02-22-2010, 03:04 PM   #1186
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Can we mention the weather ?

Pete

02-22-2010, 05:47 PM   #1187
Pentaxian

Better put it in General Talk or ask a mod, or you may get an infraction notice.
I got one of those in the early days of the forum (13/09/06). A guy called Keith Holyoake signed on and posted, so I asked if he was our ex Prime Minister, as you do. Adam told me off! I laughed. Keith has never posted again!
02-22-2010, 11:54 PM   #1188
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The offer still stands to set up a dedicated forum on my host.

It got voted down last time, but I'm game for another round of rejection if that's how it is. :-)
02-23-2010, 12:45 AM   #1189
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by Class A Quote
We are indeed.

Thanks admins, for letting us know. "Thanks" in advance, I guess.

We are an "Off-Topic" forum now, so please no more discussions about photographic equipment, for example. These would be off-topic in an "off-topic" forum.
Oh come on, that's not nice now is it And that's not even the policy to begin with...

Seeing that we had a dedicated forum for groups I decided it would be fitting to move this thread here, with a 1-week redirect notice, instead of leaving it in the messy collection of assorted Pentax topics.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
02-23-2010, 12:46 AM   #1190
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by zkarj Quote

It got voted down last time, but I'm game for another round of rejection if that's how it is. :-)
Absolutely no competing forums! We're going to have to ban you tongue

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
02-23-2010, 01:34 AM   #1191
Veteran Member

If anyone is interested, PSNZ honours applications close 28th Feb. This message might be a bit late...
02-23-2010, 02:36 AM   #1192
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Oh come on, that's not nice now is it
Sorry, Adam.
It was very late (local time) when I posted this and my sarcastic side got the better of me.

You see, we Kiwis are outside the peripheral vision on most world maps and now our PF presence has been moved to the most southernmost position as well.

But seriously I agree that the move was appropriate (even though "Off-Topic Forums" doesn't sound too great). A quick note "I moved you to ... because ..." would have been nice.

Thanks, but I personally would like to stay here.

02-23-2010, 02:38 AM   #1193
Pentaxian

Original Poster
This teleconverter on TM should work with SDM lenses since it got the power zoom contacts. Too pricey for me but maybe of interest to someone with an SDM lens who wishes the SDM to continue to work with a teleconverter.
02-23-2010, 02:41 AM   #1194
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Well speaking of that, perhaps this whole forum should be moved up into the photography category instead? That would actually make more sense logically than leaving it here.

Edit: now you've got me thinking, and that's exactly what's going to happen following a brief discussion with the rest of the mods

Adam

02-23-2010, 04:19 PM   #1195
Pentaxian

...now you've got me thinking
Sorry about that!

Don't take any comments here seriously, though I'm sure you don't. Taking the piss out of someone/something is a national passtime!

Not sure what I said last time, but I'm not keen as we already have this, and it's a one-stop-shop for everything else Pentax anyway.

Yeah that TC looks like it would work, but it does seem hit and miss with the lenses that they work on. Does Serge777 visit here? Can you tell us Serge?
02-23-2010, 05:59 PM   #1196
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Well speaking of that, perhaps this whole forum should be moved up into the photography category instead?
Nice suggestion and thanks for implementing it so quickly!
02-24-2010, 12:34 AM   #1197
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Arpe Quote
Does Serge777 visit here? Can you tell us Serge?
Not that I know of, I will point Sergei in this direction
Pete
02-24-2010, 12:44 AM   #1198
Pentaxian

Sorry about that!

Don't take any comments here seriously, though I'm sure you don't. Taking the piss out of someone/something is a national passtime!
'Taking the piss' might be misconstrued by americans
02-24-2010, 01:11 AM   #1199
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
Does Serge777 visit here? Can you tell us Serge?
Yes i do sometimes...

QuoteOriginally posted by Transit Quote
I will point Sergei in this direction
Pete
Thanks for that
02-24-2010, 01:28 AM   #1200
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by artmate Quote
Yes i do
Pryvet and welcome, Sergey!

How's that Helios 40 of yours? Is that a clone of a Zeiss lens too? Do you have images you'd like to share?