Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3680 Likes Search this Thread
04-27-2017, 03:44 PM   #13201

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by GUB Quote
Did you change which side of the fence you were on gamma1?
I was equivocal until the term "prick" got thrown into the mix. That actually IS in definite breach of TM's T&C

To be fair, when I initially read the description, I thought "no way" for the 18-135 to be included at that reserve, so re-read. Again, best thing (IMHO) would befor the seller to just edit, or add a sellers comment to the auction.

It's all a bit unfortunate, because one of our members has bid, and I actually don't think the seller is actually a "prick", but suspect he was having a bad day when he replied -we all have them, and it all snow-balled from there. Also pretty sure after checking that this wasn't the seller who I had issues with around asking for a shutter count way back either.

04-27-2017, 03:49 PM   #13202
Veteran Member

The seller has said he will be able to confirm the shutter count this weekend. Another K3 sat at the opening bid right up to the last, when the bidding took off. I expect this will do the same.
04-27-2017, 03:51 PM   #13203

QuoteOriginally posted by Kiwigeezer Quote
I was equivocal until the term "prick" got thrown into the mix. That actually IS in definite breach of TM's T&C

To be fair, when I initially read the description, I thought "no way" for the 18-135 to be included at that reserve, so re-read. Again, best thing (IMHO) would befor the seller to just edit, or add a sellers comment to the auction.

It's all a bit unfortunate, because one of our members has bid, and I actually don't think the seller is actually a "prick", but suspect he was having a bad day when he replied -we all have them, and it all snow-balled from there. Also pretty sure after checking that this wasn't the seller who I had issues with around asking for a shutter count way back either.
...and I see a seller's comment there now, although specifying an "18-35" lens (pretty sure that's a typo!). As Awa states, if this seller was as bad as you might assume from this single episode his overall feedback would reflect that.
04-27-2017, 04:15 PM   #13204
GUB
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Kiwigeezer Quote
...and I see a seller's comment there now, although specifying an "18-35" lens (pretty sure that's a typo!). As Awa states, if this seller was as bad as you might assume from this single episode his overall feedback would reflect that.
Yeah I think he might just have a short fuse!! But despite what he says I think he is keeping a perfectly good 18 - 135 and chucking in the 18 -55 instead. He just should have worded things better.

04-27-2017, 04:31 PM   #13205
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by zkarj Quote
What's the crop factor on the camera? I.e. what's your 300mm equivalent reach? A friend of mine in the US has one of the EM models and raves about it. I'm starting to think about looking at something other than Pentax if I can trade off the features to my liking.

I don't think I could ever go back to JPEG shooting. It's not that the K-5 cannot produce good JPEGs (it probably can, but I've never tried) but that I'm not good enough to produce great JPEGs. I simply don't use the camera enough to learn its capabilities, and when I do use it, I'm often concentrating hard on the subject so forget to think about the camera.
Micro 4/3 produces a 2x crop equiv on lenses, so the 75-300mm provides a FOV equiv of 15-600mm.
I have always liked the Olympus Digitals, even the 4/3 system cameras like the E-30 and E-1s etc, i have a customer here who loves them so much he has an E-1, E-3 and E-5, plus an E-30 and E-520 and E-330 that get used pretty regularly alongside his OM-D E-M5, oh yeah and his dad also has one of the Leica 4/3 Digilux's as well. But the big thing for me is that I went the OM-D way because it had everything i wanted, plus it feels good in the hand, and was in my price range at the time
04-27-2017, 05:51 PM   #13206
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by GUB Quote
Yeah I think he might just have a short fuse!! But despite what he says I think he is keeping a perfectly good 18 - 135 and chucking in the 18 -55 instead. He just should have worded things better.
Why he did not just answer properly in the first place, I don't know. Both GUB and I have bought from "spray" in the past - He was good to deal with.
04-27-2017, 05:56 PM   #13207
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Ouch!

04-27-2017, 08:06 PM   #13208
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

He has now listed a shutter count of 962 and has explained that the original lens was dropped and damaged (not attached to camera) and therefore not included in sale.
04-27-2017, 08:06 PM   #13209
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by richandfleur Quote
Ouch!
Did you stub your toe or something?
04-27-2017, 08:19 PM   #13210
Veteran Member

What do you reckon, it will top $800?.
04-27-2017, 08:44 PM - 1 Like   #13211
GUB
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
Why he did not just answer properly in the first place, I don't know. Both GUB and I have bought from "spray" in the past - He was good to deal with.
Had to look that one up! So I got my K01 from him!!! Perfect condition. See an Arpe from Porirua has traded with him too. No comment on what the camera is worth but he has created enough badwill here that it could be a buyers market.
04-27-2017, 09:42 PM - 1 Like   #13212
Kiwi Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by awa355 Quote
What do you reckon, it will top $800?.
That is what auctions are for - to find out what the price will be
04-27-2017, 10:28 PM   #13213
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
Did you stub your toe or something?
Lol yeah that was in reply to the poor lens review assessment of the 18-135mm. Just a bit late lol.

---------- Post added 04-28-17 at 05:31 PM ----------

I reckon that's worth $850 at least. Practically new, with a grip (I think?) and a basic lens.

I want it gone, as it's presently much cheaper than what I paid and it's irking me!
04-27-2017, 10:52 PM - 1 Like   #13214
Kiwi Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

I want it gone, as it's presently much cheaper than what I paid and it's irking me!
First rule of any tech purchase - be it laptop, phone, console, camera, TV, etc - on the day you decide to buy get the best deal you can.

Never look over your shoulder or continue to price compare. If you do this you will either go mad, or never purchase anything. Due to the very short obsolesce cycles of the types of gear the prices can change very quickly i.e. when a latest and greatest new model is released. When you add in major discounting by manufacturers and retailers - say the Black Friday sales in the US, then you must expect a range of price volatility.

Which leads you back to my first rule....
04-27-2017, 10:59 PM - 1 Like   #13215

Lol yeah that was in reply to the poor lens review assessment of the 18-135mm. Just a bit late lol.

---------- Post added 04-28-17 at 05:31 PM ----------

I reckon that's worth $850 at least. Practically new, with a grip (I think?) and a basic lens.

Sods Law, we've all been there.
« GR x GIN Social | - »