Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3680 Likes Search this Thread
12-19-2012, 08:05 PM   #3631
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Oooh look -planes! = extent of my knowledge!

12-19-2012, 09:04 PM   #3632
Pentaxian

You must have heard of Huricanes tho Arpe
12-20-2012, 03:09 AM   #3633
Kiwi Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Transit Quote
Maybe he hasn't....
12-20-2012, 03:11 AM   #3634
Kiwi Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

...and the DA14 quietly sobs at home
I know, I feel awful too, but the DA15 is smaller, and just a sweet little lens....

12-20-2012, 01:34 PM   #3635
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Class A Quote
The manual focus 50-135/2.8 on TM... (not mine).
3 year old SDM and it went for $1050...
must be a few Kiwi Pentaxians out there, do we need an outreach programme ?
12-20-2012, 05:19 PM   #3636
Kiwi Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

More like a 12 step programme for LBA
12-20-2012, 10:18 PM   #3637
Pentaxian

My name is Peter and I just bought a very expensive lens.
I have no control over this.
I am trying to sell lenses but it is hard, very hard...

12-20-2012, 10:57 PM   #3638
Kiwi Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

I am trying to sell lenses but it is hard, very hard...
As someone who is considering a bit of lens culling - I know what you are saying
12-21-2012, 07:09 PM   #3639
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
Bugger!

QuoteOriginally posted by John Hill Quote
... I have just learned the de Havilland Mosquito will be at the Ashburton aviation museum around about 11-13 January!
Oh dear! Just heard from the head JAFA and plane wont be coming here after all!
12-21-2012, 07:30 PM   #3640
Kiwi Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

I am quite sad about that
12-22-2012, 01:30 AM   #3641
GUB
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

calling bobD

Having another go at focus stacking as per conversation page 232. Chucked the camera lens combo onto a rail and still had magnification ghosting issues. Using 50 mm macro and one web source suggested needing distance between camera and subject to overcome this which would suggest the 100mm might do better?. Am I right in thinking that the infocus planes of each image would be at the same magnification but the surrounding out of focus is at a different magnification and confusing the computer? I am juryrigging a now very ex m42 bellows unit utilizing the tripod mounted end with 49mm filter threads mounted each side.
Lens one side--- ring flash the other. This should mean when I focus the lens the camera should move not the lens. Waiting for the glue to dry!!
12-22-2012, 03:12 AM   #3642
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by GUB Quote
This should mean when I focus the lens the camera should move not the lens.
I'd say you have to move both lens and camera (or the subject). If you change the length of the bellows (either way), you'll change magnification which will lead to ghosting. You need to change focus by changing the distance between camera and subject only.
12-22-2012, 02:38 PM   #3643
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It has been confirmed for Masterton in January. Seeing as the Auckland "International Air Show" looks like a fizzer, I'll definitely be heading over to Masterton on Wellington Anniversary weekend.
12-22-2012, 08:19 PM   #3644
Pentaxian

Bi-dom - kish. (that's a drum sound )
12-22-2012, 08:52 PM   #3645

Sadly one less now, I confess I've just defected. I will miss this group, while I've had little to say I have called in each morning as part of my start up process at work and at various times on weekends. I haven't always logged in but it has been a long term part of my routine and one I have enjoyed very much indeed - thank you all for making this group sing.

Why have I moved?

1) I now have a gold card and I really can't hang around for Pentax to get its act together which is sad as I really liked the K5 but there is no room for progression beyond that in the Pentax road map, certainly not in the immediated future.

2) My two stalwart lens, the DA*16-50 and the DA* 50-135 were fine performers but each time I turned the camera on the thing that was formost in my mind was "will it work?", enough said. The silence from Pentax is deafening and until that issue is formally resolved I was not prepared to invest in further glass and any enjoyment I had in owning those lens evaporated long ago.

3) Finally the lack of support from the local distributer along with difficulty in getting product - again enough said.

I called into Photo and Video here in Christchurch on Friday afternoon and walked out with a Nikon D800 and an AF-S 24-70 f2.8 ED A quick trip home to recharge the visa and pack up the pentax gear then back to P&V where I spent the rest on a AF-S 70-200 f2.8 VRii. These two lens have a field of view on the FF sensor that matches what I had on the APS-C pentax.

I had done my research and decided that if I was to leave Pentax then Nikon was the way to go for what I do. I had also decided on what I needed for starters and so basically went in to see if they had a body I could handle. They did and they also had a brand new boxed one and the lens were also new and boxed. What staggered me after using Pentax for more years than I could remember was this gear was in stock and the demo model was back on the shelf.

No system is perfect and each brand has its share of problems but the move was right for me and that is the important bit, sad but having now played with this stuff there would never be a going back. I'm not going to start making comparisons since the D800 cost about two and a half times a new K5ll and apples don't compare with oranges.

Please accept my very best wishes for your future and I do hope Pentax finally gets it act together; it will be too late for me but just now I'm one seriously happy chap.

Brian
« GR x GIN Social | - »