Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3680 Likes Search this Thread
07-22-2017, 12:27 AM - 1 Like   #13666
Veteran Member

One from today's rugby game using the 50-200mm WR lens. Usually I would have my 55-300 lens on but with the light showers passing over I stuck to the WR lens.
Not pretty but he has a distinctive look from a photogenic perspective.

I wonder who's mother gets the team bag of jerseys to wash this week. It was the gloomiest day I have ever photographed in this season.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-50  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-50  Photo 
07-22-2017, 02:11 AM   #13667
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by awa355 Quote
One from today's rugby game using the 50-200mm WR lens. Usually I would have my 55-300 lens on but with the light showers passing over I stuck to the WR lens.

I wonder who's mother gets the team bag of jerseys to wash this week. It was the gloomiest day I have ever photographed in this season.
That first one just about looks like an extra off a Peter Jackson movie.
07-22-2017, 02:51 AM   #13668
Kiwi Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by awa355 Quote
Impressive image, really captured the moment
07-22-2017, 05:04 AM   #13669
GUB
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by following.eric Quote
if anybody is interested I will share my link to Flickr for my Canada album. All shot with the k70 and a mix of my 17-50,55-300 and 10-17mm. All edited in lightroom. this is about a third of the shots, but these are my favourites or the ones that show off Canada a bit. I would love some feedback so go ahead and comment and let me know what you think. It was great to be home a month and see family and see some places I haven't seen a while. I've been in the UK about two weeks now, but haven't shot much, not much motivation at the moment as I am settling into a new home and adjusting to life here. Once I get a bit settled I hope to get out and shoot. Going into london on Saturday and plant o shoot some black and white film.

Canada 2017 | Flickr

I hope you guys don't mind if I stay on this thread. Everyone has been very helpful over the past year and I want to stay connected with NZ, it's a special place and be proud to call it home, I am missing it a bit. Since I have real internet here in the UK I can actually upload at a respectable rate. So I will get started on updating my NZ albums and will send you the links once they are up to date.
Yeah - na , good as -- just so long as you keep speaking Kiwi bro.

07-22-2017, 10:05 PM   #13670

Stirrer!
07-23-2017, 08:28 AM   #13671
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

if anybody is interested I will share my link to Flickr for my Canada album. All shot with the k70 and a mix of my 17-50,55-300 and 10-17mm. All edited in lightroom. this is about a third of the shots, but these are my favourites or the ones that show off Canada a bit. I would love some feedback so go ahead and comment and let me know what you think. It was great to be home a month and see family and see some places I haven't seen a while. I've been in the UK about two weeks now, but haven't shot much, not much motivation at the moment as I am settling into a new home and adjusting to life here. Once I get a bit settled I hope to get out and shoot. Going into london on Saturday and plant o shoot some black and white film.

Canada 2017 | Flickr

I hope you guys don't mind if I stay on this thread. Everyone has been very helpful over the past year and I want to stay connected with NZ, it's a special place and be proud to call it home, I am missing it a bit. Since I have real internet here in the UK I can actually upload at a respectable rate. So I will get started on updating my NZ albums and will send you the links once they are up to date.
Some lovely shots in there - I think my favourites are in the Tadoussac area - you saw lots more whales than us! It shocked me how deep that water was, and how cold. Also I recognise the Montreal Mont Royal locations - the kids and I went for a good walk around the mountain (probably a bit too far) and I have similar shots of the big O. The Five Roses sign is about 10mins away from where I lived for a while....

Hope you are enjoying the UK: LOTs of opportunities a short train ride away, and plenty of kiwis to discuss things with (you may have to deal with Aussies and South Africans also, but hey ).
07-23-2017, 12:22 PM   #13672
Veteran Member

Thanks Clarkey. It was four years since I last visited home so tried to enjoy home and family and get out when weather permitted. Would have loved more time in Montreal city to get some shots. Was worth going out for sunrise and getting the old port to myself. I think it's hard but thats the time to shoot cities. The streets were empty and the only people up didn't care what I was up too. So far so good in the UK, of to explore the Dorset coast this week. Hoping for a few good sunsets and some coastal landscape.

Got all south Island uploaded. Only about half my shots, but you'll get the idea.
New Zealand | Flickr

07-23-2017, 01:52 PM   #13673
GUB
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Thanks Clarkey. It was four years since I last visited home so tried to enjoy home and family and get out when weather permitted. Would have loved more time in Montreal city to get some shots. Was worth going out for sunrise and getting the old port to myself. I think it's hard but thats the time to shoot cities. The streets were empty and the only people up didn't care what I was up too. So far so good in the UK, of to explore the Dorset coast this week. Hoping for a few good sunsets and some coastal landscape.

Got all south Island uploaded. Only about half my shots, but you'll get the idea.
New Zealand | Flickr
Wow you had great weather for it!!. Great images - Looks like you did some reasonably tough tramps.
07-23-2017, 05:21 PM - 2 Likes   #13674
Pentaxian

They let me stay, and I've Nikon and Canon cameras! As long as you don't call hockey "field hockey", and do call ice hockey "ice hockey", you'll be right.
07-23-2017, 11:43 PM   #13675
Pentaxian

