Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-14-2010, 03:33 PM   #1291
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by CWyatt Quote
Also, Class A congrats on the WPS competition win, just saw it in Impact.
Thanks, a lot.

QuoteOriginally posted by Transit Quote
what !!!??? a win ? Did we hear about that ?
I took part in the "It’s in the bag" competition. You were given about nine objects (bottle top, glitter, jelly beans, fake money bill, cone, etc.) and had to shoot images with at least one of these objects in them.

Just a bit of fun and certainly the "win" doesn't mean anything (unlike the accolades CWyatt is reaping in). However, the selection night was great fun since the voting was done in an "Applause-O-Meter" fashion. Was good to have about 80 people clapping, stomping, and shouting for your image.

QuoteOriginally posted by zkarj Quote
Hmmm. Is that a double entendre, given the stance of the cat?
Yes, I thought if the image is a bit boring the title has to try to add some wit.

Nice pics. Oddly enough the sameness of the colours in the cat pic and the stark contrast of colours in the second one are the most appealing features to me.
Thanks a lot.

Finally got my act together and got a website up.
Very nice! The colour scheme is reminiscent of the James Nachtwey website design. I like it. Some sublime shots in your galleries.

03-14-2010, 03:43 PM   #1292
Veteran Member

I think there's a similar Australian competition that was worth quite a bit of money if I remember rightly.
It's a nice shot too, put it up.

QuoteOriginally posted by Class A:
Very nice! The colour scheme is reminiscent of the James Nachtwey website design. I like it. Some sublime shots in your galleries.
Well spotted, exactly where I got it from. And I took the title from a Cartier-Bresson book. Now if I could only take the photos...
03-14-2010, 03:43 PM   #1293
Pentaxian

Original Poster
It's in the bag shots

Here are the "It's in the bag" images:

Last edited by Class A; 07-30-2010 at 06:22 PM.
03-14-2010, 05:34 PM   #1294
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Blinking heck Mate those are excellent !!!
I bet they did have them clapping and stamping for more
It really shows it's not just about the camera' good onya for flying the Pentax flag amongst the herd
meanwhile my ego is shattered
Trust me to post my brave little shots of the DC3...
just before a star launches across the firmament

Pete
(clutches FA100 closer)

03-14-2010, 06:38 PM   #1295
Veteran Member

Phew - it's been a while. Things have been a bit busy for me, so I haven't had time either for forums or even to be outside with a camera...

And then I come back and find this - fantastic shots at every turn, and posters winning competitions. Congrats guys, I'm blown away by some of the stuff people have posted!

Last edited by cpopham; 03-14-2010 at 07:11 PM.
03-14-2010, 10:37 PM   #1296
Pentaxian

Anyway, I caught a couple of nice crisp shots on Saturday afternoon out at the airport. The 55-300 shines again. Of course these are helped by the gorgeous (and very common, I'll have you know) intense blue Wellington sky.

Jetstar Airbus A320 VH-VQY operates flight JQ269 to Christchurch.
Very sharp shots, that zoom seems to be a pearler all right
03-15-2010, 12:49 AM   #1297
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Finally got my act together and got a website up. Have a look here: Camus Wyatt
For the record, I hate Flash. But the simple design of the site looks good. As for the photographs, WOW! You have a truly excellent body of work there. I love this pigeon shot particularly - more so because I can recognise Wellington in the shot.

03-15-2010, 04:21 PM   #1298
Pentaxian

Fabulous shots all round!
03-15-2010, 05:08 PM   #1299
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Finally got my act together and got a website up. Have a look here: Camus Wyatt, and Camus Wyatt: Photographs | Facebook

edit: need to change my website browser name...

double edit: do facebook groups always look that sad when it's just you in it?
I had a look at your website and what can I say. Wow. The photos are awesome and I love the b/w. Continue like that and you will have a great future as a photographer.

Cheers
Eddie
03-17-2010, 07:03 PM   #1300
Veteran Member

Thanks very much for the comments on the site/photographs. Photography is a real passion for me so it's great to get that kind of feedback
03-20-2010, 09:24 PM   #1301
Pentaxian

Original Poster
I think there's a similar Australian competition that was worth quite a bit of money if I remember rightly.
It wasn't this one with the 5 briefs, was it?

Now if I could only take the photos...
You can. I'm sure of that. I think that these heros would be happy to have some of your shots in their collection.

Thanks to everyone who said they thought my images were good; this is very encouraging.
03-22-2010, 03:20 AM   #1302
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Pentax flies its colours again in the March 2010 newsletter of Old St. Paul's Society.

Round about Christmas 2009 I took some photos while my family and I were visiting Old St. Paul's. Had I know that some of them were going to be published, I would have brought a tripod. Now the newsletter features three hand-held (but shake-reduced) images of the (dim) inside of Old St. Pauls. Fabulous building! And I got a photo credit.
03-22-2010, 03:42 AM   #1303
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Class A Quote

Thanks to everyone who said they thought my images were good; this is very encouraging.
no wuckers Mate !
We're a tough lot and would have said if they were crap

Pete
03-22-2010, 03:46 AM   #1304
Pentaxian

Pentax flies its colours again in the March 2010 newsletter of Old St. Paul's Society.

...and incredibly is first on the latest D-Photo selection of ten best- buy cameras
the white one no less.
Just got first D-Photo after they swapped my Photographers Mail sub
was ready to be enraged by the canikon bias and now this !
don't know what to think
03-22-2010, 04:09 PM   #1305
Pentaxian

Round about Christmas 2009 I took some photos while my family and I were visiting Old St. Paul's. Had I know that some of them were going to be published, I would have brought a tripod. Now the newsletter features three hand-held (but shake-reduced) images of the (dim) inside of Old St. Pauls. Fabulous building! And I got a photo credit.
And you're feeding your children with that credit? nah just kidding - good on yous.
How did they find your images?

Yeah got my dphoto too, still full of nikon and canon though.