Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3678 Likes Search this Thread
05-20-2009, 01:39 AM   #646
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Arpe Quote
Do you know of anything simple to use to creat a slideshow that just points to a folder, making it easy to change said slideshow by adding or deleting photos from said folder? Or similar?

Thanks for your time.
First of all, my site uses #ccc as the main text colour. In this case all the style is actually embedded in the page (seeing as it is only a single page) so you can view the styles within the HTML by using "View source" from your browser. Firefox shortcut is Ctrl-U. You've got some blues up the top so if you wanted to cool the colour a little, go for #ccd or maybe #cce.

Templates? Templates! Hell yeah! I think I have done a couple of designs I started from scratch but it's hard work. These days I look for a template that has the right basic structure and then start hitting colours and other details. It's the sane way to go.

You're doing well to get 2Gb of traffic from <50Mb of content!

Regarding the sub-gallery thing - consider just "sub-naming". So instead of creating a gallery "X" which contains galleries "A" and "B", create just two galleries "X - A" and "X - B" or similar. They'll still sort in the right order and I think it would simplify that initial gallery page nicely. Just an idea.

Regarding a slideshow, I've never really been into it, so haven't tried anything, but did find this page after a bit of searching. Looks like it has a number of possible solutions and the site they're on is well presented.

05-20-2009, 06:05 PM   #647
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Cheers. I'll check all that out.
05-20-2009, 09:09 PM   #648
Pentaxian

Original Poster
K-7 is here

The DPR preview about the new K-7 is quite mouthwatering.
05-20-2009, 09:23 PM   #649
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Class A Quote
The DPR preview about the new K-7 is quite mouthwatering.
Hell yes. Gadget lust is taking serious hold. And the aussie prices are looking VERY reasonable - never before have I wanted so badly for CRK to take over from IRL...

05-20-2009, 10:13 PM   #650
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by cpopham Quote
Gadget lust is taking serious hold.
Tell me all about it...

Just watched the PENTAX K-7 Introduction video on youtube.
05-21-2009, 02:04 AM   #651
Pentaxian

Tell me all about it...

Just watched the PENTAX K-7 Introduction video on youtube.
If I was you I'd buy a second-hand K20D from someone living near Wellington that you have met once
05-21-2009, 02:59 AM   #652
Pentaxian

Original Poster
If I was you I'd buy a second-hand K20D from someone living near Wellington that you have met once
Sounds like an great plan to me.
My advice for you: Get the K-7 and fire away at Rugby games with the new 5.2 fps. And you can even throw in some movie clips for good measure.

05-21-2009, 01:10 PM   #653
Veteran Member

Sounds like an great plan to me.
My advice for you: Get the K-7 and fire away at Rugby games with the new 5.2 fps. And you can even throw in some movie clips for good measure.
Haha so I see I'm not the only person making plans...
05-21-2009, 02:43 PM   #654
Pentaxian

Hell yes. Gadget lust is taking serious hold. And the aussie prices are looking VERY reasonable - never before have I wanted so badly for CRK to take over from IRL...
is it time to start our CRK / IRL takeover thrust !!!?
Mr K is all ears in the other place
I cheer on our exchange rate every morning
05-21-2009, 05:06 PM   #655
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Transit Quote
I cheer on our exchange rate every morning
Me too. My family is sick of hearing how I bought lenses from B&H when our dollar was at 0.81 US!
05-21-2009, 05:27 PM   #656
Veteran Member

Oh, really... did you say something? (I'm too lazy to trawl through that horrible forum layout) - I had noticed some of his postings though...

It just seems somewhat natural to me - they're already the Sigma distributor here, so obviously they're already set up, already have dealer connections. I was in Auckland camera centre the other day picking up a 49mm circular polariser (hint), and was chatting to the owner about IRL, he said they're just as crazy as always with pricing. I mean, they're trying to sell the K20 kit for the same price as a D300 body..... that's not just our crappy dollar at work, that's something else. Maybe their orders are so small they get terrible wholesale prices, who knows?

Hell, I don't even care if they end up having to send stuff to oz for service. I'd rather stuff was fixed properly, and if it takes an extra week, it takes an extra week.
05-21-2009, 05:49 PM   #657
Pentaxian

Oh, really... did you say something? (I'm too lazy to trawl through that horrible forum layout) - I had noticed some of his postings though...
started a thread about buying the DA40 from Oz and various other malcontent's weighed in.
Mr K started addressing me directly as i had wondered about a warranty.
Said he would sort out an international warranty if I wanted one. DA arrived without one, emailed them and one turned up in the post.
He notably offers to match price of grey market prices in Oz for forum members

It just seems somewhat natural to me - they're already the Sigma distributor here, so obviously they're already set up, already have dealer connections. I was in Auckland camera centre the other day picking up a 49mm circular polariser (hint), and was chatting to the owner about IRL, he said they're just as crazy as always with pricing. I mean, they're trying to sell the K20 kit for the same price as a D300 body..... that's not just our crappy dollar at work, that's something else. Maybe their orders are so small they get terrible wholesale prices, who knows?

Hell, I don't even care if they end up having to send stuff to oz for service. I'd rather stuff was fixed properly, and if it takes an extra week, it takes an extra week.
Can only be higher wholesale price to them or stupid greed
05-21-2009, 05:56 PM   #658
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Some members in Oz are going for group buy.
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-news-rumors/60923-pricing-us-austr...tax-users.html

Maybe NZ'ers can join in.

mike
05-21-2009, 05:56 PM   #659
Pentaxian

CRK also import Pentax Surveying and Medical equipment here, though I think all 3 branches are entirley separate.
05-21-2009, 08:15 PM   #660
Veteran Member

started a thread about buying the DA40 from Oz and various other malcontent's weighed in.
Mr K started addressing me directly as i had wondered about a warranty.
Said he would sort out an international warranty if I wanted one. DA arrived without one, emailed them and one turned up in the post.
He notably offers to match price of grey market prices in Oz for forum members
Yes, I've seen that - I followed that thread during one of my lurking threads on 'that' forum.

I wonder whether it's worth one or more of us writing a letter to CRK explaining that we feel we're badly served by the local distributor, but notice their NZ business has pretty decent service and prices as a Sigma distributor....