New Zealand | Flickr
Nice. Only one image of Marborough, and thankfully not grape vines . Our local council funded tourism agency thinks wine and the Marlborough Sounds are our identity. Grapes make up only about 2.3% of Marlborough land area, and over half is some kind of native vegetation, so I get frustrated by the vineyard stereotype.
07-24-2017, 02:41 AM   #13676
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Kiwizinho Quote
Nice. Only one image of Marlborough, and thankfully not grape vines . Our local council funded tourism agency thinks wine and the Marlborough Sounds are our identity. Grapes make up only about 2.3% of Marlborough land area, and over half is some kind of native vegetation, so I get frustrated by the vineyard stereotype.
I only managed one image because of the rain we had from Nelson to Blenheim and Marlborough. I think it three days i took only 4 photos. Didn't even take it on the wine tour, rain and inside of vineyards aren't that exciting.

that's one area I would love to go back and explore. hire a sale boat and a sailing crew (in a future rich life of mine) and tour the coast line sleeping on the boat. Apparently, according the the campground owner in Picton, Marlborough is something like 20% of NZ coast line. Pretty impressive.
07-24-2017, 03:33 AM   #13677
Pentaxian

I only managed one image because of the rain we had from Nelson to Blenheim and Marlborough. I think it three days i took only 4 photos. Didn't even take it on the wine tour, rain and inside of vineyards aren't that exciting.

that's one area I would love to go back and explore. hire a sale boat and a sailing crew (in a future rich life of mine) and tour the coast line sleeping on the boat. Apparently, according the the campground owner in Picton, Marlborough is something like 20% of NZ coast line. Pretty impressive.
20% sounds about right. There are plenty of places I haven't been to as it takes so long by road, and then some spots that you can't access at all without a boat. Unfortunately I don't think boat hire is cheap, as that would certainly be the way to see the Sounds.

You really must have picked the wrong time to be in Marlborough. Generally Blenheim and Nelson fight it out over which is going to be the sunniest town in NZ, although I must admit this winter it's been a bit miserable, but most of the time just overcast, not actually raining. I was getting to the point I was thinking I was going to need to water the garden a few weeks back there had been so little rain.
07-24-2017, 04:57 AM - 1 Like   #13678
Veteran Member

Ya we had overall good weather in the South compared to the north. The North was an adventure trying to navigate the incoming systems. We did our best.

Everything is uploaded (North Island as well). New Zealand | Flickr

Unfortunately I won't have anything new for New Zealand until i get back down and visit.

If anybody needs anything from the UK or need me to hold onto a package or shipping problems, just let me know. I would be more than happy to help you get the pentax stuff you need.

I did go into a camera store in Cambridge and he had a little chuckle when I told him I was a Pentax shooter. Said Pentax has stopped distributing to him and doesn't get anything new in store anymore. Also commented that Pentax probably won't be in business much longer. I looked at his used stuff and was shocked with the price. 35mm P30T, second hand for 60 Pounds!!! DA 18-55L lens for 99 Pounds.

Will make a trip into London to see if I can find some bargains. But at the moment I plan on little to zero investment. K70 and my Sigma 17-50mm will keep me happy for years to come.

And I finally got my tripod fixed from the Water Damage from the sea in the North Island. Sirui headquarters shipped me all new clips for free. I dismantled the tripod legs, washed, dried and put all new clips on. Looks like it's back to almost new condition. I'll keep my older 30 dollar tripod for wet weather conditions.

Net purchase will be a CPL, but with my Sigma being a 77mm thread it no easy Purchase. Would like to go with the 100mm set up so I can use it on future lens as well and sell it more easily if I need to, but it's not cheap that set up. Any suggestions?
07-24-2017, 07:50 PM   #13679

Ya we had overall good weather in the South compared to the north. The North was an adventure trying to navigate the incoming systems. We did our best.

Everything is uploaded (North Island as well). New Zealand | Flickr

Unfortunately I won't have anything new for New Zealand until i get back down and visit.

If anybody needs anything from the UK or need me to hold onto a package or shipping problems, just let me know. I would be more than happy to help you get the pentax stuff you need.

I did go into a camera store in Cambridge and he had a little chuckle when I told him I was a Pentax shooter. Said Pentax has stopped distributing to him and doesn't get anything new in store anymore. Also commented that Pentax probably won't be in business much longer. I looked at his used stuff and was shocked with the price. 35mm P30T, second hand for 60 Pounds!!! DA 18-55L lens for 99 Pounds.

Will make a trip into London to see if I can find some bargains. But at the moment I plan on little to zero investment. K70 and my Sigma 17-50mm will keep me happy for years to come.

And I finally got my tripod fixed from the Water Damage from the sea in the North Island. Sirui headquarters shipped me all new clips for free. I dismantled the tripod legs, washed, dried and put all new clips on. Looks like it's back to almost new condition. I'll keep my older 30 dollar tripod for wet weather conditions.

Net purchase will be a CPL, but with my Sigma being a 77mm thread it no easy Purchase. Would like to go with the 100mm set up so I can use it on future lens as well and sell it more easily if I need to, but it's not cheap that set up. Any suggestions?
I ended up taking a punt on a slimline Hoya off Ebay for around $28 US shipped. Is it genuine? Who knows? But the filter I got looks like the real deal, and it certainly is optically good, so I'm happy. There are endless debates on dozens of forums about the authenticity of these, but they get the job done and I can see no issues with shots I've taken using one.
07-25-2017, 04:49 AM - 2 Likes   #13680
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

New Zealand | Flickr
Montreal is fun to walk around; later at night is also better for the lack of shutters (everyone seems to congregate around the cathedral). These are from a few years ago when I borrowed Panoguy's Q (liked the B&W):

Canal Bridge
by Aaron, on Flickr

Old Montreal
by Aaron, on Flickr

The Dorset coast has some amazing scenery! If you can manage it, the area out further toward Lyme Regis is definitely worth a look.
« GR x GIN Social | - »