Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3679 Likes Search this Thread
10-12-2012, 09:52 PM   #3316
GUB
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Transit Quote
There is clear evidence that just holding this piece of work makes one a beautiful Russian woman Rrrrrrrr
Yuk she is covered in dead possums.

10-13-2012, 01:33 PM - 1 Like   #3317
GUB
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Transit Quote
There is clear evidence that just holding this piece of work makes one a beautiful Russian woman Rrrrrrrr
Wait a minute the rose tinted filter is still on it .
Take that off and what do you have!
Attached Images

10-13-2012, 06:31 PM   #3318
Veteran Member

Wind and Rain
Wellington
10-13-2012, 07:58 PM   #3319
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by GUB Quote
Wait a minute the rose tinted filter is still on it .
Take that off and what do you have!
Bloody hell it's Mrs Putin
...will be careful to retain the rose filter but wonder maybe it is the grip that brings the crone ?

10-13-2012, 07:59 PM   #3320
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by CWyatt Quote

Wind and Rain
Wellington
Neat shot Camus, really catches the dynamic.
and who said K-7 couldn't do high iso !
10-13-2012, 10:22 PM - 1 Like   #3321
Pentaxian

Original Poster

Wind and Rain
Wellington
Camus doesn't take pictures.
He warps the world around him.
10-14-2012, 01:42 AM   #3322
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Gorgeous shot Camus. I know that spot well.

You should title it "Tourists in rain" – no self respecting Wellingtonian would bother with an umbrella!

10-14-2012, 02:15 AM   #3323
GUB
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Wind and Rain
Awesome. It that some sort of shade sail in the centre? They add so much to the image.
10-14-2012, 02:25 AM   #3324
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
All these pictures of the FotoSnaiper I thought I would show that It is really easy to convert your FS to Pentax and you dont even have to alter one or the other!

Of course you need an M42 adapter for the lens!

The cable is just a single wire as the metal frame makes the return path for the shutter circuit. I used a mini stereo plug and connected the wire to the 'tip part of the plug to operate the shutter, if you want the 'half press' you would connect another wire to the 'ring' part of the plug but you would have to get a bit creative to add another contact to the FotoSnaiper (hmmmm... I will have to think about that!).

The round bit of wood (slice of a dowel) has a metalic contact which is contacted when the trigger is pulled, it is necessary to recess this a little so that the trigger makes almost full travel before closing the circuit as you cant really have a 'hair trigger' shutter release if you want to use the trigger to shut down the lens.

John

Last edited by John Hill; 10-14-2012 at 02:44 AM.
10-14-2012, 02:44 AM   #3325
GUB
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by John Hill Quote
All these pictures of the FotoSnaiper I thought I would show that It is really easy to convert your FS to Pentax and you dont even have to alter one or the other!
Trouble is it is just not PC now to be wandering around with such an outfit and I gather from some of the reviews that the rifle butt is too short to be an effective stabilizer. I reckon the pistol grip will end up in a box marked rare waiting for Pete to tire of the lens. I am dead curious to see what you think of the lens Pete, The images don,t show up much coating on the lens and a score of 10 on the pentax lens review means nothing when it is the sum opinions of one person. The multibladed aperture must count for something in the bokeh stakes.
10-14-2012, 11:52 AM   #3326
Forum Member

Well yeah, I would think twice about using it in places like Afghanistan or the US but I have never had any problems around NZ. I have an even more gun-resembling rig that is on a wooden stock and that hasnt given me any problems either.

The FS stock is a bit short but if you really wanted to it would be easy enough to extend it a bit or wrap some padding around the butt end. Presumably either Russians are much smaller than us (unlikely) or they tend to be wearing padded jackets!

I have tried three of the photo sniper type rigs. The first one I bent up from aluminium strip and had a front handle that controlled the focus, the second one is on the wooden stock from a .22 rifle and the third is the genuine FotoSnaiper. They all have the same issue and that is focusing as all the long lenses I have are manual focus and the Pentax auto focus adapter is, I find, just a little less than useless.

Here is the one on a wooden stock

Photo not taken on a Pentax!

Last edited by John Hill; 10-14-2012 at 12:20 PM.
10-14-2012, 12:29 PM   #3327
Forum Member

This was taken using my first photo sniper rig, a *ist and Sigma F400 f1:5.6.
10-15-2012, 04:15 AM   #3328
Pentaxian

...I reckon the pistol grip will end up in a box marked rare waiting for Pete to tire of the lens.
I'm leaning that way

I am dead curious to see what you think of the lens Pete, The images don,t show up much coating on the lens and a score of 10 on the pentax lens review means nothing when it is the sum opinions of one person. The multibladed aperture must count for something in the bokeh stakes.
Looking forward to the big box arriving ! From what I could see of samples, it seems to me very good in the CA stakes, and presumably betters the Tamron SP Telemacro 300/5.6 it is replacing.
10-16-2012, 01:29 AM - 1 Like   #3329
GUB
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I am so grinning
Just got my TM purchase; Pentax F 35-70, Tokina AF 75-210 , Tokina 24mm 2.8 A series type Prime. All absolutely like new , original caps and uv filters in place since new. Oh and one large nonlabel tripod also as new.
All for the price of 4-5 doz of stubbies.
The 35-70 focuses lightening fast as many in the reviews comment on.
If only the bloody wind would drop and I may hide from farmwork and play with them for a while.
10-16-2012, 03:09 AM   #3330
Pentaxian

Great score Gub
That Tokina should be nice too