Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by NZ_Ross Quote
Dare I ask why?
dud internal battery I think

05-13-2016, 07:59 PM   #11267
Pentaxian

pity really... I tried to upload a robin from Bushy Park but there was some rule about dates
so the pepperaria was the next option.
Not sure if the internal battery can be changed

Q7 02
05-13-2016, 08:35 PM   #11268
Kiwi Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Transit Quote
pity really... I tried to upload a robin from Bushy Park but there was some rule about dates
Very creative image Transit.

But....green inside red, are you sure that is the messaging you want to run with???

05-14-2016, 05:09 PM   #11269
Pentaxian

cheers Ross
They will have to sort that out, what colour is Winnie ?

05-14-2016, 07:54 PM   #11270
Kiwi Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

cheers Ross
They will have to sort that out, what colour is Winnie ?
I have never been able to come to a conclusion on that one....
05-18-2016, 07:15 AM - 1 Like   #11271

Minor rant:

Why do so many listings on TM for DSLRs feature crappy out-of-focus pics? This is a honey -I'm interested because of the lens, but FFS, who can really tell much from this?Really, you're selling a high-end imaging device but that's the best you can do?
05-18-2016, 04:47 PM - 1 Like   #11272
Pentaxian

I take the counter view.
I want crap ad that attracts no one but me
and only post links to warn dudes off

05-19-2016, 12:43 AM   #11273
GUB
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Q7 02
Have you tried editing your metadata? I know it sounds like fraud to a photographer but it is well intentioned fraud!. They are struggling for numbers this year so you might slip through.
05-19-2016, 02:16 AM   #11274
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Kiwigeezer Quote
Why do so many listings on TM for DSLRs feature crappy out-of-focus pics? This is a honey -I'm interested because of the lens, but FFS, who can really tell much from this?Really, you're selling a high-end imaging device but that's the best you can do?
I'll admit to sometimes saying "good enough" when taking photos for my auctions, but this wouldn't make my standards at all. I'll accept "soft focus" but this is just plain "out of focus."
05-19-2016, 02:33 AM   #11275

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Kiwigeezer Quote
I guess the other thing is if you only have a DSLR and that's it ... I'm finally down to one and my phone doesn't have a camera soo maybe that's a reason

But yeah probably just snap ... ehh looks good enough from the back of the camera/phone - post up and hope all goes well.
05-19-2016, 06:31 PM   #11276
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by GUB Quote
Have you tried editing your metadata? I know it sounds like fraud to a photographer but it is well intentioned fraud!. They are struggling for numbers this year so you might slip through.
I'm trialing this Capture One thingy atm, it can do it I think.
Maybe I can make it a K-1
05-19-2016, 08:09 PM   #11277
Kiwi Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Maybe I can make it a K-1
I use a wee app called exifchanger which is really good for bulk editing exif data - for example putting in lens names on older K, M and A lenses into the exif

I have been really happy with it
05-19-2016, 10:57 PM   #11278
Pentaxian

Sounds good thanks Ross, I'll check it out
05-23-2016, 02:22 AM - 1 Like   #11279
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Happy news here. My wife's PET scan came back all clear. We scheduled her scan to coincide with the second to last day of a 12 day road trip around the South Island. On Monday last week I had my gallbladder out and Tuesday morning my wife had her appointment with the oncologist to hear the results, so I still had my hospital name tag on when we went to her appointment.
I need a good macro lens to photograph my gallstones - quite fascinating really, and definitely better not to have them inside me, although I'm still a bit sore.
Several people told me they were out mowing the lawns by the weekend after gallbladder operations. My guess is they must have had ride-on mowers as I don't really feel up to pushing a mower around yet, although I went for a short walk this evening.
It seemed like we timed out South Island road trip perfectly as the weather was good the whole time and it was even 21 degrees at Mt. Cook when we stopped there, and we drove over a good few alpine passes that have had snow in the last 24 hours.
05-23-2016, 02:40 AM   #11280
Kiwi Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Kiwizinho Quote
Happy news here. My wife's PET scan came back all clear. We scheduled her scan to coincide with the second to last day of a 12 day road trip around the South Island. On Monday last week I had my gallbladder out and Tuesday morning my wife had her appointment with the oncologist to hear the results, so I still had my hospital name tag on when we went to her appointment.
Very good news