Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3679 Likes Search this Thread
02-23-2009, 04:51 PM   #376
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Arpe Quote
Busy editing photos from Cuba St Carnival parade - noticing things in the photos I didn't even notice on the night, like those body painted girls!
I know, I know. These girls are a nuisance. Here's an image that would have been great if it hadn't been spoilt by these girls. Must have overlooked them in the viewfinder.

Show us how your snaps got ruined.

02-25-2009, 12:28 AM   #377
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
dam thats a huge rock... where abouts was that taken?
02-25-2009, 12:56 AM   #378
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by shed301 Quote
dam thats a huge rock... where abouts was that taken?
Abel Tasman National Park, South Island. Gorgeous place.
BTW, a click on the image will take you to the Flickr page where it is hosted with a tiny description.
02-25-2009, 04:11 PM   #379
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Class A Quote
Show us how your snaps got ruined.
Sorry fro beinf lazy - but here is a lnk to the pics of the Cuba St Carnival Parade.

Nothing too amazing, but fun to do.

02-27-2009, 12:54 AM   #380
Pentaxian

Welcome Emotive45 !
Must be great to be studying this stuff
Well done carrying the flag for Pentax, I hope the other students are paying attention !

Pete
02-27-2009, 03:39 AM   #381
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Welcome Emotive45, to our Kiwi thread!

QuoteOriginally posted by Emotive45 Quote
I'm a Pomme but I've lived here for 15 yrs approx.
Sorry for being ignorant but does "Pomme" mean "Brit" or "Belgian"?

I really like some of your work, including some very nice shot you have posted in another thread.
02-27-2009, 07:37 PM   #382
Veteran Member

Welcome! That's some pretty amazing work you have posted here! Hope to see more of it in the future...

02-28-2009, 01:00 AM   #383
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Born in Manchester.
I lived in Stafford (pretty much between Manchester and Birmingham) for two years. I really liked the people and their humour. Was difficult to get to the coast from there. Once went to Prestatyn, reached the beach but the sea was 2-3 miles away. Never saw it as we arrive during low tide.
02-28-2009, 05:56 PM   #384
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by cpopham Quote
Welcome! That's some pretty amazing work you have posted here! Hope to see more of it in the future...
It's getting better. lol. I'm still not happy with a lot of it but then most people never are happy with what they do. If we were 100% happy we would not improve. Each time I do something now I save it and leave it a while and then go back and critique it a few days later and tweak it a little. I think a lot of the time, anyone working like this needs good solid visual critique from others and we're lucky enough to get that on course. We have critique sessions with some work. Lecturers critique it too, but there is less of that this year, thats why I'm so worried!
The fashion assignment I posted would be a good example of this. We had to produce 7 good images (different poses), and critique them ourselves with no assistance, choose the final image and justify why we were choosing it and then use it on a magazine cover.

That is the shoot where I had difficulty shooting in the studio as I had all the lights off and no modelling lamps set up. Just x3 pieces of polystyrene and light bouncing from the back onto the two white pieces either side of her. Was pretty dark on my side of the studio and auto focus was driving my beserk. I shot a total of 50 images and luckily about 10 came out sharp. The rest were out of focus.

I need a few weeks in studio practise I think and need to force myself to wear my glasses. In first year we practised with shop dummies. Methinks I need to drag George out of the cupboard and have a few seshions with him again just to get my visual side sorted!

Last edited by Emotive45; 02-28-2009 at 06:15 PM.
02-28-2009, 07:55 PM   #385
Forum Member

The road from the end of our drive. About x6 images stitched together in photoshop. Taken yesterday

that looks like the road heading towards kimbolton i could be wrong though... it's been close to 15 years since i was up that way last.... although.. another trip could be in the works
03-01-2009, 01:44 AM   #386
Inactive Account

Nope! Very very near though matey...keep guessing. Long as your not a stalker ok. lol.
03-01-2009, 01:45 AM   #387
Inactive Account

and if ya are... just for the record i shoot with more than a pentax lolol.
03-01-2009, 02:10 AM   #388
Forum Member

Nope! Very very near though matey...keep guessing. Long as your not a stalker ok. lol.
Lol no i used to live at apiti many years ago.... used to work a farm there with a uncle. sadly he passed away and my aunty brought a house in fielding. used to be the first farm on the left on table flat road. have no idea who owns it now though
03-01-2009, 04:06 AM   #389
Inactive Account

find it freaky because Kimbolton was a place I looked in when looking for property, but it was just too far out from town. We're very close to the Cheltenham pub ok... that's why I got the "hair standing up the the back of my neck" sensation when you said Kimbolton. lol. That was some pretty good image analysis. lol!
03-01-2009, 01:04 PM   #390
Pentaxian

Was pretty dark on my side of the studio and auto focus was driving my beserk. I shot a total of 50 images and luckily about 10 came out sharp. The rest were out of focus.
ah... the beauty of manual focus
Pete