Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3679 Likes Search this Thread
06-22-2015, 08:53 PM   #9931
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Transit Quote
We have just decided to demolish the house and turn the area into a greenhouse/garden.
Are you serious?

Would seem like a big shame to me. Such a lovely house.

06-22-2015, 09:18 PM   #9932
GUB
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Class A Quote
Are you serious?

Why does everyone call it a house -- it is a lovely little home.
ps you may be needing some macro then?
pps guess who just bought that yella k01 -- $190 landed.
06-22-2015, 09:47 PM   #9933
Kiwi Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by GUB Quote
Given the amount of water we saw in the photo, it might take a day or two before it gets to you
06-22-2015, 10:27 PM   #9934

in about 1.5 months i want to buy a pentax ringflash and lots of ppl have told me to buy out of nz..but i havent got a visa soo if i payed money into someone bank account could some one buy it for me and send it down to me when its here???

06-22-2015, 10:49 PM   #9935
GUB
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by NZ_Ross Quote
Given the amount of water we saw in the photo, it might take a day or two before it gets to you
It has really been the most auspicious of days.
Not just the camera.
The power came on this arvo so everything is back to normal.
And flood wise we appear to have dodged the bullet -- no real issues out on the hills.
But most importantly -- 14 days ago from tomorrow our 2 dogs went missing without trace.
That is the 2 professional studio models you guys have seen a little too much of.
They are our pets as well as my indispensable farm help and it has been a devastating time.
Thankfully Storm ( the young bitch) turned up after 5 days absolutely exhausted and obviously had been lost or trapped in a gorge.
This rain event spelled the end of any hope we held out for our old gentleman Tip.
But today, against all odds , there he was sitting out on the edge of the flats looking in fine form -- just confused about where he was.
What a relief. 13 days !!
He is all but blind and we tested him today and he is much deafer than we thought. I don't think he could have heard all the calling we did for him.
So ends a great day.
06-22-2015, 11:02 PM   #9936
Kiwi Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Not just the camera.
And flood wise we appear to have dodged the bullet -- no real issues out on the hills.
But most importantly -- 14 days ago from tomorrow our 2 dogs went missing without trace.
That is the 2 professional studio models you guys have seen a little too much of.
They are our pets as well as my indispensable farm help and it has been a devastating time.
Thankfully Storm ( the young bitch) turned up after 5 days absolutely exhausted and obviously had been lost or trapped in a gorge.
This rain event spelled the end of any hope we held out for our old gentleman Tip.
But today, against all odds , there he was sitting out on the edge of the flats looking in fine form -- just confused about where he was.
He is all but blind and we tested him today and he is much deafer than we thought. I don't think he could have heard all the calling we did for him.
So ends a great day.
That is a fantastic bunch of news GUB, especially about the dogs
06-22-2015, 11:36 PM   #9937
Pentaxian

Why does everyone call it a house -- it is a lovely little home.
ps you may be needing some macro then?
opposite for me...the 'home' term is a real estate tactic to make piles seem more nice and buyable.
My Dad was a real estate agent and he sold houses
but thanks for the compliment

I saw the yella was offered for rediculous coin, glad you got it !!!
brilliant camera and sharper than K-5 as AA filter weaker,
instant classic should look like sex on a stick with any of your stable of old 50s

Jane and I very pleased your models came back !

---------- Post added 06-23-15 at 06:48 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Class A Quote
Are you serious?

Thanks Mate!
There are other issues that doing this would solve
not to mention all the bone dry macrocarpa in it I can turn into furniture
it has served it's purpose to house my daughter, must have worked, she just got a PhD

Last edited by Transit; 06-23-2015 at 12:01 AM.
06-23-2015, 02:12 AM   #9938
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by kiwi-paul Quote
in about 1.5 months i want to buy a pentax ringflash and lots of ppl have told me to buy out of nz..but i havent got a visa soo if i payed money into someone bank account could some one buy it for me and send it down to me when its here???
Just buy it direct from the Pentax Webstore in the USA, or B&H Photo Video or Adorama both also in the states.

They do ship to New Zealand. Best way to get it here. You may pay some GST but it's still cheaper than buying in New Zealand.

Regards

Chris
06-23-2015, 02:31 AM   #9939

QuoteOriginally posted by seventhdr Quote
Just buy it direct from the Pentax Webstore in the USA, or B&H Photo Video or Adorama both also in the states.

They do ship to New Zealand. Best way to get it here. You may pay some GST but it's still cheaper than buying in New Zealand.

Regards

Chris
i would buy it there but i got noo visa etc
06-23-2015, 02:38 AM - 1 Like   #9940
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteQuote:
Regards Chris
I think what kiwi-paul means is he does not have a credit card (=visa ?) and would put money in someone’s account who does so they could buy the ringflash on his behalf and send it on to Gore..

@ kiwi-paul an even easier option...find out the cost of your ringflash and shipping from your favoured overseas store and the $$ cost after exchange rate conversion then go into NZPost and ask to buy a Prezzy card (You can get them with a preloaded value west of a thousand dollars these days but you can get whatever amount you want on it under this. Minimum might be $25 IIRC)

A Prezzy card is just like an anonymous Visa/Mastercard only has a preloaded prepaid value and can be used online and internationally for purchases wherever those cards could be used.

I use these regularly for small purchases, books, gadgets, equipment, etc from online stores without any problems and so never have to use any personal cards....

Payment is limited to the preloaded amount on the card. You can get a reloadable one for a little extra but I generally get a normal one and throw it away once it is used up.
(It is a classed as a gift card so just get one and give it to yourself.. )

http://www.prezzycard.co.nz/

Last edited by bobD; 06-23-2015 at 02:48 AM.
06-23-2015, 03:21 AM   #9941
Kiwi Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by bobD Quote
A Prezzy card is just like an anonymous Visa/Mastercard only has a preloaded prepaid value and can be used online and internationally for purchases wherever those cards could be used.
Bob, between this and landslip saving trees, you are a bundle of useful knowledge at the moment
06-23-2015, 03:21 AM   #9942
Pentaxian

Jeeze Bob you really know stuff !

---------- Post added 06-23-15 at 10:21 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by NZ_Ross Quote
Bob, between this and landslip saving trees, you are a bundle of useful knowledge at the moment
beat me to it
06-23-2015, 04:25 AM   #9943
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Not just the camera.
So ends a great day.
Glad the models are ok. How's Possum shaping up?
06-23-2015, 05:14 AM   #9944
GUB
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pixelsaurus Quote
How's Possum shaping up?
Bigger than Pipi!!
06-23-2015, 02:47 PM   #9945
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Not just the camera.
So ends a great day.
Long may they keep up their modelling careers.