Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3680 Likes Search this Thread
09-17-2017, 07:53 PM   #14056
Kiwi Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Transit Quote
Jacinda came and sun came out in Whangas
I thought the sun always shone in Whangas. Nice that you went along to capture a moment of history for us all

09-18-2017, 01:06 AM   #14057
Veteran Member

I am quite pleased the K50 never sold. With all the rain we have had lately it has seen quite a bit of use in rough weather. Nothing heavy or steady rain, but light drizzle hasn't shown any issues yet. I do tend to keep it covered as much as possible.
09-18-2017, 02:19 AM   #14058
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by NZ_Ross Quote
I thought the sun always shone in Whangas. Nice that you went along to capture a moment of history for us all
The sun went out for 6 years with the devils spawn then we had Mainly fine for the next 6
09-21-2017, 02:26 AM - 1 Like   #14059
Site Supporter

New Toy

So thanks to Ross, I have just taken ownership of a Pentax Q10. It's so dinky! I was very surprised at how small it was (I shouldn't have been if I had done my research better); it looked much bigger in the photos.

While the K-50 is my main camera, I wanted something smaller as in the summer time I like to head out on long scenic walks and the 50 is a bit too cumbersome to carry a long way. I also wanted something that I could have full control over (manual controls, etc, etc.), and also shoot in raw.
The Q10 also has the advantage of being more discreet, which will come in handy when shooting in crowded places. This camera ticks the above boxes even if it isn't the latest in gadgetry.

I haven't had much of a chance to play with it yet but the few inside shots I took this evening turned out okay, so I'm happy. I've just begun another photography course so will have a chance to play with it this weekend while I complete my assignment

PS: thanks Ross

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-50  Photo 
09-21-2017, 02:40 AM - 1 Like   #14060
Kiwi Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by photo_monkey Quote
I haven't had much of a chance to play with it yet but the few inside shots I took this evening turned out okay, so I'm happy. I've just begun another photography course so will have a chance to play with it this weekend while I complete my assignment

It's a pleasure. I didn't know the seller, but I am always keen to see Pentax gear going to a good home and being used.

Good to know it has landed well

Cheers
09-21-2017, 04:24 AM   #14061
GUB
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

So thanks to Ross, I have just taken ownership of a Pentax Q10. It's so dinky! I was very surprised at how small it was (I shouldn't have been if I had done my research better); it looked much bigger in the photos.

While the K-50 is my main camera, I wanted something smaller as in the summer time I like to head out on long scenic walks and the 50 is a bit too cumbersome to carry a long way. I also wanted something that I could have full control over (manual controls, etc, etc.), and also shoot in raw.
The Q10 also has the advantage of being more discreet, which will come in handy when shooting in crowded places. This camera ticks the above boxes even if it isn't the latest in gadgetry.

I have got the original Q. If you can score the 8.5mm prime it IQ is light years ahead of the standard zoom. The setup is great - if there is a shortfall in image quality compared to the big brothers it is the dynamic range.
09-21-2017, 02:48 PM   #14062
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by GUB Quote
I have got the original Q. If you can score the 8.5mm prime it IQ is light years ahead of the standard zoom. The setup is great - if there is a shortfall in image quality compared to the big brothers it is the dynamic range.
Thanks, will do. I was thinking my next purchase should be a prime lens for it although I am wanting to get a wide angle lens for the K-50 (hmmm ... how to prioritise my spending ).
Have you tried putting any of your K lenses on it with the adaptor?

09-21-2017, 03:49 PM   #14063
Kiwi Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Have you tried putting any of your K lenses on it with the adaptor?
I have an original Q as well - yes, K-mount lenses work well enough on a Q - particularly the smaller ones
09-21-2017, 05:07 PM   #14064
Veteran Member

Very cool, i have had a look at Q's too, if i can find the 110-Q adapter that would be even better as i can put my 110 lenses on the Q... Oh yeah, if you want, i have a spare 24mm Auto 110 lens at home that is not being used
09-21-2017, 05:41 PM   #14065
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Kiwi110Auto Quote
Very cool, i have had a look at Q's too, if i can find the 110-Q adapter that would be even better as i can put my 110 lenses on the Q... Oh yeah, if you want, i have a spare 24mm Auto 110 lens at home that is not being used
Thanks, I might be interested although I guess my first choice would be to buy the 01 Prime if I can find one. I had never heard of the Auto 110 lenses before (my knowledge isn't that great when it comes to this sort of thing). I did manage to find an adaptor on BH Photovideo (link to adaptor) that might be okay, and not too expensive.
09-21-2017, 06:15 PM   #14066
Kiwi Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Thanks, I might be interested although I guess my first choice would be to buy the 01 Prime if I can find one. I had never heard of the Auto 110 lenses before (my knowledge isn't that great when it comes to this sort of thing). I did manage to find an adaptor on BH Photovideo (link to adaptor) that might be okay, and not too expensive.
You can adapt them - GUB has done this from memory, and will be able to provide more information on the process.
09-21-2017, 09:12 PM   #14067
GUB
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by NZ_Ross Quote
You can adapt them - GUB has done this from memory, and will be able to provide more information on the process.
Yep had heaps of fun.
Adapted lenses tested on the Q : the reference thread - Page 47 - PentaxForums.com
I did a lot of entries in this thread including enlarger lenses and 110 18,24,50 and 70mm lenses. Plenty of K and m42 lens too.
09-21-2017, 10:18 PM   #14068
Veteran Member

The Auto 110 is cool, old school SLR that uses the little 110 cartridge film, a whole heap of fun
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
Canon EOS 1300D  Photo 
09-22-2017, 11:29 AM   #14069
Veteran Member

Ross,,, has the big lens arrived yet?
09-22-2017, 11:59 AM   #14070
Pentaxian

I had the original Q now got the Q7
I've got the little prime lens but never use it
the standard zoom is very good you can switch on corrections to get rid of the distortion if you want
The 06 long zoom is even better mine didn't bounce very well so that's buggered .
I use the 110 50ml if I need more reach at candidates meetings for instance :-)

oldie but goodie
bold mono with grainanui

here she was at the west coast sand mining protest the other day
jpg sooc
iso 100 f6.3
seldom stop it down that much. Better used only one stop down. The lenses are really good

Last edited by Transit; 09-22-2017 at 02:06 PM.
« GR x GIN Social | - »