Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3678 Likes Search this Thread
08-23-2017, 03:12 PM - 1 Like   #13966
Veteran Member

Well, I hope one of you men win it. The lens looks fantastic in the case. Very impressive. The black lens probably wont have half the draw power because of the Mf aspect.

08-23-2017, 04:59 PM - 1 Like   #13967
GUB
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Bid with fierceness Ross - A bright light in a dark time.
08-23-2017, 05:02 PM - 1 Like   #13968
Pentaxian

Terrible news Ross, unimaginable really. Actually brings a tear to my eye. Good luck getting through it all.
08-23-2017, 07:51 PM - 1 Like   #13969
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Ross, my sincere condolences. My thoughts are with you and your family.

08-23-2017, 09:02 PM   #13970
Kiwi Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by GUB Quote
Bid with fierceness Ross - A bright light in a dark time.
Thats my intent exactly GUB.

Will have to be tempered with the fact there are a few unexpected costs racking up this week.

Any way's all the best to everyone who decides to bid
08-23-2017, 09:41 PM - 1 Like   #13971
Site Supporter

Very sad news, Ross. I'm very sorry to hear of your loss.
08-23-2017, 11:51 PM - 2 Likes   #13972
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Very sorry to hear of your news, Ross. Having just lost my father, whose time we knew was near, I can only imagine what you're feeling now. So glad to hear your positive thinking about the lens. Having purchased the KP just before my Dad passed, I was super keen to put it to use with so much family around and so glad with the results. There's something about the art of photography that inspires even in dark times.

I am reminded of what was said on here recently...

QuoteOriginally posted by Kiwizinho Quote
Life is more finite than we often care to admit, which is why it's nice to learn to capture moments in time that will outlast us.

08-24-2017, 12:34 AM   #13973
Veteran Member

Ross please tell me your moniker is Dassey????
08-24-2017, 12:34 AM   #13974
Kiwi Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by awa355 Quote
Ross please tell me your moniker is Dassey????
It is my wife's moniker, but yes it is
08-24-2017, 12:39 AM - 1 Like   #13975
Veteran Member

Just so pleased for you. Even my wife was getting emotional.
08-24-2017, 12:41 AM - 1 Like   #13976
Pentaxian

Speachless Ross
Take care Mate
08-24-2017, 01:04 AM - 1 Like   #13977
Kiwi Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by awa355 Quote
Just so pleased for you. Even my wife was getting emotional.
Thanks Awa, really appreciative that you took the time and had a look for me.

It gave me the confidence from your feedback to bid to that level on the lens.

I would like to say I am happy, but it's not really an emotion I have any of at the moment.

It is very nice to win the auction, and I plan to use the lens to take some images of birds and other nature, and remember Matthew while I am doing it.

Matthew was a very talented cameraman. He was also the life and soul of every party going. You always knew when he was in a room. This
is of Matt breaking every part of the cameraman's code about being invisible. Just down the road from you at Mystery Creek at the Parachute Music Festival a few years ago. That was Matt though, full of fun and life, and not too worried about what anyone else thought.

---------- Post added 24-08-17 at 08:11 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Transit Quote
Speachless Ross
Take care Mate
Thanks Pete

---------- Post added 24-08-17 at 08:19 PM ----------

Thank you everyone for your very kind wishes and thoughts. Hilary and I are surrounded by lots of family, friends, love and kindness from the various communities we are involved with, including this one.

We are celebrating Matthew's life on Saturday, which will be a really good thing.

There will be lots of tears, and lots of laughs - as there have been all week. Matthew was one of life's true characters, and in 24 short years had touched an amazing amount of peoples lives.

Thanks again.

Ross

p.s. I will be happy share the 250-600 around this community. It is sort of going to be my memory of Matthew lens, and I will be happy to share that memory with you all too.
08-24-2017, 01:57 AM   #13978
Veteran Member

Congrats on the win Ross! My budget got blown through much too quickly hahaha
08-24-2017, 02:12 AM - 1 Like   #13979

QuoteOriginally posted by NZ_Ross Quote

I would like to say I am happy, but it's not really an emotion I have any of at the moment.

It is very nice to win the auction, and I plan to use the lens to take some images of birds and other nature, and remember Matthew while I am doing it.

Matthew was a very talented cameraman. He was also the life and soul of every party going. You always knew when he was in a room. This short video is of Matt breaking every part of the cameraman's code about being invisible. Just down the road from you at Mystery Creek at the Parachute Music Festival a few years ago. That was Matt though, full of fun and life, and not too worried about what anyone else thought.

Thanks Pete

Thank you everyone for your very kind wishes and thoughts. Hilary and I are surrounded by lots of family, friends, love and kindness from the various communities we are involved with, including this one.

We are celebrating Matthew's life on Saturday, which will be a really good thing.

There will be lots of tears, and lots of laughs - as there have been all week. Matthew was one of life's true characters, and in 24 short years had touched an amazing amount of peoples lives.

Thanks again.

Ross

p.s. I will be happy share the 250-600 around this community. It is sort of going to be my memory of Matthew lens, and I will be happy to share that memory with you all too.
So sorry to hear of your loss. We celebrated my oldest son's 20th birthday last night, what you must be going through is unimaginable.
As an aside, as a radiographer of 30 years+ I have a reasonable knowledge of the ins and outs of the medical system, so anything I can offer at any point, don't hesitate to ask.
08-24-2017, 02:36 AM - 2 Likes   #13980
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by NZ_Ross Quote

Matthew was a very talented cameraman. He was also the life and soul of every party going. You always knew when he was in a room. This short video is of Matt breaking every part of the cameraman's code about being invisible. Just down the road from you at Mystery Creek at the Parachute Music Festival a few years ago. That was Matt though, full of fun and life, and not too worried about what anyone else thought.

Thanks Pete

Thanks again.

Ross

Congratulations Ross. And condolences for your loss.

I bid early on in the auction but the final price was well out of my budget.

Great to see it go to a fellow Pentaxian, especially one from the South Island.

Regards

Chris