Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3680 Likes Search this Thread
01-14-2014, 02:13 AM   #6451
Kiwi Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by bobD Quote
Ah, pix not taken with a Pentax then...
Looks silver/grey but I see now from the exif that they were taken using "fruit-cam"

Look forward to some real shots then and here's to you enjoying the delivery trip from Welly to home.
Thank you for you kind thoughts Bob, I am certainly looking forward to the delivery trip.

I will be definitely taking some real shots of it the last week of January - I pick up in Hamilton on the 28th and have a road trip mixed with work down the island, should be a lot of fun.

01-14-2014, 04:10 AM   #6452
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by NZ_Ross Quote
Thank you for you kind thoughts Bob, I am certainly looking forward to the delivery trip.

I will be definitely taking some real shots of it the last week of January - I pick up in Hamilton on the 28th and have a road trip mixed with work down the island, should be a lot of fun.
yes but will you be carrying a Q ?

01-14-2014, 10:57 AM   #6453
Kiwi Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Transit Quote
yes but will you be carrying a Q ?

Of course , and adaptors
01-14-2014, 11:59 AM   #6454
Kiwi Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

DxO - DA 55-300 Scores well

DxO have just published a series of lens tests on the K3.

I am still reading through the detail, but I have read the zoom lens test summary in detail.

Further to our various discussions regarding the DA 55-300 this lens scores very well for sharpness in the DxO test. This aligns with our own less formal testing. This lens delivers very good image quality for the price.

Clearly it is not in quite the same league as the DA*200 and DA*300, but then there is also a big difference in the price.

Interesting data....

01-14-2014, 04:47 PM   #6455
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Hi All
Ross will be trying out the new Lexus via Masterton on Sat 1 Feb, if all goes according to plan. So, very informal invite to any of the other usual contributors here if you'd like to meet up, in Masterton. If not suited, I'm sure Ross and I will have plenty to talk about. Time to be confirmed, but we're thinking somewhere around the middle of the day.
If any others are likely to turn up, let me know - If so, we'll call it the inaugural meeting of the Kiwi Pentaxians. Otherwise, we'll have to call it "two blokes talking cars, photography and other interesting stuff"!
Regards,
Mark
01-15-2014, 02:24 AM   #6456
Kiwi Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Nice sunset in Timaru this evening

It has been a lovely warm nor'west day in Timaru today, and as is often the case - also a very nice sunset. K5 and Zeiss ZK 35/2, one of my favourite lenses
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
01-15-2014, 02:57 AM   #6457
GUB
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

It has been a lovely warm nor'west day in Timaru today, and as is often the case - also a very nice sunset. K5 and Zeiss ZK 35/2, one of my favourite lenses
I reckon here in the southern hemisphere a red sky at nite is a shepherds warning!

01-15-2014, 03:01 AM   #6458
Kiwi Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by GUB Quote
I reckon here in the southern hemisphere a red sky at nite is a shepherds warning!
I will take your word for it - I am sure you have much more experience in that regard than me. All I know from my climbing days in my youth - is not to go up too high when there is a nor'west blowing, or it will blow you off the mountain - especially on the main divide
01-15-2014, 03:14 AM   #6459
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Of course , and adaptors
Just got my Pentax Adapter Q for K Mount Lens today and Boy! is it a well engineered and constructed adapter.

Looking forward to using it in the future weeks.

Next I need to get a tripod foot. The amount of movement hand held with a 20mm (1100mm equivalent) lens attached is phenomenal.

Regards

Chris
01-15-2014, 06:38 AM   #6460
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
Ross will be trying out the new Lexus via Masterton on Sat 1 Feb, if all goes according to plan.
Unfortunately, I won't be able to make that as I'll be away on an overseas trip.

Belated thanks to bobD for the offer to provide transport!
01-15-2014, 10:56 AM   #6461
Kiwi Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by seventhdr Quote
Just got my Pentax Adapter Q for K Mount Lens today and Boy! is it a well engineered and constructed adapter.
I have a Fotodiox Q to K adaptor, which has a little tripod foot attached - but it doesn't have all the features of the Pentax one, which looks really good. For example the adaptor I have is good for lenses with an aperture ring, but not the DA's, it also doesn't have the shutter and the Q contacts like the Pentax one.

The amount of movement hand held with a 20mm (1100mm equivalent) lens attached is phenomenal.
That is the fun part

Last edited by NZ_Ross; 01-15-2014 at 11:01 AM.
01-15-2014, 11:27 AM   #6462
Kiwi Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Class A Quote
Unfortunately, I won't be able to make that as I'll be away on an overseas trip.

Belated thanks to bobD for the offer to provide transport!
Sorry you can't make it Class A. Enjoy your trip
01-15-2014, 12:48 PM   #6463
Pentaxian

Looking forward to using it in the future weeks.

Next I need to get a tripod foot. The amount of movement hand held with a 20mm (1100mm equivalent) lens attached is phenomenal.

Regards

Chris
You got the real adaptor ? nice
do you mean 200mm or 110mm equivalent ?
01-15-2014, 12:52 PM   #6464
Pentaxian

I have a Fotodiox Q to K adaptor, which has a little tripod foot attached -...
that little foot gets in the way and is only held on by tiny screws. I'm taking it off. Luckily the F*300 has got its own.
01-15-2014, 12:59 PM   #6465
Kiwi Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Transit Quote
that little foot gets in the way and is only held on by tiny screws. I'm taking it off. Luckily the F*300 has got its own.
I know what you are saying - I checked and tightened all the screws on the foot before putting a lens on it, then on the tripod. It will have to do me until I buy the Pentax one.
« GR x GIN Social | - »