to scratch that itch.'
01-04-2023, 01:07 AM - 3 Likes   #19334
GUB
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Self portrait after a week on holiday. last night - Kaikoura
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
01-15-2023, 03:05 AM - 1 Like   #19335
Kiwi Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

My daughters decided they wanted to see the little blue penguins at Caroline Bay this evening. I took the FA* 250-600 and set up well up the beach so as not to disturb them, but on a tripod low to the sand. No penguins on the beach this evening, but I did photograph this gull. The penguins were there, but in the rocks a fair way out from the beach.

It was already getting dark enough when I took this image (ISO 8000) , and I am happy enough with how the K-3 III and the lens handled this.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3 Mark III  Photo